It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Apollo pics, video and transcripts

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
Can you draw a highlight around the object you're pointing to, because I'm not seeing it.

Sure, I've actually already done it.

It's where I've labelled the 'what is this?'. Just follow the arrow.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dfda81a475e3.jpg[/atsimg]

Is that thin stick like object a spacesuit? No.

Is it human bone? Couldn't be, they'd be dead.

So what is it?

edit: It's a model and everyone knows a decent sized model needs to be anchored to the ground

edit on 6-10-2010 by ppk55 because: added that it's a model astronaut + spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
PPK, why are you so eager to insult and denigrate the achievements of a lot of good people who worked very hard to accomplish something very difficult, amazing and inspiring?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

I'm just posting anomalies like the 'stick' for a leg image above.
And the 'lens flare and sun' amazing match a few pages back, and the 'rover clamp' image even further back.

Anomalies, that's all, that I want answers to. Like, how can that 'stick' in the above pic represent an astronauts spacesuit. And what is that 'lump' it's attached to. I'm just trying to find answers to these interesting images.

What's wrong with that?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
double post, please delete

edit on 6-10-2010 by ppk55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55

Can you draw a highlight around the object you're pointing to, because I'm not seeing it.

Sure, I've actually already done it.

It's where I've labelled the 'what is this?'. Just follow the arrow.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dfda81a475e3.jpg[/atsimg]

Is that thin stick like object a spacesuit? No.

Is it human bone? Couldn't be, they'd be dead.

So what is it?

edit: It's a model and everyone knows a decent sized model needs to be anchored to the ground

edit on 6-10-2010 by ppk55 because: added that it's a model astronaut + spelling

You need to draw something around what you're talking about, because I don't see any "stick" anywhere near what the head of that arrow is pointing at. I see a leg and a rock, as I highlighted in my image.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Saint Exupery

I'm just posting anomalies like the 'stick' for a leg image above.
And the 'lens flare and sun' amazing match a few pages back, and the 'rover clamp' image even further back.

Anomalies, that's all, that I want answers to. Like, how can that 'stick' in the above pic represent an astronauts spacesuit. And what is that 'lump' it's attached to. I'm just trying to find answers to these interesting images.

What's wrong with that?

Then why do you keep rejecting the obvious answers when they are provided? You still seem to think that the lens flares on those two photographs are identical when it has been pointed out to you that they are merely similar. You are either willfully rejecting the truth in pursuit of an agenda, or have serious perceptual impairments. Honestly, I don't intend that as an insult; I assume it is the former, not the latter.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

I see an Astronaut, who (in the pose) was caught by the camera in mid-step, as he is lifting his right leg. A portion of his right leg (upper part) is obscured by the large boulder.

The camera, also whilst catching this "action shot", shows that some regolith had been picked (or kicked) up, and is falling back down. As a result of the flexing of the right knee, we see the bottom cuff of the EVA suit leg has risen a bit, exposing the top of the Lunar over-boot that was worn for the EVA excursions. The thinner area is the Astronaut's ankle, still INSIDE the spacesuit, of course. (The Apollo suits had multiple layers, only the inermost ---- just over the undergarments and bodysuit used for skin surface cooling ---- was pressurized). (**)

The apparent "thickness" of the spacesuit's lower leg portion, where it is raised slightly above the top of the boot (due to the bending at the knee) is because of the compartment pockets that were attached there.

(**)Really, I thought I'd already provided links, to the EVA suit design and construction. As well as a photo of another Astronaut, form another angle, showing the apparent narrowing at the ankle, in certain leg/ankle/knee position combinations......instead of throwing out these pointless "questions", it seems the answers are readily availibe just by researching the many sources of historical material on the topic.....

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You need to draw something around what you're talking about, because I don't see any "stick" anywhere near what the head of that arrow is pointing at.

Ok, here is a version with an arrow and a circle surrounding the 'what is this?' label.
Do you not see the astronauts pants getting cut off at 90 degrees? And do you not see a stick like object below that?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cd82106f38f.jpg[/atsimg]

I say the 'mound', 'blob' below is an anchor point for a decent sized model astronaut. It is supposed to resemble dust/regolith of an astronaut in motion. But it's not the case when you look closer.

Here is the wide shot, which looks quite convincing. (just don't zoom in ... oops we did, we zoomed in quite a bit)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/959b6d057729.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 6-10-2010 by ppk55 because: added stick like object + spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Apparently PPK has me on "ignore" (I assume). Five days ago I posted the evidence that it is NOT A "MODEL"!!! Ignored, it was ---- since I see PPK is still attempting to make that inference.

Could someone please show him the error of his ways?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Ok, here is a version with an arrow and a circle surrounding the 'what is this?' label.
Do you not see the astronauts pants getting cut off at 90 degrees? And do you not see a stick like object below that?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cd82106f38f.jpg[/atsimg]

I see the leg being obscured by what I believe to be a rock in front of it.

You can compare the backgrounds between AS17-140-21497 and AS17-140-21496 to see where the right edge of the leg ends.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You're not on ignore, you just need to explain to all of us why the astronaut's pants cut off sharply at 90 degrees and what the stick like object is in the picture below. It's very narrow. What could it be ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/858b60bc40df.jpg[/atsimg]

Could it be a support for a decent sized model of an astronaut? In the wide shot
www.abovetopsecret.com... That 'mound' really does look like dust/regolith kicked up. But it's not the case.

In the wide shot it is appears the astronaut is in motion. However, after a discussion with at least 10 people who couldn't care less about the moon, confusion reigned. They didn't know that they were looking at after the shot was zoomed into.

It's model made to look like in the wide shot, that the astronaut is in motion and kicking up regolith/dust.

I really don't think in 1972 they thought we'd ever zoom in this much on one of the 3581 images they took from Apollo 17.

source: eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Click 'request' and follow instructions. This is the highest res image available.

edit on 6-10-2010 by ppk55 because: added new image + formatting + source + apollo 17 images

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Why would they make a separate, static model for a photograph if they were also staging it live for the simultaneous video? Why not just take a photo of the actor (or puppet or slo-mo robot or whatever you think it is) full scale on the set? Your interpretation makes absolutely no sense. The fact that you claim to be bothering people (friends? family? co-workers? total strangers on the street?) with your puzzlement is actually disturbing. You are looking at a fuzzy enlargement of an astronaut's leg caught at an odd angle with various objects obscuring it. As usual at this magnification, it is difficult to tell which areas are foreground and which are background to any given objects; the grain just blurs together.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Wow, you have built up a huge story based on the supposed existence of a "stick." I think most people, after comparing the AS17-140-21497 and AS17-140-21496 images, seeing the video of the scene, and understanding the construction of the EVA suits will conclude that the leg is just occulted by something (be it a rock or a pile of disturbed regolith). Your evidence for there even being a "stick" is highly questionable, let alone the conclusions you draw from that.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
but you say you're cinematographer .

Show me where I wrote that I am a cinematographer please?
It goes back to your accuracy and understanding of events and the credence we can place on your posts.

My profession is in cinematography, and I can tell you, to pull of this shot is bull no matter which way you try to spin it.

reply to post by Phage

No amount of curved mirror will reveal more of you than a normal mirror.
It will change the look of it, but it won't magically reveal new information than a flat mirror could.

Originally posted by wmd_2008
The helmet is curved go look in a spoon with the back towards you face very similar effect

[edit on 22-4-2010 by ppk55]

Source Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

How does this fall back on my accuracy or whatever? Anyway, there's the information you requested. You're not in cinematography any more or I'm misunderstanding this post I guess.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Can you outline this narrow stick? It seems to me his right leg is exactly as wide as his left leg. I am just not seeing any sticks there.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

PPK, look at this photo....an Apollo spacesuit, not being worn, and you can see many of its components.

Pay particular attention to the legs, the bottom (cuff), and then the boot, and the diameter of the upper part of the boot, just above the ankle. (I called the area from the ankle joint itself, up to about mid-shin the "ankle" before. Specifically, it's the narrow part of your lower leg, where the tibia and fibula are just about to join the ankle joint).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c048e075b12.jpg[/atsimg]

You can see how the "leg" of the suit itself, at its bottom, is squared-off. The "bulky" portion, what you see most of, is NOT a pressure garment....it is the protective layers on the outside, to protect the actual pressure portion and prevent direct abrasions and possible leakage. Further, the boots in that photo were also covered for Lunar EVA by a pull-on overboot, and you can see it in some other Apollo surface photos.

Here, is just one source that discusses some suit details:

www.myspacemuseum.com...

Now, do you finally "get it"???

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Maybe this will help understand the place.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/425c9311ea23.gif[/atsimg]

And maybe this will help understand how that space suit looks seen from that angle at that distance.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a0407cdb4e5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Now I get it! PPK is confused because he thinks the pouch on the astronaut's shin was part of his leg! So it's not about the rock/dust at all! Your arrow is pointing to the space between the bottom of a pouch and the astronaut's boot. Thanks, ArtMap!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hi, I've got a question regarding the build quality of the alleged 'lunar roving vehicle'

How could it perform like this ..

If it was built like this ..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/edc59dd98fed.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42cae195e5cf.jpg[/atsimg]

Collection:
NASA Marshall Space Flight Center Collection
Name of Image:
Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV) Wheel Strut
Full Description:
This is a close-up view of a right rear wheel strut of the Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV) No. 1.

edit on 13-10-2010 by ppk55 because: added 'the' alleged 'lunar roving vehicle'

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

What are you fishing for now???

It was built perfectly strong enough, for its mission timeframe, and as lightweight as possible, too, since every extra gram of payload weight meant impacts the overall performance, given available fuel, and delta V requirements. This is no secret to most educated, knowledgeable people, but apparently it is difficult to comprehend for a small percentage of the populace.

And, ummmmmm.....are you a mechanical engineer?? And, are you completely conversant with all aspects of the strengths of an assembly, and its design mission, in an environment of LESS THAN ONE EARTH GRAVITY????

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join