It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over reality television 'virgin auction'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This is sick. Seriously, this is civilization in decline... What is the mindset of someone who would actually watch this show?

The contestants might be selling sex but it's the producers that are the whores.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

If prostitution is legal in Australia then why did he have to move the auction from Australia to Nevada ?

Prostitution is decriminalized in Australia (except for Tasmania I think) - the reason it would be moving is because the show 'or the producer' is taking a cut off the auction money, and/or they making money from the service that the girl provides. There is a law here which says that you cannot 'live of the earnings of a prostitute' which means someone would be charged. So they must have had to move it overseas where the laws are compatible so they can do the show.

Smigs

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Is prostitution legal in Australia? Because that is what it is.

Pretty sad!

Why is it sad?

Why is it sad to sell something that is perfectly legal to give away for free?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

How do you actually know the person is a virgin? I'm pretty sure that at least 99% of the folks who would do this are also quite comfortable lying.

Apparently it's not that difficult to do:

Health Controversy: The Kit That Helps Women Fake Virginity

Edit to add: I hear this is all the rage in Egypt /sarcasm

[edit on 5/10/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Smiggle

Thanks

So basically prostitution is legal there and there are also laws in place to protect them from being exploited by pimps. I hope I'm understanding that correctly.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Can you post a link where i can register to make a bid?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

ROTFLMAO

I can't believe they actually invented something like that, or that people actually buy and use it.

I would think though that in the case of a television show like this the virgins would have to be examined by a doctor to prove their claim of being a virgin. Although I don't know how they'd check the males for virginity

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is exactly where I predicted years ago that "reality" programming would take us.

How long before we barter for human rights and body parts?

OK, so if we can get 1,000 ATS members to bid $20.00 each, where does that get us?

Can we exchange points for dollars?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

So basically prostitution is legal there and there are also laws in place to protect them from being exploited by pimps. I hope I'm understanding that correctly.

That is correct.
Prostitution is legal in Australia, but it is also very strictly controlled to protect everyone involved.
While the whole thing is definitely not my scene, it is going to go on regardless.

So it makes it much easier to weed out all the pimps, underage girls, illegal immigrants, and the very worst elements of the sex trade.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I wonder what the "technical" term for part time prostitution is ?

Substitute ?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Ladies and Gentlement welcome to America's favorite new reality TV show:

Cherry-ity Auction House!!!!

Eighteen contestants have been selected to bid on the possession of a lovely woman who somehow never has had sexual relations with a man.

Contestants will only be able to see her from behind a curtain, as to hide her more than likely hideously unattractive appearance and probable piss-poor, irrational and overly aggressive personality.

Winners will have the chance to have sexual relations with a woman who knows nothing about bed room etiquette or possesses the adequate skills to make the experience exciting and memorable.

Contestants will be....starting....... Right after these commercial breaks.

NEW from KFC. The Quadruple Double Down. Thats right folks, you asked for it. Four pieces of chicken, with cheese and bacon sandwiched between each piece, covered with a horse-radish ranch mayonaise and topped off with a whole wheat bun.
Warning: Kentucky fried "chicken" is not responsible for any ill effects of the Quadruple Double Down(tm.) If allergic to peanut oil, eggs or human growth hormone please consume at your own risk. If you experience pain or numbness while eating the KFC Quadruple Double Down(tm) please refrain from eating and call of a physician

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Well this just says it all....
"Technically I'm selling my virginity for money, technically that would be classified as prostitution, but it's not going to be a regular thing, so in my head I can justify that I'm not going to be a prostitute," she told the paper.

Priceless!
and one more for good luck

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
Why is it sad to sell something that is perfectly legal to give away for free?

You've been here for some months, you should know that people here overreact all the time over simple things, cry that the end is near, cry that humanity is sick just because they have a different view and think only their own sick, mostly religious-based view is the right and perfect one.

Just like someone said on page 1: Prostitution has been around forever, it's nothing new, it's nothing bad, there's nothing wrong with it and as most if not all so called reality shows are completely fake and scripted i wouldn't lose my mind over it.
But like i said, people here overreact all the time

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Dear dolphinfan

It would seam that you are taking this as something new.

Well it is not it is really as old as the hills.

Geisha were always auctioned off for there cherry.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Remember the movies "Running Man and Death Race", I fear this is what is lying in the future for our entertainment. Some people would love to see a real live version of these movies.

These girls made a choice so its up to them.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Has no one one on ATS watched "Memoroirs of a Geisha"??? How can everyone be this apalled? I have sat at a table in a bar in my town of 1500 people ___yes in the USA___ and watched the shenanigans to "get" the target to the highest bidder.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I wonder what the "technical" term for part time prostitution is ?

Part time "sex worker".
And you work as a professional in the sex industry.

That s how you would reply if someone asks you what you do for a living.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It's only a matter of time before someone appears on TV and offers to sell their soul for the right price. Sign of the times. The worlds lost its moral compass.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
It's a stupid idea, but the even stupider part is I don't doubt many people on ATS will rush to the idea's defence stating that "it's their choice" and "their bodies, they can do what they want" and all this liberal BS. Sure, it is their bodies, but it doesn't make it right.

Sooo... You know better and we should lock them up, make it illegal, convict them of a crime, incarcerate them, smack their bums or...

I mean, how dare people do what they want with their own bodies.

Damn free thinking liberals...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join