It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Speech...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Anybody catch it when he said, "my government" instead of "our" government?

Man, it's amazing that someone can make the same 3 sentences into an hour long speech...

I can't believe this dumb arse picked Thursday night at 8pm EST for a speech! It's only THE most prime night for TV networks...pre-empting Survivor and Friends...yep, that's brilliant.

Well, looks like Saddam's got about one more week...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Good speech, but it was running when I would be watching the O'Reilly Factor and Survivor.!
Now I must watch Survivor now, and possibly tape O'Reilly at 11 pm.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I thought the speech was good. There's not much left to say, Saddam isn't complying so we'll have to disarm him ourselves. I dont think him saying my government is a big deal, he is human. By the way O'Reilly factor came on right after the speech and is still on, I'm watching it now. They just had Newt Gingrich on. I think Survivor and all of those reality shows are beyond stupid, just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm wondering which ... ... ... ... ... school of ... ... .... ... public speaking ... ... ... ... our president has been to?

It seems as though he's a little ... ... ... ... confused about ... ... ... ... how to make his case ... ... ... ... ... in ... ... ... ... a live public speach.

You'd think that ... ... ... ... ... ... for such an ... ... ... important moment in his ... ... ... ... presidency ... ... and ... ... this history of this nation, ... ... ... ... ... ... he would have been coached ... ... ... ... ... to speak in a much more ... ... ... ... ... decisive manner.

Instead ... ... ... he came across as uncertain ... ... ... ... ... perhaps ... ... ... ... even afraid ... ... ... ... ... or ... ... ... ... waiting for the words ... ... ... ... ... ... to come through from Dick ... ... ... in his implant.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
TH, are you speaking of when the reporters were asking him questions that contained six or seven questions in one? He isn't a robot, I thought he got his point across well. I would rather him digest the question(s) and then respond rather than just saying the first thing that came to his mind. I know I've said some stupid things by speaking without thinking, its human nature. I didn't see any uncertainty in his speech and/or responses to the packed questions at all. I admit he kinda dodged the N Korea issue, but that wasn't what this speech was about. We need to deal with the Iraq issue right now, and probably didn't want to stir up the Far East by discussing NK. Maybe I'm the minority, but I think he handled it well and thought it was necessary to address the American people. I'm sure he is sorry that he interrupted everyone's usual Thursday night TV programs.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican I would rather him digest the question(s) and then respond rather than just saying the first thing that came to his mind.

Yeah, it gives him more time to think up a lie rather than telling the truth...He's already on *public record* as being a liar more often than even Clinton was.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Blah, Blah, Blah, lies, lies, lies.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Even GW himself said the press conference was "scripted" and then asked one of the reporters for the last part of his 6 part question...

I'm all for the war, but the man's a boob...plain and simple. And the way he was dodging questions wasn't even artfull... He took one hour to say, "Iraq must disarm, He is not complying with the latest resolution, War is the last option" If I had a buck for every time those were said during the speech.....

Of course, maybe I was just in a bad mood 'cause I had to wait for Survivor and CSI, and then CSI was a re-run!

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
... that Fox News Network decided to take O'Reily off and put Bush on. Man, they delayed an intelligent human being and put on an imbecile.... Terrific.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
TH, are you speaking of when the reporters were asking him questions that contained six or seven questions in one?

No... ... ... I'm not referring to his ... ... ... speach patterns in response to ... ... ... the admitted scripted questions. (what a farce)

During his opening monologe ... ... ... and during the "question" and "answer" period ... ... ... he spoke with a slow halting tempo ... ... ... as if he were struggling with how to be ... ... ... decisive ... ... ... or ... ... ... he was simply having trouble with the material.

And it was very clear ... ... ... that all of the "questions" ... ... ... were approved ... ... ... prior to the conference.

I have to say, that without doubt ... ... ... this has been one of the worst presidential press conferences ... ... ... since Nixon. At least in terms of ... ... ... ... ... ... credibility.

new topics

top topics

join