It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ode to America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have had the opportunity to travel to the states over the last 2 years. Although, I only got to see the "hot spots" I would just to like to say how amazing of a time I had.

Lately, on ATS I have noticed a MASSIVE infiltration of anti-american slander.

So I have made this thread, even as a Canadian, to try to remind everyone of how great America truly is and that it is the people that make it great.

In the last 2 years I have been to NYC, LA, travelled on the Pacific Coast Highway, rented a car and drove through death valley to Nevada (vegas), Boston, Florida, Chicago.

I would have to say Catalina Island was just amazing I met this girl while mini putting.

Anyways, no matter how beautiful the scenery and architecture these places had to offer, I always found that everyone was just so socially happy and connecting.

Everyone is just having a good time, and even the homeless people in Laguna were eating meals off of dinner plates right on the beach! I'm like I'm pretty sure I'd rather be homeless in Laguna from Dec-Mar then freezing up here lol

I just like how Americans are so talkative and engaging. Maybe it was just my experiences but I give a big props to the "people" that make American great

United you stand and united you fall, do not let them divide you

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronTheSpeaker

American's are some of the nicest , generous people on the planet.

It's a crying shame your Politican's are Self centered Egotistical A-holes.

The Citizenry of the US is Not the Problem.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thank you OP for recognizing all of the things America provides and the vast majority of the Citizens are not racist or bigots as many others like to make sure Americans Citizens get branded as.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It is same as with Israel. To criticize Israel government policies doesn't mean to be anti-Semite. To criticize USA government policies doesn't mean to be anti-American. Just European view on the problem.
There are many things which I really dislike about American culture - "Freedom fries" being example - but it do not base any hatred against American people. We are all on one boat and division is tool of TPTB - our common enemy.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm not anti-any country.

I'm anti governments that rule with moral ambiguity and do not respect the Natural Rights of their people.

top topics

join