It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Apollo pics, video and transcripts

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Do you not understand WHY the tracks may, or may not, be easily visible, depending on angle?? Height of camera, relative to the slope of the ground, and proximity, etc, etc...?

Nothing in the world can explain tracks missing BETWEEN THE WHEELS

edit: unless it was placed there via a crane.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c57c62708583.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0efbd3027638.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ppk55]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

You know better than that!!!

Cite your source...people shouldn't have to scour the archives to get the photo reference.

In any case, the definition of the any track marks will vary greatly, as the type of surface, I.E., the depth of the loose regolith was very different in different places. A bit deeper, more loose some places, more tightly packed and less disturbed by boot or wheel tread impressions...

Really, your continued inane fixation on this is silly...firstly, there is simply no way these could have been "faked", their provenance is well documented!

Secondly...you are suggesting, based on YOUR 'questions', that (in your paradigm) a "faked" picture would have so glaring an error???

In fact, it isn't an "error", because it's real. Too bad it's so difficult for you to understand that not EVERY photo, at EVERY angle will show what you expect...it's true on Earth, and it's true on the Moon. Zooming in and changing contrast is futile, and it shows a deep level of miscomprehension.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

I've been searching (briefly, not going to waste more than a few minutes on this) some Web images, of cars on Earth on dirt roads. Why don't YOU do the same, eh???

Haven't found an EXACT match, in terms of angle to a car, with the LRV photo above, but here's one, clearly a dirt road...it drove up, for the models to pose next to it, and pretend to 'push', right??? Where are the tracks?

Here....use your enhancement/zooming/contrast tools on this:

Did this car back up to the position for the photo, or drive up forward?

(Maybe it was 'photoshopped' in the 1950s, eh?)

Try this:

[img]http://www.myfatherscar.com/wp-content/plugins/yet-another-photoblog/cache/mfc_778.778jhpl1398goow4s0cwokkws.bvhvv0rsm3cc4g088w08gkc4o.th.jpeg[/i mg]

I sees some footprints, but no tire tracks:

AND, even better....a MUDDY road!!! Look at the mess on the car's quarter panel, behind the tire!!!!

[edit on 25 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You know better than that!!!
Cite your source

Whatever you say, you cannot explain why there are no tracks between the wheels in the image above. I challenge anyone to try and drive their car in dirt and get this result.

I mean if this is what happens with footprints ...
Remember the rover IS heavier than a human ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebaa4c862025.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh, and here's the source to that very bizarre missing tracks between the wheels photo history.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Whatever you say, you cannot explain why there are no tracks between the wheels.

Correction: you cannot explain why you cannot see tracks between the wheels. They may have been covered over by bootprints, the lighting angle may have washed them out, the rover may have landed on a bounce, the surface might be bare rock, they may be obscured by a rise in the ground...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
They may have been covered over by bootprints

Um no. that would have required a perfectly distributed spray of lunar matter, and I don't think that would have happened. Just look at the picture above... really?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

In your rather lame response...the continued use of THAT footprint close-up photo?? IS THAT RELATED to the other photo of the LRV???

Did you miss the part where I said the terrain composition will be different, in different parts of the Moon...just like on Earth??

Looser, softer and slightly deeper dirt (regolith) means slightly more pronounced impressions...whether from boots, or wheel treads.

READ the Lunar Surface Journal information, it's been linked numerous times...you are throwing random pictures up here, from random areas, and expecting the SOIL to be exactly the same in each case!!

Really, your fixation on this is silly, it's inane...you need a new hobby, because you are wasting your time if you think you're going to "spot" some tremendous 'smoking gun' evidence of NASA deception!! Better people than you have tried, and they failed each time.....

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Remember the rover IS heavier than a human ...

And the tires are much wider than a human boot. It is a question of weight distribution: how do snowshoes work? Shouldn't the extra weight of the snowshoes make you sink deeper into the snow?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

if you think you're going to "spot" some tremendous 'smoking gun' evidence of NASA deception!! Better people than you have tried, and they failed each time.....

I'm just saying, there's no explanation for no tracks between the wheels, and no one has offered a resonable explanation of how this could occur, without the use of a crane placing the object there.

edit: I mean, if those little astronaut prints are visible, wouldn't the much heavier rover leave some imprint ?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

I'm just saying, there's no explanation for no tracks between the wheels, and no one has offered a resonable explanation of how this could occur, without the use of a crane placing the object there.

Here for those that are hard of hearing and have reading difficulty:

The tracks are not missing the astronauts walked all over the tracks covering them up!

This isn't some missing track conspiracy, seriously, using simple common sense you can deduce that they had to move about the stationary LRV and get equipment in and out of the vehicle.

Use logic pk55 it really can work for your benefit!

[edit on 25-6-2010 by theability]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Here is the full description of photo AS15-85-11470.

From the Lunar Surface Journal information.

It was taken during EVA 1.

AS15-85-11470 (OF300)
143:03:51 (MET)- Dave is probably testing the Rover steering prior to maneuvering the Rover into a down-Sun heading so that he can re-initialize the navigation system based on the known position of the Sun. In this down-Sun photo, we can see the ALSEP in the background and, on the Rover, the maps and 16-mm movie camera mounted on the accessory staff forward of Jim's seat and the tool rack at the back of the vehicle. The umbrella-shaped high-gain antenna at the front of the Rover is pointed straight up, the TV is in its stowed position, the low-gain antenna just forward of Dave is pointed straight up.
The small bag mounted on the back of Jim's seat is the BSLSS (Buddy Secondary Life Support System) bag ( 159k ) which contains a set of hoses and fittings which would allow the astronauts to share cooling water in case one of them lost cooling. Note the rearward fender extensions on both visible fenders. During the flight out from Earth, these were stacked onto the forward sections and, during deployment, the astronauts slid these extensions aft on guide rails until they locked into place. On both Apollo 16 and 17, the Commanders accidentally tore the right rear extension off by walking too close and brushing against them. Ron Creel has provided a summary ( 1.3 Mb PDF ) of the fender extension losses that occurred on all three Rover missions.

history.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

yes that's lovely, but none of it explains how there are no rover tracks between the wheels

Unless it was placed there via a crane, it is impossible for no track marks to be visible between the wheels. It just doesn't happen. You can try to kick up some dust and cover them up, but that's never going to work convincingly.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Please see this post for your answer pk55
post by theability

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

Um, can we please stay on topic in this forum about the rover tracks missing above thanks.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Seriously you are not listening:

This is what I posted and linked you to!

Here for those that are hard of hearing and have reading difficulty
The tracks are not missing the astronauts walked all over the tracks covering them up

This isn't some missing track conspiracy, seriously, using simple common sense you can deduce that they had to move about the stationary LRV and get equipment in and out of the vehicle.

Use logic pk55 it really can work for your benefit
I'd say that has to do with the TRACKS My god PAY ATTENTION!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

:shk:
You obviously don't pay attention to anything people post, how could you not see that what I posted IS ON TOPIC and ANSWERS YOU QUESTIONS DIRECTLY!

OHH I know why, because it answers the question simply.

Y9ou don't want the truth, you want to have your side be right at all costs.

So much for being on ATS pk55.:shk:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55

Um, can we please stay on topic in this forum about the rover tracks missing above thanks.

Perhaps it is easier for you to understand the point about the astronauts disturbing and probably kicking dust over the tracks of the Lunar Rover if you can see for yourself what kind of enviroment the Apollo astronauts were working in?

This video is from Apollo 17 and you can se Gene Cernan doing the "bunny jump" down a slope on the Moon's surface. Just look how much dust he kicks up!

Hope this helps a little bit.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

A crane? Why on Earth a crane? The LRV weighed 463 pounds on Earth. On the Moon that's 77 pounds. That's not much for two healthy men to handle. The astronauts were quite capable of lifting it and they did so on occasion.

But in this case the tracks are probably obscured by dust kicked up by their boots.

[edit on 6/25/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Many things can explain the missing tracks, you just have to use your imagination.

But the most obvious (for those that have seen videos from the astronauts walking on the Moon (thanks ziggystar60
)) is the fact that the dust was easily dispersed by the astronauts.

I have said this many times, the Moon dust looks and acts like Portland cement, and if you step in it a cloud of dust is expelled from beneath your foot. If you can, try it, you will see that making some experiments with Portland cement will show a big similarity with what we see on Moon videos and photos.

PS: does that mean that they used Portland cement on a set to fake the Moon landings?
No, I don't think they did.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55

Originally posted by theability
As for the image, what do you think is wrong with the image?

That's what I'm asking of people reading this thread. Once I've got a few responses, I'll post what I think.

Stop trolling. We're asking what you think is wrong in the image because we can't see anything wrong with it. Stop post farming and tell us what you think is abnormal in the image so we can discuss it. Otherwise, you're wasting our time.

Cheers,
Strype

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join