It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Man Shoots Latino Neighbor In AZ Over Immigration Law

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I see many people say that the media cares so much about political correctness.

My question to you is.... really?

Obviously this is not true, if this was the opposite there would be a HUGE backlash over this, but no, there won't be

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It would seem people here on ATS care more about a histpanic looking HUMAN BEING disrespecting a flag than they do about the sanctity of human life. Thank you for showing us the other side.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thanks for the video. It was such a great example of how Liberals lack any common sense whatsoever and how they are blinded by their own irrational perception of the events around them. I agree the media sould pick up on this and run with it. Gave you a S&F.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CowPatty

Liberals? Liberals are not the ones saying we should check the IDs of non-whites. I sincerely doubt the shooter in this story was a Liberal.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Did you even watch the video? Didnt you see the Young Turk try to perform a mind meld on us with his irrational logic. The Young Turk is about as liberal as you can get without putting on your Stalin t-shirt.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

So, what we have here is the YoungTurks putting media spin on a report from a media outlet that put their spin on it where they got their info from WHERE?

Seems to be a lot of spin lately.

I think I will wait for the court transcripts and FACTS from evidence provided that has been argued against.

Sorry, sick of all the SPIN and MEDIA BIAS.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So............has the guy been indicted for murder? Seems like an argument could be made for a hate crime too. Cenk makes some very good arguments suggesting a lack of consistency on the part of Lieberman and our Republican lawmakers where it comes to Miranda rights, categorizing unlawful acts as acts of terrorism or hate crimes.

I don't understand how the police determine when or why to withhold information that might potentially cause an escalation or environment for race riots...seems like BS to me.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Found several news story online on this

Phoenix man accused in neighbor's shooting death

blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...#

***Statement from Phoenix PD: Shortly after 1:00 p.m. May 6, 2010, Phoenix Police Officers were called to the scene of a shooting at 6400 S. Montezuma. They found Juan Varela who had been shot. He was transported to a local hospital where he died.

Gary Thomas Kelley has lived two houses from the victim for a number of years. The two know each other but they have gotten into altercations during the past several years. Today, Kelley and Varela got into an altercation on the sidewalk in front of a nearby house. During the altercation, Kelley used racial slurs towards Juan Varela. As the altercation was occurring, Juan's brother Antonio Varela walked over to his brother and Kelley. Antonio exchanged words with Kelley. At that time, Juan either kicked or attempted to kick Kelley. Kelley pulled a gun and pointed it at Juan and Antonio. Kelley then shot Juan Varela who fell on the sidewalk. Kelley then walked back to his house and went inside.

Officers who responded to the scene went to Kelley's house where he was arrested when he came outside. Kelley was drinking when he was arrested and appeared to be intoxicated. He was not armed when he was arrested, but a search warrant was served on his house and the gun believed to be used in the homicide was found inside.

At this time, Gary Thomas Kelley is being booked into the Maricopa County Jail and is being charged with one count of Murder and two counts of Aggravated Assault.

[edit on 5/10/2010 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

LOL, thanks for proving my point.

Ok just maybe Lieberman thinks that terrorism starts when you create a weapon inteneded to kill 100's of RANDOM people and then you put it in a crowded public place, as opposed to walkng next door with a gun and shooting your neighbor that you have an argument with. See the difference?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

WOW!!!! really, and liberals will get the blame, even though that it was a conservative who made the law, and if the stereotype is correct, the liberal would't have a gun.

i love how they claim that it was NOT racial, yet white vs. latino. hmmmmm.

this is a pathetic law that will lead to racial profiling, and is unconstitutional anyways.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

LOL, so you are saying every time a crime gets committed by a member of one race on another that it is racism? C'mon!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CowPatty

LOL, so you are saying every time a crime gets committed by a member of one race on another that it is racism? C'mon!

The white guy calls him a wetback , and tells him to go back home.

Can you get more racial than that ?

No

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Oh so you have never said anything improper in the heat of an argument. Maybe it was racial, but unless somebody on the case is a mind reader nobody will ever know if it was racially motivated. For all we know the murderer had a bout of psychosis and just started blurting things out like he had Tourettes.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Our country is falling apart and it seems that nothing can fix it. Race plays to much of a roll in American culture and this one of many reasons why America is like this today.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Our country is falling apart and it seems that nothing can fix it. Race plays to much of a roll in American culture and this one of many reasons why America is like this today.

It's only beginning.

Next time , the Latino guy will be packing as well.

Which Company makes body bags?

Might be a good investment.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
to all the white guys.

[rant]

you can't call another an immigrant, for your ancestors were immigrants. in fact, they are the ORIGINAL illegal immigrant.

we [natives] should have built a wall! you wouldn't learn our language, took our lives, and carried out a genocide. (anyone seeing at least somewhat of a parallel episode?)

ya so, you cannot have a fuss about race. those who cannot tolerate other races have closed minds.

[/rant]

back on topic, yes this was a hate crime, as he called out a racial slur, and then shot him. yet you guys don'y consider that! why?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

LOL, I think you would call us an invading army who won and took the land as a sign of victory. I welcome Mexico to try to invade us and try to take it back.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by CowPatty]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CowPatty

LOL, I think you would call us an invading army who one and took the land as a sign of victory. I welcome Mexico to try to invade us and try to take it back.

In your earlier replies , I couldn't understand your point of view.

After reading this post, it makes sense.....

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

It's only beginning.

Next time , the Latino guy will be packing as well.

Which Company makes body bags?

Might be a good investment.

OHH!! I think if halliburton saw this they would buy up the best body bag makers in Arizona!!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Sad that soemeone had to die, however you have one side of the story. Using a racial slur doesn't make someone a racist, and don't worry, it'll be a hate crime before they are doen, white shooter, minority "victim", yup it'll be that before long.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join