It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for ATS members - Facebook or "Conspiracy" Book?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I know it gets confusing. This specific thread is about an alternative wholly separate ATS function which would have nothing to do with FaceBook, as well as some general FaceBook questions.

If you're an ATS member with a Facebook page, are you concerned? And if you are, have you ended or otherwise limited your Facebook involvement?

If you're an ATS member without a Facebook page, have these recent news articles and related information caused you to no longer consider using Facebook (if you ever did at all)?

So the question is, if we were to launch such a new site/service, would you use it. And if you did, would it cause you to abandon Facebook?

[Edit for clarity]

[edit on 5/10/2010 by yeahright]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I do have a facebook page and I post nothing there that I wouldn't be comfortable with someone on the street knowing. I actually use it for me and the ex to exchange pix of our son. Some days direct communication with her is too emotionally/spiritually draining, lol. I would join a "Tinbook" site in a heartbeat! I think most of us here are vehemently opposed to the kind of practices employed by facebook.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i vote for a tinbook, seperate from facebook. i know it would be extra work but i would use it more if it were a seperate thing.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
To be frank, FaceBook scares the hell out of me. I foresee problems with that site in the future, and I would stray from emulating it.

Waaaay too much info being exchanged with waaaay too many people.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have just cancelled my facebook account because of security concerns and because of the nature of my job.

I personally would welcome this from ATS

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I lve the idea of a conspiracy type place.

I killed my account in Facebook because of everything i heard.

So this is very welcome!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ha this makes me laugh, because as i type this i have another widow open. yes you got it right its facebook!!

Im glad i came across facebook, because i lost contact with so many people and now ive found them all. I don't think i would leave it for a social network here, as another poster pointed out - we all use nicknames but on FB we use our real names.

Its good to have some were to go and be yourself with out anyone knowing its you. And alot of my friends are not really into this sort of stuff, hence why i come here and talk to all of you

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
there is a feature you could add which would be a cool aid like FB a bit.

Could you guys create a feature that would U2U us when someone clicks reply to?
You could let the user arm or disarm it, etc...

I think this would make for a more fluid environment and indeed assist in the social nature of the site...

Otherwise, go for it, just make it an opt in kinda thing

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
No to Facebook. Yes to Tinbook. Thank you for asking us.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Hi there, im new, me too, i also have a facebook page but never use it, my kids made me get it. I think an ats version of facebook would be a brilliant idea.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Well it is a little confusing yes and I wasn't somehow trying to imply that there is a merger taking place, but for GEL to say that people are confused and not understanding this..... and that It's not about integration with FB, when the OP explicitly uses that exact terminology....is more than just confusing.

I was merely pointing out the...well.... not hypocrisy but mistake perhaps.

[edit on 10/5/10 by blupblup]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I have already withdrawn from facebook among other sites due to privacy.

I prefer ATS the way it is to be completely honest.

Id prefer a campfire and the whole lot of us singing songs rather than an additional facebook labelled, alternative etc Bwahahah
(Joking of course but please feel free to send me some marshmallows or a piece of barbecued meat on the end of a stick)

[edit on 10-5-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have to say NO to Facebook...I would go with the tinbook...I just dont trust Facebook to many cons vs the pros.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
SO,

To HELL with FB.

Bring on TinBook.

That would be epic, and yes it would cause me to let go of my FB.

I'm extremely concerned about the privacy issues surrounding FB, and I know that I would much rather enjoy a version of it geared towards us.

So go for it.

~Keeper

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have a facebook but i don't use it as often as i used to but i would certainly use the ATS version so Bring on Tinbook!!!!

OR!! as someone has already mentioned why not have....Face Top Secret (FTS)

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I for one, will not use facebook in any iteration.
The security aspects, let alone the invasive privacy policy should give anyone concerned with bugs, virus, identity theft, and spoofing cause to avoid it like the plague.

Just my dos pesos.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Social networks never really grew on me.
I have been a member of ATS for about a year, and in this time I have learned to respect and appreciate persons who dwell into this universe of conspiracies and try to make some sense of it, people who before joining this community I regarded more or less like 'crazies.'
I'm afraid that launching a Facebook clone would cheapen this community.

On the other hand I realize that this is an opportunity for this network to grow in popularity and an opportunity for you guys to increase revenue. This thought really warms my heart as I know that you invest a lot of time and effort into maintaining this community.

I would most likely not make use of ''TinBook,'' but whatever you decide upon, you have a vote of confidence from me.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well, as a none member of FaceBook the reason I stay away from that site is due to the same problems that now members are encounting privacy doesn't exist in the net. . .

Specially when now courts can use information from people posting in sites and using them to make cases.

I just served as a character witness to a young mother in a custody case, and to my surprise pictures taken and posted in Face book were part of the court case.

Young people today have not clue that the indiscretions they make in the net will come to hunt them later on, meaning is not such thing as privacy

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
NO to either one

Me personally I'm way too paranoid to be a fan or friend of ATS on FB, or any separate group either.

I'm barely comfortable posting here

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think it will destroy ats,
ATS will end up with more users with facebook links but what kind of user people or sheeple,Sheep just joining because johnny sent them a link at school,sheeple who buy the way are only interested in the ptb version of life and the new designer trainers,hoodie,
I think people who come to ats do so by choice by a inbuilt need to ask awkward questions about who we are were we are from people in a search of the truth.

Joining with face book will change ats for the worse" Imo", and it will have to be started again with a different name .com as droves will leave as threads are derailed or argueing takes completely over by people comeing to bait people ,also what happens if ats is took over hostile take over by google or some other greedy get like facebook ??
Keep ats how it is its the best as it is, my two bob

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join