It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to all fundamentalists...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a) do you believe in aliens?

IF SO: is that not a contradiction of the church? where in the bible say that they woul, and would they not inevitabely prove your god wrong?

IF NOT: why not? we are but an atom in an infinite universe. why would we be the only spec of dust in a galaxy that houses over 2 BILLION star systems??? aliens must undoubtedly exist, for we cannot be the only life.

b) EVOLUTION!!!

yes, a delicate subject. but, it does not prove god wrong! it could be merely a tool of the hand of god! therefore, why fight it so? what if it is a tool of god? then you would be fighting against His holy word!!!

just thoughts i have

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Fundamentalists will never make any sense out of what they believe until they dismiss their fairy tales completely. Until then, EVERY single one of them will be in DISAGREEMENT with each other, and have different opinions and views.

In the end, their beliefs are honestly all nonsense, and they will NEVER agree on what to believe in. Quite humorous, but SAD that adults often act like children.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

What is a fundamentalist?

Second line, less important than the first.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
For Bible-believers,this scripture tells how we can judge these things.

"This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God:Every spirit that acknowledges Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist,which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world." 1 John 4:2-3

Not only has it been documented that "alien abductions" will halt when rebuked in the name of the Lord,as I recall the alien "agenda" only reinforces the new world order and a false religion of "unity" that has nothing to do with Christ.

God also says He made man in HIS image. That doesn't sound like an "alien" to me. Sounds more like the Nephalim,the fallen angels who mated with humans and animals!

The Bible warns of the delusion that would fool even the "elect,if that were possible". Those who aren't trusting in the guidance of the God and His discernment could be fooled. It's a sad fact that the "falling away" and "new-age Christianity" has left many in the dark.

I can't speak for others,but seeing "aliens" will not shake my faith in the least,and any "evidence" scientists try to come up will not be valid in my mind. I will see it for part of the larger conspiracy that non-believers would only laugh at.

So be it. That's my "fundamentalist" view,to put it briefly.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Fundamentalist is a relative term, however, as a Christian I can give you my viewpoints on the subject.

1. The Earth is over 4.5 billion years old.

2. There were perhaps many animal and quite possibly intelligent species here on Earth prior to man.

3. The Bible is the book of mankind and God and their relationship to each other. Therefore, it need not explain about everything God did prior to the event of mankind appearing on the Earth.

4. Yes, there are "aliens" of many kinds. There are also Angels.

5. At one time, some rebellious Angels called "watchers" took women from the human population and had sex with them producing Nephilim, some were hideous cannibalistic giants.

6. Some of the alien creatures today thought to be aliens from space are Nephilim who were produced through genetic engineering.

7. A coming war for the Earth is about to begin where the Earth will be dominated by the fallen and the Nephilim, but Christ will come shortly after that and defeat the enemy on mankind.

That's my viewpoint. yes, there's aliens. No, we are not alone. But then it's really no big deal anyway.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

You speak the truth. let me tell my story. I was awoken late one night. Feeling trouble and thinking someone was in the house, I went downstairs and had the urge to go outside which I did. Standing in the driveway (apx 3am) I looked up and in the field in back of my house I saw two amber balls of light slowly drift towards me about 100 ft up. I sensed a presence and became aware that they/it was watching me watch them. It slowed and hovered. I had the feeling that they had somehow been in the house earlier and were returning back after leaving for whatever reason. Somehow I understood that they were very powerful creatures who had been on Earth for many thousands of years. They were Nephilim. I knew this because they and me were somehow communicating this, and they knew who I was. And I knew who I was. In fact the whole communication was all about identity of each other. " I know who you are ! " I told them in thought barely mouthing the words. " You have nothing on me, I belong to God through Christ, you can't harm me ! " Slowly, the craft began to drift away without making any sound and disappeared over the trees into the night. The next day I thought it was all a dream until my neighbor told me he saw two amber orbs in the field the night before.

But they had paid me a visit earlier unawares, but I rejected their authority and told them who I was and they had no power over me when they returned for me. There are some other details I left out that are not important to this subject.

Christians do not get abducted if they reject their attempt to take you, but you must deny them that right for them to comply. All other humans can be taken at will and have to power to resist them.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Fromabove]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm a Christian and have no problem with aliens...I believe God made them too.

Evolution...no problem. The Earth is billions of years old, the Bible covers the time of Adam and Eve and the lineage of Christ. It even speaks of Behemoth...dinosaurs.

I think it would be cool to see how Jesus appeared to the aliens.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

That's awesome! Luke 10:17,"Lord,even the demons submit to us in your name."..."However,do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you,but rather,rejoice that your names are written in heaven."(Luke 10:20)

I had an experience with a glowing orange orb myself,but I was in a very "fallen" state at the time. At the time,it made me feel at peace,like maybe an angel was watching out for me.(Now I'm not so sure!)

However,in the last couple of years,I have experienced strange phenomenon that I have immediately turned over to God and asked His protection for. Things have happened that defy explanation,such as the picture of Jesus on my bulletin board becoming askew,the tack actually moved from it's place,for instance. The radio changing stations by itself,things like that.

I praise God for the victory you had over the enemy in His name!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre

It would make sense (to me) that God would use the other stars and planets for something. Biblically, there seems to be a suggestion that there are beings not from this world.

IF SO: is that not a contradiction of the church? where in the bible say that they woul, and would they not inevitabely prove your god wrong?

"I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd." - John 10:16

This could mean "other nations" instead of "other worlds" but I don't think it's clear which. Could mean both.

"Their entire bodies, including their backs, their hands and their wings, were completely full of eyes, as were their four wheels." - Ezekiel 10:12

"and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was that of a man, but each of them had four faces and four wings. Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze." - Ezekiel 1:5-7

This could mean angels, but the book does not say angels even though angels are mentioned in Genesis. They could live in Heaven but the book doesn't say this either. Later on though, we find out at least some of them serve God:

"Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come." - Revelation 4:8

IF NOT: why not? we are but an atom in an infinite universe. why would we be the only spec of dust in a galaxy that houses over 2 BILLION star systems???

This is a good question. To those who don't think aliens exist, they've said that this was for our benefit but would be best for me to leave the question to others who share this viewpoint.

aliens must undoubtedly exist, for we cannot be the only life.

Well, be fair, we don't know for a fact yet.

b) EVOLUTION!!!

yes, a delicate subject. but, it does not prove god wrong! it could be merely a tool of the hand of god! therefore, why fight it so? what if it is a tool of god? then you would be fighting against His holy word!!!

just thoughts i have

Many Christians do believe in evolution. My reason for not believing is because of what I've learned in Genetics in college. Even Ecology has 'issues' with evolution...and taxonomy, well, I'd rather not even go there. For me, it's not something proven yet by science. It may, but not today.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by saint4God]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Captain_Sense
Until then, EVERY single one of them will be in DISAGREEMENT with each other, and have different opinions and views.

Every Christian believes in John 3:16. Some agree or disagree that brown matches well with blue. Did you really expect all followers of God to be mindless drones? How dreadful would it be to be an individual then!

[edit on 11-5-2010 by saint4God]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am not a fundamentalist christian, but I do have faith in God.

1. I do believe that Extra Terrestrial Biological Entities can, and do, exist out there in far reaches of space. This is not a contradiction of the Bible because it clearly states in Genesis that God created the "heavens" and the Earth. The "heavens" can include stars, planets, galaxies, extra terrestrial life, etc.. I mean, it doesn't say "God created the heavens (including the horse head nebula, the various star constellations, asteroids, gases, alien life, and so on) and the Earth," but it is common knowledge that one of the definitions of "heaven" is "...the sky, firmament or space surrounding the earth," and does include all of the aforementioned things (and then some). No contradiction there.

2. Evolution. For the time being I am entirely unsure about this. I am well versed in evolutionary theory, being that I am an Anthropology student. However, I do see room for error in interpretation... nothing I can yet prove, though. So on the surface the theory stands solid and scientifically viable. I cannot come up with any logical argument against it that can be tested with the scientific method. Therefore, like it or not, I must accept it as fact. So... you will get no argument against evolution from me. It remains the best scientific explanation to date.

So... there you have it. A christian's perspective on the two subjects. I'm not a fundamentalist... but... I do believe there is a God. The God of Abraham. The God of the Holy Bible.

...think what you will of me... but it is my own choosing to believe. We live in a Country where I am allowed to believe what I choose.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by aletheia]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Sorry i didn't reply earlier, it's been a busy week what with reviews for finals and track meets and the like.

I like the responses, i was kind of expecting a huge backlash from the fundies. and by that i meant the people who believe that every word of their religious text is actual truth.

I had never heard of the Nephilim, but from what you've told me, i am seeing a resemblance to the Greek mythology's Laestrygonian. the, too were grotesque cannibalistic giants. In the Oddysey, they attacked Odysseus and his men as he sailed past their Island.

I like the responses, and how they sound like they're not trying to kill me with acidity of the tongue, how they are civil. Thanks!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

IF NOT: why not? we are but an atom in an infinite universe. why would we be the only spec of dust in a galaxy that houses over 2 BILLION star systems??? aliens must undoubtedly exist, for we cannot be the only life.

b) EVOLUTION!!!

just thoughts i have

First lets define fundamental

a basic principle, rule, law, or the like, that serves as the groundwork of a system; essential part: to master the fundamentals of a trade.

Adding the "ism" does not change the root meaning therefore everybody is a fundamentalist of something.

Question 1, .............no, but I am not closed minded to the idea of other life, yet the Bible says nothing about anything elsewhere, as the Bible does not speak of creation of creatures outside of the planet earth.

Question 2,............... the Bible is the word of God......not every word we do not know everything about what was created even upon our earth.

Question 3,............... the finite universe was created for us to observe his handiwork for time and season. www.illustramedia.com...

Question 4 .............. first define which evolution you are talking about cosmic evolution the big bang no one was there and it is not a repeatable process so it is not provable

stellar evolution how the hypothesis stars are formed, no new star has ever been recorded to have formed only blow up.

organic evolution where life forms from rain on rocks with lightning never been repeated never been seen.

macro evolution,.... lizards becoming chickens,..... bananas becoming monkeys never seen never proved. And dead bones are not proof of evolution in any way.

Micro evolution .... wolves becoming every dog breed we see today
yes..........variation and adaptation is and does happen but it is not proof of macro evolution.

You see the end of creation on the end of the sixth day God said it was very good. He was happy with what he had done, no need of millions of years death to make the creatures that have gone extinct.

If you look at fossils and the Biblical account of a world wide flood you can see how that it is not possible for evolution to be true. Every thing that we see if looked at with God in mind can be defined scientifically if we use the Bible as a guide to the unknown things we find.

Oldest tree is only about 4000 years old places it around the time of the flood.

Great coral reef grows at a know rate it is about 4000 years old.

the Shara Desert grows at a know rate it is about 4000 years old.

the earths magnetic field is dying at a know rate if we were to calculate backwards around 20,000 years ago the earth would have been a magnetic star to hot to support life.

The Colorado River would have to have flowed up hill for millions of years, because the head of the river "where the river starts is about 1500 feet lower in alt. then the head of the canyon "where the river goes into the Grand Canyon"

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

we have seen stars forming, and we have also seen them dying. we have not however, seen a star form to its entirety. the main reason being that they take a very very very long time to form. nonetheless, we have seen the frmation of one.

i did not mean cosmic, i meant organic. we can tell from bones the history of a species. we can carbon date them or radiometric date the surrounding rock if it proves too old. we can see how some lizards began to develop into birds, like archaeopterix, or micropterix i thik that one is called. we can see how amphibians became more reptilian, like having tougher skin that would lock in moisture.

and bananas did not form into simians, nor vice. bananas are a plant, which came from the algae-like bacteria, and monkeys from the protozoans. and by studying animals today, we can see similarities or traits that were still held. we can see the emergence of more chambers in the hearts of organisms from fish to chordates. fish have 2, chordates have 4. we can see that amphibians have soft jelly-like eggs, and therefore must reproduce in water. as lizards broke away, they developed eggs that would lock in moisture, and the birds developed the hard shelled egg.

and we have evidence for the big bang. we can see that objects are moving at supersonic speeds, and, as Newton put it, an object in motion stays in motion, unless acted upon by an outside force. they must have been put into motion by an explosion or something similar. also, we have the cosmic background radiation. like an oven left open, the heat would warm the house and the house cool the oven until they reached the same temp, all of space stays at the constant temperature of -270 degrees Celsius.

also, it can be repeatable. do you know about the big crunch? that is the theory where if all the matter in the universe returned to that microscopic area it was originally at. therefore, this could be the first, the hundredth, the millionth, or even the BILLIONTH time it has happened.

and if the universe is finite, give me the measurements, and also a theory good enough to replace the big bang.

also, evolution happens gradually. we domesticated dogs, and bred dogs that had characteristics that we as humans wanted. we bred dogs that were athletic, smart, etc., to dogs that had similar traits in order to create a breed we liked.

and the magnetic field reverses periodically, but it is not dying. if that were true, plate tectonic motion would slow down because the core would be becoming solid, and we would be descending into a mars like existence.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

organic evolution where life forms from rain on rocks with lightning never been repeated never been seen.

That's abiogenesis, life from non-life and there isn't a scientist in the world who would claim it came from lightning or rain on rocks. Abiogenesis has not been proven but evolution has, evolution as in genetic traits being passed down generation after generation slowly changing an organism. Evolution does not attempt to explain the origin of the first lifeforms merely how those first lifeforms evolved and became so incredibly diverse. Perhaps you should do a little research about Evolution before you make statements like the one I quoted.

I'm not a believer or a fundamentalist but my Dad is one. He has stated to me on multiple occasions that he believes we humans are the most important thing in God's plan and that he doesn't feel God would have any side projects (ie Aliens). He also thinks that UFOs could be angels traveling to and from Earth.

I can't see why the existence of aliens would be in violation of the belief system. The belief that Jesus is the son of God who died for our sins really doesn't have anything to do with aliens. Christianity seems, at least to me, neither open or closed on the subject of extraterrestrial life.

Evolution has the evidence to back it up and if something is evidently true about God's Universe than denying it is only denying God. For some reason Creationists are opposed to the idea that God could have used abiogenesis and evolution to bring about life and make it diverse BUT they defend the idea of magical creation for which there is no evidence whatsoever. Evolution is supported by the fossil record, by clear genetic evidence and has even been directly observed.

It seems to me that Creationists too often confuse deity with dogma/doctrine. They will defend these myths as absolute truth despite the fact that studying God's Universe scientifically leads to far better answers. Its as though they believe their faith in God would vanish if the Bible turned out to be flawed (and it is VERY flawed).

new topics

top topics

join