It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanic student knocks down american flag

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by Miracle Man

So if a Mexican was waving their flag in your face and telling you your country was crap you wouldn't be the least bit enticed to give him a whooping or at the VERY LEAST knock his flag out of his hand?

If I was in their country I wouldn't have anything to say to him. Because he would be right.

Obviously my Country is crap if I decided I needed to move to a differant one so that I could provide for my family.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Mexican Activist Attempts To Burn The American Flag - Key Word Being "Attempts"
www.liveleak.com...

well there is one Mexican AMERICAN!!! that take away the American flag being burned ! that respect's our flag and i think he said his father fought for our country ! something like that the guy is a true American ! Thankyou!

Allot of Hispanics er... Mestizo that fought For Our country ! now and in the past WW1 WW2 Korea Vietnam Etc.. its ok to be Proud you your origin as many do like for instance the Celtic.. culture which im part of .. when you live in a county you are raised in it should be that flag you should admire over others unless your a foreigner , or a tourist or at a world wide sport event ! that would be the only exception why you wouldn't !

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man
1. You have no idea what those kids in the truck was saying.
3. You have no clue if these kids are legal or not.

Neither do you.

If those kids are legal, THIS is their country as much as it is yours. The color of their skin doesn't mean they belong to another country.

Originally posted by Miracle Man
Obviously my Country is crap if I decided I needed to move to a differant one so that I could provide for my family.

You're assuming that these kids are immigrants because of the color of their skin.

Originally posted by Wolfenz
Mexican Activist Attempts To Burn The American Flag

It's a protected form of free speech. You have a problem with the First Amendment?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I accuse you of assuming to much and you try and turn it around on me? I'm not assuming anything, if you go back to my first post you will see that. Bottom line is that Pedro got violent and is the one in the wrong. The other kids may have or may not have been rude. That doesn't mean he can act like a big shot and do what he did.

That quote of mine that wasn't even directed at you had nothing to do with this incident. You are pathetic for even trying to work that in their against me. I suggest you go back and read what I was replying to before you stick your foot in your mouth once again.

You know what, forget it, I forgot that your ego makes it impossible to get you to see another side of the arguement you just deflect and bs your way through most of the time.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My grandfather told me long ago..what is going to kill America is that people don't have respect anymore. My grandfather came over here from Germany before WW2 broke out. Guess what, even though he came from Nazi Germany time. He STILL RESPECTED THE U.S.A and flew the AMERICAN FLAG.

And here a song for you all

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Rentor]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
And the point of all of this, regardless of who's side you happen to be on, is that people IN THIS COUNTRY, are turning on one another, creating the chaos and disarray that is vital to an agenda that is so far beyond the understanding of most of us.

As long as we keep fighting against ourselves, those with the power are going to be justified when they remove our freedoms and liberties.

So, keep fighting, keep blaming one another, but don't cry when you find yourself shackled by your own beliefs.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There are plenty instances of white Americans disrespecting the flag, some of the articles well discussed here on ATS. After reading this thread, it is quite obvious that many here who are hostile to what happened in this video aren't upset because of what the individual did, but because he was of hispanic descent and did it. Piss and moan all you want, but disrespect of any sort to the American flag (or any flag for that matter) is a freedom allowed under the first amendment. There is so much blatant racism in this thread and no one wants to call a spade a spade. Well I just did. Many (not all) who are against what this person did aren't mad that they touched someone else's property, or that they disrespected the American flag. You are upset with that the man looks Hispanic. You feel they have no right to be here. You, are what is wrong with America, not this person.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Wait, isn't the Union Jack flag the flag of England, and you were called Racist for hanging it in London? That's kinda messed up.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

Way to twist it, man.

I can't believe you think it would be okay for me or you or anyone to grab an American flag and use it for the specific purpose of denigrating another person just because they are different from you.

You guys go on and on about how the flag should be respected yet have absolutely no qualms about it being used for this purpose. Something is seriously wrong with that.

I can't believe any of you are denying that the kid in the truck was purposefully antagonizing that guy WITH THE AMERICAN FLAG. And you're mad at the guy who had a perfectly natural reaction to being made to feel like he was good enough because of the color of his skin.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
dude, re-read what you just said,now you cant knock down a flag without someone crying about it, hey that someone is you!

Yea america was cool but in the day, but then people started realizing how corrupt, greedy and arrogant most of them are (inculding it's goverment)
Sure i am stereotyping, but everyone does it, everyone around the world and aliens probally do too.

You cant make them like america, when she has done so much wrong in the past
american:"oh no dont knock over my presious flag, you better stop "
dude: sure thing
iraq dude: "we said oh no like 600 times when you started bombing us but they didnt stop"

seriously everyone hates the crap out of america (not litterly EVERYONE) here in canada some people get beat just for being an american.
Like honestly we live in such a #ed up world you are complaining over a stupid flag? THEY HAVE NO REAL MEANING!!!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

I almost called a spade a spade, but chickened out. The comments in this thread are disgusting. You're right the only reason these people are so bent out of shape about what happened is simply because of the color of this guys skin and that, ladies and gentleman, makes you a racist.

You can spin it all you want and bring up the disrespect for the flag but everyone of your comments brings up the fact that this guy is Hispanic. You can't seem to do it without bringing that up and in the same breath excusing the actions of the kids in the truck who are using the American flag for such a disgusting purpose. That is what matters most. Not the fact that the $5.00 flag got a little dirty, physically. What matters is that it was soiled by the actions of the kids using it to disrespect a person of color.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
As a white, God fearing true American patriot. (lol, but true) I just want to say, bless those students.

Screw your military "battle flag" of war.

The United States Civil Flag of Peacetime
www.barefootsworld.net...

(And FYI, It's only illegal to desecrate the flag in D.C.)

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the men in the truck were attempting to provoke the Mexican-American students, however if that provocation simply entailed them waving an American flag and not using any derogatory language (which isn't heard in the video) then I fail to see why the reaction was so intense from those students.

This is America.

The Mexican students should have been applauding the men in the trucks, responded in return with "God Bless America", and waving their own American flags right back at them. That would not only disarm the situation but show that there is no real contradiction in being proud of your foreign heritage and your Country at the same time. These actions prove otherwise. Reacting hastily, and assaulting the driver by slapping away the American flag was playing right into the hands of the people that see Mexican-Americans as putting Mexico above America while attempting to turn parts of the U.S. into areas of Mexico.

It would be just as ugly if an American did that in Mexico.

Suspending students that wear American flag-shirts to school, or assaulting people that wave them in front of you is just plain wrong and utterly unAmerican.

Even the lady in the video standing with the Mexican students who screamed out that point was aware of how terrible a move this confrontation was.

- Lee

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Me and friends back in the 1980s was wild . All we did was make out with our girl friends and listen to rock music . My brother would try to chase me down the road back in the 1980s once when I took the flag down and forgot to put it in the house before a storm came and got on my bike and went riding with my friends. This is not that big of a deal is it ?..there is so many problems in this world right now . Like the oil leaking in the gulf. economy sucks in America, Pakistan Test 2 Ballistic Missles 2 days ago , , Problem Detected with Voyager 2 Spacecraft..these stories seem more interesting to me

[edit on 10-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Ever since Arizona created this law everyone suddenly decided it was okay to hate Mexico in the US.

You guys are so much fun.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
Piss and moan all you want, but disrespect of any sort to the American flag (or any flag for that matter) is a freedom allowed under the first amendment.

True but you failed to gain the context of the "disrespect" in the video.

This was NOT that students flag. If I walk up to you on the street and knock your bags off your shoulder and throw your glasses on the ground that constitutes "assault".

He had no right to do anything to those guys in the Truck or their flag.

Just get that part straight at least if you want to claim people are just moaning in regards to this assault.

You don't have the right to destroy my flag.
Period.

- Lee

[edit on 10-5-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I cant stand those who flock to another country and treat it like dirt.

These mexicans have only themselves to blame. They ruin there own country and then try to ruin another country. Disgraceful!!!

There are some people in this world and some religions who purely abuse another countries good nature. Then cry "discrimination".

Stay in your own country. Destroy your own country. Stop sponging off another society because you failed with your own.

Absolutely foul behavior.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by C11H17N2NaO2S]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The clip from a legal perspective is interesting:

The Hispanic man commits common law battery. Battery is the harmful or offensive contact of another. Some of you may say, well he doesn't hit the man he only knocks the flag down. A little known legal rule is that anything connected to a person is considered "the person." Thus, a robber who tries to snatch a purse off the shoulder of a lady has actually committed battery even though he has only touched the purse; the purse is considered part of the lady under the law.

Thus, the gentleman who hit the flag committed common law battery. Hope y'all enjoyed the legal lesson!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Read my post and you'll see what I believe the true reason you people have a problem with it. L2 Read before critiquing.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Christ almighty, this thread grew by three pages in the time it took me to read the first five

I hate to interject this in amongst all the kerfuffel, but did anyone stop to think that what was on this video were nothing more than two distinct ethnic groups of dumbass teenagers waving their respective flags and whipping their #$%@s out because respectively, that's what Fox News and La Raza were basically telling them to do in a metaphorical sense?

Or in some cases, a literal one?

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Legion2112]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join