It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Deems Student’s American Flag Drawing ‘Offensive’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It is all an irrelevance . Who would care if a teacher in england reprimanded a child for drawing the spout of a teapot in an irregular fashion or that they should have drawn it at all. You attach too much importance to banal trivialities with this constant flag this and that dreary continual whining.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Nobody here can SHOW THE DRAWING THE GIRL MADE.

Show me the flag made with little dots.

I can not even comprehend HOW YOU PEOPLE think the flag in the video is the one she drew.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Discuss the topic on hand, not each other. Please Refrain from Circumventing the Automatic Censors. Please do not Compound Quotes, Use the Reply to Feature. Stop with the personal Attacks.

Civility and Decorum are Required

Terms and Conditions of Use

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Are we now living in bizaro world? I find this teacher offensive to our childrens future, can we send her somewhere? I hope that schools board of directers phones, faxes and emails are flooded enough to cause a meltdown of their servers. Sadly things like this seem to be the norm these days.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Got a thread going on here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Actually this thread was posted first.
So whats a mod to do?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Portugoal

Actually this thread was posted first.
So whats a mod to do?

Same topic, different board
Is that not allowed?
Don't want to derail this thread but I thought that the other one has a little more discussion going on right now that's why I posted the link.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is no teacher....this is simply a person who got their degree and met the requirements to work for a school district. As we all know, it takes more then just being qualified on paper to be a TEACHER.

There now my opinion is in BOTH threads...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

I can not even comprehend HOW YOU PEOPLE think the flag in the video is the one she drew.

Here you go...here is the offensive drawing....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c28def12d5a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
You guys are buying this media push hook, line and sinker.

Look at the boards the last week. At least, at least a dozen or more sizable threads about "anti-american" acts.

You don't see the tie in with the Arizona bill at all?

Come on, you are feeding the media trolls. In a few weeks all these offensive, un-nationalistic stories are bound to disappear.

We all know mass media is corrupt, predetermined and strategically placed, and with the large increase in the type of people who would visit this and other sites of this nature, to take stories out of context, that may or may not even be true...playing right into their hands.

Please, think about it. Look at the posts this past week. Calm down folks, calm down. Over exaggerated stories targeted at a group who are already on alert for these types of stories get the links and the fan base.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

THE HORROR!

I find it fairly reprehensible a child gets into trouble and then is not even told what she did wrong. Especially for something like this where it sure as hell isn't obvious.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

The school and teacher acknowledge the incident....there is NO motive by Fox news...only a motive by a piss poor teacher who obviously sucks at her job and didn't TEACH anyone anything in that classroom except that ART is limited to what SHE approves....

the only tie into the recent topics on the news (i.e. ILLEGAL immigration) would be from this teacher...considering, AT NO TIME, should a student EVER be WRONG when drawing the American Flag for Art class...ESPECIALLY when said student is only 13.....

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The last part, [in bold] I did not hear mentioned:

...Mike Brusa, the superintendent of schools, told FOX in a written statement that he had contacted the principal and that the issue “was taken care of to their (the parent’s) satisfaction.”

“The school administration and the parents did not view this as significant enough to bring it to the superintendent’s office,” he wrote.

However, Hathaway said her daughter has yet to receive an apology – and in fact – the teacher told the girl that she should not have gotten her parents involved in the matter.

*Really bad judgment on the part of the teacher*

[edit on 11-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
reply to post by FrostForests

The school and teacher acknowledge the incident....there is NO motive by Fox news...only a motive by a piss poor teacher who obviously sucks at her job and didn't TEACH anyone anything in that classroom except that ART is limited to what SHE approves....

the only tie into the recent topics on the news (i.e. ILLEGAL immigration) would be from this teacher...considering, AT NO TIME, should a student EVER be WRONG when drawing the American Flag for Art class...ESPECIALLY when said student is only 13.....

Welcome to the modern world of teachers and professors. This is not uncommon at all. This stuff happens every single day, multiple times a day. Parents are called into the class because little Johnny was influenced to think something outside the classroom that is not appropriate for the PC view the classroom and teacher must universally protect.

That said, my point still stands. This story is only in the media due to the recent other stories that hit on the same heart strings of Americans.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Just to add:

This happened in the same city/area (Morgan Hill area) where the 5 students were sent home for wearing the flag t-shirts on Cinco de Mayo...

Interesting coincidence, no?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Just to add:
This happened in the same city/area (Morgan Hill area) where the 5 students were sent home for wearing the flag t-shirts on Cinco de Mayo...

Interesting coincidence, no?

I used to wear nothing but a flag thong to school. Then one day I got mad when I found out I had it on backwards, Then I got really really mad because nobody noticed.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Was this at Morgan Hill?

Pre-cell phone era, right?

Phew...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Here you go...here is the offensive drawing....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c28def12d5a.jpg[/atsimg]

Don't you get it? That's not the drawing the girl made. That's what they are using on the news to "represent" what the girl drew...

"Only hers with little dots"

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The image is strangely cropped on the bottom half:

It reads:

God Bless America

God Bless [cropped]

How much do you wanna bet that God was "blessing" something more in the second phrase? It's fun, just like Mad Libs!

I guarantee that there is something being left out of this story.

<< 1   >>

join