It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Deems American Flag 'Offensive'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Do you have a link to the interview that you saw ? I looked all over and couldn't find any video footage of it. All I was able to find was one from the 11th with her and her mom, and one from the 13th and in both of those she said the teacher never told her what it was that she found offensive.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by XNeMeSis21

Originally posted by Raist
Not that I want to "worship" the flag as some do I do respect the fact that it can be seen as a symbol of America (though a better symbol should be the Constitution). I am not sure how the teacher sees it as offensive unless of course there are many immigrants in the class. If that is the case they should get used to seeing the flag as they are living in the country.

As for the teacher I think maybe she should be deported to some place she finds less offensive.

Raist

Huh? WTH are you talking about why do you always have to turn things into an anti-immigrant thing? when it has nothing to do with that. I read the story and I didn't see sh@t about that and another thing the teacher in this story was probably saying the art work of the flag was offensive because of what was writen "God Bless America" not the flag it self.

I offhandedly mentioned the immigrants due to the fact that it happened during Cinco de Mayo and threads such as these were popping up…

Kids sent home for wearing American flag clothes because it offended hispanic kids.. WTF?[/

L.A. Teacher Calls for Mexican Revolt in the U.S.

The incident in the OP took place in a state known well for a high immigration rate and now teachers that should not be teaching (not to mention the state all these threads are in relation to). I could go into all of the other things wrong with the state but that is another thread.

Thanks though for trying to turn my post into some racist sounding sort of thing. I would like to know how “I” am always turning things into an anti-immigrant sort of thing if you do not mind my asking? I do not recall ever turning anything into an anti-immigrant thing. Please point out my posts that do so, thanks.

Raist

[edit on 5/15/10 by Raist]

new topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join