It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mullah Omar? Has he been caught?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hmm There are some rumblings going on that Taliban leader Mullah Omar has been taken in to custody in Pakistan?

Now im taking this snippet with a pinch of salt until I can get more info but if it is the case then this could turn in to some pretty big news,

This man had a $10 million bounty on his head For sheltering Osama bin-Laden.

Its said that United States Intelligence where alerted 10 days ago of this and it came as quite a surprise to them,

As of yet im trying to get some more detail here... It could be just another "we made a mistake" ect thing,

But one story to keep an eye on in the coming days,

More as I dig some info on this

Link to ATS news thread on same topic too,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-5-2010 by asala]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Heard the same rumor somewhere else on the net. Can't find anything solid yet.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

This would be big if it is true.
As I have stated in several threads in the past, I am around 95% certain certain that Osama Bin Laden has been dead for many years unless he was out of Afghanistan long before 9/11 due to his advanced renal insufficiency or failure.

However, Omar was a known Taliban leader and associate of Bin Laden. Some people debate even if Bin Laden was a real single entity or not, but Omar definitely is. If he has been captured it would be a huge blow to the remaining Taliban.

I just found a blog Here that supports the rumors you have heard.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yep its sweeping the net like a storm right now, People are blogging it ect..

Odd that there has been no announcement,

Though from what i have been told he is not in US custody just Pakistan

When this explosive information was quietly confirmed to United States Intelligence ten days ago by Pakistani authorities, it appeared to take the Defense Department by surprise. No one, though, is going to be more surprised than Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It seems even with confirmation from the Pakistanis themselves, she was never brought up to speed.

link

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Just give it time and we'll find out. Maybe we'll never find him and just give up. :/

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It would be interesting to find out how this has got out... Giving that it has been 10 days since they where supposedly told.

Makes you wonder if this is some kind of planned leak.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Seems like I can't find distinguishing articles between whether he has actually been captured or it's just that Pakistan knows where he is.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It makes me wonder ..... If this story is indeed true then could the "Finding" of such a man be due to another high ranked Afghan leader spilling the beans so to speak....?

WASHINGTON — Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, the most senior Afghan Taliban leader in custody in Pakistan, is providing important information to American officials on the inner workings of the Taliban, pivotal insights as the United States looks ahead to negotiations to end the war in Afghanistan, according to senior American intelligence and military officials.

Link

new topics

top topics

join