It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO new release

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

UFO new release

www.youtube.com

Toronto, Canada - early May 2010 - little too good to be true, so it's probably CGI??

Description link: www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...

---------------------------------
source: wHknPcvUkqM + zoom and other effects by me
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just seen this on youtube, what are you thoughts.. looks like CGI but I am no expect.. best to put it in the place where I will find the answer. I does seem too good to be true in my eyes, it seems as though the ship seems to go through the clouds pretty well. But in today's age it would be hard to call, as CGI is becoming better and better...

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I am inclined to think "fake" for these reasons:

At 0:42 seconds notice how the video "jumps" as it goes to 0:43 seconds, like the recording was stopped and started again.

Two other things bother me:

* If the cylinder darted off to the left with such speed, how is it that the camera operator knew to look left and not all around for the object? Between the time the object sped off there wasn't even a second that passed before the camera operator looked right at the area where the cylinder was re-positioned;

* The lack of sound in the video. Something moving that fast AND leaving a contrail would make some sort of raquet, or so you would think. Seems like there would be a sonic boom as well as the thing looked to be moving well past the speed of sound.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by sos37]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Interesting video. It seems a bit fake the way it disappears in the cloud and comes back out. I thought it came out the other cloud at first...

I'd be interested what Phage has to say about it. Also, is youtube considered a news source now?

good find sir.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hmm, i really dont know, when i watch it the first time, i thought it was fake, but when i watched it the second time: I wasn't sure

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I thought ufos dont make sounds?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
the way it vanishes into the second cloud looks very dodgy to me.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
i also thought that ufos would be fairly silent as they seem to not want to be dected but this is too good to be true so i think fake.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It doesn't look right to me. Firstly, clouds are not so solid and opaque. I regularly watch planes fly through cloud from my 12th floor window and it doesn't look like that. It also doesn't seem to enter the cloud in the right place, if that makes sense. From the shape of the cloud, the section it disappears into doesn't seem to be far enough in front of the cloud behind.

Then there is the camera movement, as mentioned by a poster above. There is almost no lag between the object moving and the camera following it. Not even an experienced F1 camera-man would be that quick, without prior knowledge of what he is filiming (i.e.: knowing how fast the object was likely to move) and the cameraman re-aquires the object almost instantly.

Thirdly, the object appears in full for one frame after it has gone through the first cloud. It just doesn't look real.

I'm no sceptic but I'm calling fake.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

The UFO itself can be very silent, but the laws of physics will still generate a sonic boom.

When an object passes through the air, it creates a series of pressure waves in front of it and behind it, similar to the bow and stern waves created by a boat. These waves travel at the speed of sound, and as the speed of the object increases, the waves are forced together, or compressed, because they cannot "get out of the way" of each other, eventually merging into a single shock wave at the speed of sound.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have never seen a UFO report, even one where the object was moving at unbelievable speeds, that ever mentioned a sonic boom.

I have seen planes disappear into cloud banks, so nothing unusual about that.

I do not think there is enough information to call Hoax or not... at this point.

The video needs analysis by someone who is sharp enough to detect tampering.

Still a UFO

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What the ufo is doing or even looks like isn't even important here imo. The camera operator gives it away as fake, as others have said, zooms in/out just at the right time, pans left perfectly, sorry looks cool though.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It's CGI - well done CGI, but still not 100% realistic. It looks just a bit too uncanny to be real. There's an uncanny valley for objects as well as for depictions of humans, whether as CGI figures or robots, etc. This object is still inside that valley, like even most things I see in top movies. I am almost never fooled.

[edit on 5/10/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Good cgi, I think. The way it moves is not right. It's too smooth, somehow. I'm not sure how else to describe it. There is also something about it entering the first cloud which looks wrong.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There is no noise, yet it "leaves behind" a fairly normal vapour trail of some kind, either exhaust or an interaction of some kind with the air. So it has to be something of a solid nature without a sonic reaction. Doesn't make much sense whe you consider the apparant change of speed.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's well staged for sure. We get not one disappearing act but two, nicely captured in focus and slowmo. That's despite the intervening zip from frame - but the camera knows exactly where to find it again. Using any of the 3D renderers around today, (Maya, LightWave, etc.) this is pretty simple to fake.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, I think there's another CGI hoax with saucers instead in the exact same surroundings floating around on Youtube somewhere - same houses and yard, etc.

top topics

join