It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blueberry Children (child labor in the U.S.A.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

Walmart, the world's largest retailer, is embroiled in a child labour scandal in the United States, after children as young as five were found working on a farm that supplies blueberries to the company. The revelations came as federal authorities said spot checks on farms in the state of Michigan found that more than half were violating child labour or migrant housing rules. Human rights groups have stepped up their calls for a clampdown on agricultural businesses, where they say children are routinely exploited. Poor families put their children to work to make ends meet, while agriculture bosses, struggling to meet supermarkets' relentless demands for lower-priced goods, are turning a blind eye, campaigners say.

abcnews.go.com...
These kids should be in school . The farm owners should be in jail. The people whose job it is to make sure this is not happening need to be fired.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by bluemooone2] Edit to fix Title LOL

[edit on 10-5-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
this wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting a new type of "indigo" child. Blueberry.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
this wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting a new type of "indigo" child. Blueberry.

Yes, me too, i was thinking in some kind of joke, now i cant

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

The agri sector has some deep dark holes. There are people labouring under slavery type conditions in Canada at these jobs.

The farms themselves have to bear the responsibility for what they are doing.

[edit on 2010/5/10 by Aeons]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
OK , Ive fixed the title . God , i would gladly pay 50 cents more for for a quart of blueberries if these people are paid a fair wage and children are allowed to have a childhood that doesn't suck.

new topics

top topics

join