It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people care more about liberties of the unborn than that of our own?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
Do you know what law enforcement is supposed to do? They are to resolve the situation without using excessive force. This means that they use only what is a necessity to bring the situation under control.

Incorrect. Law enforcement is to enforce the law. Their primary purpose is not to resolve current situations. If they can get there in time, sure, but that's secondary. They are law enforcement meaning that their primary purpose is not to protect you and prevent you from death/rape/theft but to enforce the laws and punishment against that. So their real job is to find the people that just raped and murdered you and your family and then arrest them. You are responsible for your own defense.

But it does not mean that it is right. Do I have a right? Sort of. No one would blame me for sure. But IS IT RIGHT?

No. It is not. By killing that criminal in the act, I destroyed any chance that he/she had at salvation of any kind.

And just because something can be justified, that does NOT MEAN THAT IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. I actually believe this could be one of the major problems with society today : Excuse.

You misunderstand your religion. It's fine to defend yourself. Commandment says "17 You shall not murder."
Murder is unjustified homicide. Meaning you can KILL if it is in defense of yourself, because that's justified. Makes more sense, since God talks alot about killing pretty much everybody.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Quite interesting of you to assume that I believe something besides what I have stated in this very thread - and in the very post to which you responded.

When law enforcement shows up to a situation, the first step is to manage the situation so they can do their jobs.

They do not stand around and wait for the crime to happen and then arrest people - especially when lives are at stake. In the event that they must manage the situation, they do it to the best of their ability without hurting anyone.

What happens if an officer shoots someone who has not threatened them or someone else with deadly force?

Enjoy.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join