It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Live On BBC 10 O'Clock news 10/05/10 ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I saw this on the 10 o'clock new above and to the right of the reporter . It is a bright yellow light that did not seem to move and was above the docklands. (my mistake it was above the gherkin building)After watching for a while I decided to capture on my phone and post here as a possible ufo. It was above the docklands in the east so can't be Venus as that would be in the west. I have checked the skies where I live 70 miles away and can't see any stars that would fit the bill. Could it be a plane ?well it seems too far off and doesn't seem to move. Anybody else see it 20 mins ago in a report about the euro. This was the highlight of the report lol.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Mars and Saturn are both conspicuous in the southern sky at the moment. I'm not sure where the reporter is standing, so I'm not sure which it is.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't know London but why can't it be facing west?
map

Could it be a light on a crane?

[edit on 5/10/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by tarifa37

Mars and Saturn are both conspicuous in the southern sky at the moment. I'm not sure where the reporter is standing, so I'm not sure which it is.

I think he is standing on the west side of the Thames with the docklands on the east side behind him so the sky is approximately in the east. I have gone outside and it is quite a clear night I can't see any large stars or planets like that. That really is quite a large object. I thought it must be a plane so watched for a while before realising it wasn't moving then I decided to get it on film.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I just checked the rest of the sky and i cant see any large stars or planets. Could it be a crane ? maybe However , I would have thought it would have to be at least 800ft high as those buildings are close to the river so it must be in line or behind the other tall canary wharf buildings which are about 800ft high.

There is bound to be a simple answer and very down to earth I am sure ,but at the moment I not sure what it is so by definition its still a ufo

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
He's Robert Peston, the BBC Finacial Editor. Don't know what the light is though.

EDIT: I'll watch it again on iPlayer when it's uploaded.

WG3

[edit on 10-5-2010 by waveguide3]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

After watching a few more times I think it could be a crane on top of a lower building, but that is just a guess. Of course I know that the simplest answer is usually the correct one.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I recognise St Mary's axe (the gherkin) and the natwest tower - which is the tallest building in the city of london.

The footage is taken from southbank and the red light is a crane - you can see this on google maps. Although Google maps didn't get to take pics at the tate gallery and the millennium bridge (aka the wobbly bridge) where the footage was probably taken- popular with film/news crews - I used to work at the old mutual building on the other side of the bridge and there's easy access there for the SUV's and trucks of the news guys.

Which is to the west about 200m of this google maps location.

google maps link

To me, it sure looks like a crane light.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Magzoid]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
He's Robert Peston, the BBC Finacial Editor. Don't know what the light is though.

EDIT: I'll watch it again on iPlayer when it's uploaded.

WG3

[edit on 10-5-2010 by waveguide3]

Good idea, I was watching on my sony bravia 40" lcd screen and could not see any structure under the light but then I was thinking more of incoming plane than crane. The fact that it seems not to be moving is leaning me towards a probable crane light but on the other hand its so high up and all on its own. But then the night sky can be very deceptive especially through a camera onto a tv screen.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The light in question looks like it's over the Gherkin building. The building in front of that is one of the banks on the north bank of the river. Peston (the annoying twat) is standing on a building near the south bank centre (well, about quater of a mile to the east of it.

I've just checked on Google streetview, standing on King William Bridge (which gives the best view) and to the left you can see the building right next to the river.

So the camera is looking north northwest.

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

Thanks I thought Iwas looking at the docklands but now you mention it that does look like the Gherkin.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magzoid
I recognise St Mary's axe (the gherkin) and the natwest tower - which is the tallest building in the city of london.

The footage is taken from southbank and the red light is a crane - you can see this on google maps. Although Google maps didn't get to take pics at the tate gallery and the millennium bridge (aka the wobbly bridge) where the footage was probably taken- popular with film/news crews - I used to work at the old mutual building on the other side of the bridge and there's easy access there for the SUV's and trucks of the news guys.

Which is to the west about 200m of this google maps location.

google maps link

To me, it sure looks like a crane light.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Magzoid]

Thanks I think you have solved it. Have a cigar
. Here is the daytime shot.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Definitely the Gherkin. See above image. Is there any way to embed images that haven't been uploaded to ATS? There used to be.

Ut least we know there is NO way the camera is looking west

Edit to add: Problem solved. Cool!

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Karilla]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
not a UFO but it certainly doesn't absolve the fact that UFO's visit london from time to time.

A STUDENT was left shocked when she checked her tourist snaps of the London skyline - and spotted what looks like a flying saucer. University Of Exeter academic Karolina-Slavka Mueller was in London for the weekend, when she took some shots with her camera phone of the sights. But when she looked back at the January 19 night time pictures of Tower Bridge and the London Eye, she was shocked to see an apparent UFO. And experts claim it is the real thing.

Source and Pics

peace.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Magzoid

Hate to be the one that breaks this to you but that was a reflection of a Mini's speedo clock. It was discussed at some length here on ATS www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I posted about a similar thing I saw on the ITV news a while back.

It was a big ball of light and yes, it turned out to be a crane near St Pauls, all I was seeing was the safety light which of course is meant to be big and bright.

I think you'll find it's the same thing but nice spot anyway.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Thanks for your comment. I too was caught out but when you see these things its always better to film and then discuss and maybe debunk rather than not film at all and potentially miss something.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I don't know London but why can't it be facing west?
map

Could it be a light on a crane?

[edit on 5/10/2010 by Phage]

definately a light on a crane. last year when I was walking down the southbank in London seeing the exact same thing trying to convince my girlfriend there was a UFO, she said it was a light on a crane, which it was. i felt stupid

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magzoid
not a UFO but it certainly doesn't absolve the fact that UFO's visit london from time to time.

A STUDENT was left shocked when she checked her tourist snaps of the London skyline - and spotted what looks like a flying saucer. University Of Exeter academic Karolina-Slavka Mueller was in London for the weekend, when she took some shots with her camera phone of the sights. But when she looked back at the January 19 night time pictures of Tower Bridge and the London Eye, she was shocked to see an apparent UFO. And experts claim it is the real thing.

Source and Pics

peace.

FYI, if this wasnt solved it would be a UFO..YES..as a UFO is ONLY
a : Unidentyfied Flying Object..Get it..No?? Google then..

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
definatly just a light on a tall structure as to warn helicopters.
although they usually flash, don't they?
no ufo seen here as i don't think it's flying, just a u-o then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join