It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found??????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Any thoughts?

I always heard it was in this area....

www.thelocal.de...

Could be the real deal....

/:/:/:/:/:/

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HighDefinitionFilms

Will there ever be a discovery of 'sunken islands' or underwater volcanic mountains without someone screaming "Atlantis!"?

These discoveries are very common and I see nothing special about this one (in relation to Atlantis anyways).

Also, Atlantis makes no reference to volcanic mountainous regions in the folklore (that I know of) so another nail in this particular coffin.

It's a great discovery all the same, cheers

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't know but I'll always believe the truth to ancient civilizations lies in Antarctica. There is something lying under that ice that will shed enormous info on the history of mankind.

The average ice thickness in antarctica is 6000 feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We just now are starting to really explore this continent. Can only imagine what lies beneath. Or will we ever be told?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That would seem to be interesting findings, but with no evidence of human/intelligent being manipulation, at least to this point, that would to be a premature conclusion.

However, more evidence could change the circumstances substantially.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
have you been watching David Wilcock lately
..he suggested something very similar in his latest movie..I'm not a fan but i keep an open mind. Apparently they already found pyramids and what not there and assumed it was Atlantis...but they didn't make it known to the public.

I wonder if this has something to do with that exact place.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
I don't know but I'll always believe the truth to ancient civilizations lies in Antarctica. There is something lying under that ice that will shed enormous info on the history of mankind.

The average ice thickness in antarctica is 6000 feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We just now are starting to really explore this continent. Can only imagine what lies beneath. Or will we ever be told?

I've always thought along these lines too.

Woody

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
does anyone know the original mention of atlantis, where the idea came from whether it was written in ancient text or just in a really old sci-fi book.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Atlantis was first mentioned in Plato's dialogues Timaeus and Critias - Wiki

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I watched a very good documentary about a British cartographer Jim Allen who made a convincing case for Atlantis being in South America.

Atlantis in the Andes

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There have been a lot of guesses on Atlantis. The last one I read about was Dogger Bank in the North Sea. A sunken island between England and Norway.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I believe perhaps or perhaps not Atlantis existed, but anything that existed so long ago has long been eaten into the mantle of the earth. Sorry

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't think this is a very good candidate for Atlantis. This is from your link:

As a result of their findings, the scientists believe that the submarine mountains, whose summits now top out at between 800 and 1,000 metres below the surface, were volcanic islands in the Caribbean Sea some 40 to 50 million years ago.

At those depths these islands would have been covered by a similar amount of water to now. If I remember rightly Atlantis was supposed to have sunk 9,000 years ago? Well, according to this seal levels would have only been some 30 metres lower than they are now (15mm x 2000 years).

The ice volume approached their maximum values 30,000 calendar years ago. The lead up to the LGM was dramatic, with sea levels dropping 50 meters in about 1,000 years (that's about 2.5 inches a year). Those levels remained constant or nearly so until 19,000 years ago. After that period, the sea level rose about 15 mm per year until 9000 years ago. Modern sea levels were reached approximately 7,000 years ago.

Source

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
David Wilcock's new video shows a Pyramid in a sunken city off the coast of Cuba. He says the city could have only been above sea level over 10,000 yrs. ago. Even though it wasn't located in Atlantis, it probably was an Atlantean city, with Pyramids and Sphinxs.

www.youtube.com... Look at 51:00 - to see pyramid info. 54:00 to see actual photo.

If you want to see a map of Earth showing Atlantis and Lemuria, check Sheldan Nidles DVD "Journey To Joy". It's quite interesting.
www.paoweb.com...

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Sargoth]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I was wrong, Nidle's map shows Cuba was part of Atlantis. I hope he puts his map on youtube soon.

new topics

top topics

join