It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Deems Student’s American Flag Drawing ‘Offensive’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The B.S. continues every day.
When will americans stand up and say enough is enough?
If being a proud american is so bad why to people keep coming here.

www.breitbart.tv...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I trust absolutely nothing from Fox. Was the teacher against the drawing of the flag or the word, God?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Could you please give a brief synopsis? My interwebs are being a bit strange today. By strange I mean incredibly slow and unable to load video. RAWR.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This teacher, and any administration that supports it should be canned, asap. This is a flat out illegal act of suppression of freedom of speech.

I smell a lawsuit.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
A 13 yr. old girl drew the picture and the teacher told her it was offensive.
The teacher went to a meeting with the principle and the parents and would not explain what was offensive.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
I trust absolutely nothing from Fox. Was the teacher against the drawing of the flag or the word, God?

The teacher didn't have any excuse.

Its one thing not to trust commentary and another to say you don't trust the words coming out of a 13 year old while she is being interviewed.

Don't let your biased feelings keep you from learning something.

2 incidents in California and 1 in Texas within a week. America is under attack and we are going to be defeated without a shot sounding.

Hopefully some of you will start growing back bones and stand up for your country before its to late.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is just ridiculous, i mean c'mon, a teacher teaching in an American school most likely has an American flag right there in the classroom..I just don't get it anymore...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

True enough, but the girl said she was not told why it was offensive. That is a problem. She should have been told what was wrong with her picture. I think there is nothing wrong with either the flag or the wording, but it would not surprise me if a teacher wigged out over the word, God

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The 'god' argument holds about as much water as a screen door.

you do realize that it is required that students in american schools say the pledge of allegiance, right? You do realize that the pledge says 'one nation, under GOD', right?

Calling pure BS on that one.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Even if the teacher was offended it was not their place to demonstrate their OPINION in class. A teacher of young children are there to teach the curriculum not express their political or ideological opinions!

CAN THE TEACHER!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yup, but I also know that some people are idiots, against religion. It would not surprise me if that is the teacher's argument.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Yup, but I also know that some people are idiots, against religion. It would not surprise me if that is the teacher's argument.

1)that certainly doesnt make it a valid argument
2)Unless this teacher petitions to get the pledge out of her class, she has no right to complain about this either.
3)The teacher is flat out wrong, no matter how you try and shape it.

eta: being against religion in no way makes one an idiot. There are just as many idiotic religious people out there, if not more

[edit on 10-5-2010 by captaintyinknots]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I agree with you. I am not defending the teacher. Being upset about the picture, whether because of the flag or the wording, is incredibly stupid.

No argument there.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Maybe it WAS offensive.

Maybe she colored the flag different colors. Maybe her horizontal lines were jagged and her verticals were crooked. Maybe she messed up the stars, not having enough or having too many... or replaced them with hearts. Perhaps her dimensions were off.

Maybe, just maybe, if you showed her drawing to a soldier on the front lines of any major war, she would be slit from ear to ear.

Maybe it was offensive.

OH #ING WELL. BIG DEAL. AN ADULT DIDN'T CODDLE HER AND TELL HER THAT HER UGLY # DRAWING WAS NICE.

1)I want some of what you are smoking.
2)poor artwork is not offensive. And no, nothing was changed as far as color or symbol.
3)If thats how our soldiers would react to the children of america supporting america, things are worse than I thought(and obviously they wouldnt react like this, you are sensationsalizing.)
4)Perhaps your message was offensive to me and should be banned.
5)A teacher is not there to admonish a child for having pride in their country. This person should not be allowed around children.

Ahhh I love the new american attitude....

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Nice!
This same teacher praised another student's drawing of Obama though. Go figure... Obama supporter, taking offense with the American flag. WTF is public education coming to? Makes me think about those school kids singing songs celebrating Obama - Mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmm!

My kid will NEVER see the inside of a public school. I've no use for "Progressive" indoctrination!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The battle over the American flag has reached a middle school art class in California’s Santa Rita School District where a student was told not to draw Old Glory because it was “offensive,” but another student — in the same class – was praised for drawing a picture of President Obama.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What's the problem folks? This isn't a new phenomenon anymore. This is the standard operating procedure in modern day America. The rules are simple:

1. No referring to God*
2. No being patriotic**
3. no offending anyone EVER***
4. English cannot be made or considered a national language of requirement, but Spanish CAN be a Mandatory second language
5. Making money and being responsible for oneself is selfish and evil
6. Depending on the government and allowing them to serve as Robin Hood is Noble.

* Unless its Allah
**unless its towards another country
***except Christians, whites, white men, or conservatives

We just keep bending over and taking it in the pooper. Do we deserve to keep the awesome gift secured and passed down from our fathers? It sure seems like we don't.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join