It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how to fix the oil spill hole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
so they want to plug the hjole with garbage? are you kidding me? they pay these engineers and scinetists millions of dollars and thats the best idea they could come up with?
anyway, i was pretty high last night and bored, so i came up with this.
it is a device taht would be lowered intot he hole, when closed, like an umbrella. once it hits the reservior and the pressure is reduced, open it up, also like an umbrella, and allow it to rise and plus the hole from the inside/underneath. the tube in the middle could still extract oil, and the circular shape would disperse the pressure as evenly as possible. im sure it would take a while to build it, but theat oil comapny must be losing millions of dollars a day, so wahtever. anyway, heres some incredibly poorly drawn pictures to give you an idea of what im talking about.
enjoy!
yfrog.com... device as it would look closed, narrow so it could easily get into hole that exploding with pressure, like a drill bit almost.
yfrog.com... here it is when its opened up, liek it would be once its in place underneath the hole.
yfrog.com... heres waht i imagine the hole looks like, ocean and oil reserver and stuff.
yfrog.com... going into hole, still closed and ergonomic/aerodynamic or whatever
yfrog.com... in the hole, before it opens, pressure reduced and ready to plug hole
yfrog.com... opened up, support arms to keep it steady, pressure less than plugging hole liek cork. also, tube for getting oil right in middle.
feel free to tell me how my idea is terrible and how bad i am at drawing, i thought i had a pic of it in place opened up underneath, but i think i forgot to upload it at home earlier. anyway, cant be much worse than plugging the hole with garbage.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
they are saying they can't get anything near the hole at all because the pressure spewing is so intense; nothing can plug it.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hi! Great idea. Maybe a missle drone could shoot the umbrella object into the hole. The oil spill makes me feel really angry and sad. I pray for a miracle.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i like it.
second line to avoid geting yelled at.

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

I have seen that method presented as a way of plugging relatively small holes in boats, but it wouldn't work in this case.

From what I have the other day on the news, there's a tube coming out of the oil "reservoir", and that tube was broken in the accident, leaving three holes in the tube, so it's even harder than if it was only a hole in the ground.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just pile rocks on it. A mountain of rocks.

Sure, they lose the well. But it would stop the leak.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They are going to put a sort of giant funnel on top of the leak then another then another and connect that with a tube. I saw it on the NEWS today. Can't remember which station it was because I have AFN (armed forces network) so the news comes from different places.

Even if they do this I dunno what they are going to do with the oil LOL

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
simple if the pipe is able to withzeand the pressures presant(ly) there.

thraed an inflatable tube down the pipe far as is possible inflate and finished.

pump in epoxy cement increadable stuff.

drop that missing black hole there from the LHG

omg haha maybe thid is the black hole! haha

sorry

top topics

join