It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Satellite Images Reveal... Atlantis?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   

The average person alive today has a far greater breadth of knowledge on all subjects, than ancient people.

If I were to place a modern man and an ancestor in a forest. Which one have the best chance of survival? Knowledge is relative. The greatest mind of all can still learn from a baby. Were not smarter, just adapted to our society.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiriss
If I were to place a modern man and an ancestor in a forest. Which one have the best chance of survival? Knowledge is relative. The greatest mind of all can still learn from a baby. Were not smarter, just adapted to our society.

Here Here! The same conclusion is made when compariing modern 'civilised' people and contempoary Hunter Gathers such as the !Kung and Aboringines. They have intimidate knowledge of their living spacel; they know biology, geography, horticulture, astromony but its simply their own version. They have a dapted their knowledge to survive in their environment while we have our own set of knowledge to adapt to ours, i.e. how to drive a car.

One final example, modern civil engineers are still perplexed by some ancient construction techniques such as the Egyptians

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

If I were to place a modern man and an ancestor in a forest. Which one have the best chance of survival?

This argument is irrelevant. Given your definition of "smarts" a tiger is smarter than a human, insert "tiger" for the word "man" in the above sentence and you will see my point. Living off the land and fending off creatures with sticks and stones while trying to breed enough children so that you can have some help, is not my idea of greatness. Be that as it may, you are still missing the entire point, I was trying to make. You are however, giving proof to the idea of specialized classification. Not everyone in our society has intellect, nor do they have to have it to be productive.

Variable

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I thnk what a lot of you dont understand is what the word intelligence relly means. A man who can read s nt more intelligent than a man who cant, thats knowledge not intelligence. Intelligence simply stated is the abillity to learn and understand. We are NOT any smarter as a race than we were 2000, 5000, 10000, or even 50,000 years ago we have just obtained more knowledge.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join