It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To christians.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

The fundamentalist religious leaders of his day killed Jesus and I don't see how things could have changed in our day.
We should never look to the powerful for guidance.
Jesus was meek and mild and did not even own a home.
Grasping for power by people in government, both sacred and civil, should be an indication of how they are not to be trusted.
Armageddon is the war of God, who will set things right, not a man standing in the temple, who we are warned against.

BTW: once Obama's pick for Supreme court justice is confirmed, there will be three Jews, and the rest Catholic. No Protestants.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

Wow, do you really expect any Christian to respond to your OP when it's a blatant Appeal to Ridicule fallacy??

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Not a bad remix. The version sung by Axel Rose at the end of "Interview with the Vampire" was really bad, but the original Rolling Stones version is the best.
As for the video, I find it albophobic. The white male really comes across as a nerd or some ugly corrupt tycoon. He's a totally uncool race and persona in this video, although a white band wrote the song.
Come to think of it, it's full of black stereotypes too, they may be pimps or lotharios, but at least they're smooth.
No, this is akin to cultural theft (but then again the Stones probably stole the blues as well).
As for religion - it sings about what Christians imagine the devil to be, so why should they mind it?
A song about the devil and not a gay man in sight - really, what's the world coming to with such rampant heterosexism? At least Mick Jagger's swagger even got the boys all nervous during the late 1960s, and it wasn't all about pimps and hos.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

BTW: once Obama's pick for Supreme court justice is confirmed, there will be three Jews, and the rest Catholic. No Protestants.

Is that something that you are pleased with or something that you are concerned about?

Eric

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theone2000
I want to know from the fundamentalist fascist Christian.

I'll bite. I'm assuming, based on following posts, that a fascist Christian is one who believes in the Bible regardless of what the current culture tells them to believe.

If that is the case, then, yeah, I'm a fundamentalist fascist Christian. I believe the Bible is the Word of God, I believe it was divinely inspired, and I believe, as the Bible says, that God allows our leaders to come to power to perform His will, though that will is very often far more long term than anything we could fathom. (Example: Babylon conquering and holding Israel for over 100 years. Though Babylon spat in the face of God, God was using them to refine Israel into the nation it would become.)

Does that mean I agree with our leaders? Nope, just as Elisha disagreed with Ahab's worship of Ba'al. But then that's not the question...

Would I ban the Stones because they sing a fairly Biblically accurate song from the viewpoint of the Devil? Nope. Would they? Yep, they would, after someone got killed by the Hell's Angels during one of their concerts while singing it.

Would I judge you based on your music? Depends on what you mean by judge. Would I assume you're going to Hell? Nope. To quote the Bible, all fall short of the glory of God, and our own hope of salvation it Christ. If I find something you listen to to be offensive, it may simply be that you haven't found God in that way yet, or it may be that I'm the weaker God-follower as described (again) in the Bible who finds offense at what is not sin.

So listen to your Stones. Enjoy. Heck, I'm not even a Cat Stevens demanding the death of Salmon Rushdie for writing the Satanic Verses. It is God's right to judge a man's heart, not mine.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

It kind of reinforces the claim by the OP, in my opinion.
The supreme court is developing into the equivalent, in the civil world, to what the antichrist is in the religious world.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
The people in high places are free masonic 33rd degree satan worshippers.

peace.

and of course you have proof of this claim...

This is as dubious as the claim OP is making.

To the OP: Wiccan here...even I find what you are doing here kind or rude and trollish...seems to me you are just looking to stir the old Christian pot

However...no it shouldn't be banned. Sorry, I'm not too concerned that you only wanted to troll to the Christians...Self restraint is something people in EVERY religion and even Atheists lack. If you don’t like a song…don’t listen

Either way this is a pretty messed up thread

-Kyo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join