It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanic student knocks down american flag

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by FantasmaTaans

That is the biggest BS I ever heard, I am a Latino women I am an American and in my house we only speak English, anybody that by choice move into another country to live and enjoy that country benefits should assimilate out of respect or leave the country.

This so cultural BS is destroying America, is a reason why immigrants came to the US To become Americans.

Pity how even history has failed the generations in this nation

BS to you, we came to this country too, and english and spanish is spoken in our household. We teach our kids our history and our language and express our right to speak both, if you feel that you have to "assimilate" then it sucks to be you, yes accept the cultures and rules of this culture in this country, but never forget yours and where you came from. I will never let my kids forget that.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

THEY DON'T HAVE OUR COUNTRY, WHITE PEOPLE DO!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I'm assuming by throwing the word illegal in their you mean legal hispanic immigrants, and US born hispanics. You do know we serves in your Armies too right fighting your wars for you?

You assume too much, you know what happens when you Assume? you make an ASS out of U and ME.

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. When people mean hispanic, they mean illegal. In the northeast US where I'm from hispanic, and illegals are seperated. Sorry I'm used to it.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I am under the belief that if you move to another country and make it your long-term or permanent home, I think you should show some reverence to that country. By all means go ahead and keep your culture alive within your family. Culture is like life's seasoning. The thing is though, do not try and make the country you are in adapt to you, you adapt to the country.

If you come to America, learn to speak english. Want to fly your native flag? I do not have an issue with that. Want to share your culture with others? I do not have an issue with that. What I do have an issue with is people migrating here and then boxing themselves off and then expect America to bend and conform to what they want.

Going to someone else's country is akin to visiting someone's home. You do not have to lose your identity to be there, but you can't redecorate and repaint while you are there just to suit what you like.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
LETS GET A FEW THINGS STRAIGHT SHALL WE?

HISPANIC = FROM SPAIN = WHITE

LATIN(O)= FROM ROME = WHITE

MEXICAN = AZTECA = WHAT YOUR ALL TALKING ABOUT.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

In my Country we also have White guys who drive around with tattoos of flags, flag tshirts, hats swimwear waving flags in the faces of "wogs" trying to provoke violence.

Society at large looks down on the hoons and yobbos that do this, not the people that let themselves be provoked and retaliate.We don't consider these twats patriotic, we consider them to be what they are,an embarrassment to patriotism.
And in the same situation in Oz most people would not really care that someone knocked the flag out of the hand of a hooligan trying to antagonise an immigrant.

"Hispanics"take the upper hand when yobs do this and don't react at all.Look what happens when you do.It all gets turned around.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
That is the biggest BS I ever heard, I am a Latino women I am an American and in my house we only speak English, anybody that by choice move into another country to live and enjoy that country benefits should assimilate out of respect or leave the country.

This so cultural BS is destroying America, is a reason why immigrants came to the US To become Americans.

Pity how even history has failed the generations in this nation

I don't understand this. I have two Asian sisters in law, and encouraged them both to value their heritage, and to speak as much Chinese as English at home, so their husbands would learn it and their children would grow up bilingual. They have also taken time to teach their children about their racial heritage.

On the other hand, both these girls were already integrating into Australian society, and being bilingual has not made the families any less Australian.

Our different cultures have much to learn from each other. Nothing should be lost.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

My dear, remember, nobody forces immigrants to move across borders, they come into other nations by choices, at least in modern times.

Is plenty of other nations that people can migrate too, but in those other nations the governments and citizens would not take the BS that is going in the US very kindly.

Only in America immigrants are given more rights than born Americans.

that is due to political corruption and corporate greed.

If I want to speak Spanish I visit my country of birth plain and simple, here I am an American and my children are Americans also, their main language is English.

BTW I come from a long line of military service men that gave their lives for this country to keep its identity no to becomes some greedy bastards corporate entity exploitation opportunity.

Since world war II, Korea and Vietnam I lost one grandfather, and two uncles.

So Yes I have the right to voice what I feel about the BS going on in my country.

Plain and simple.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
A few years ago americans would of gone crazy over such things, but i do not see what the problem really is. Americans need to understand there is more to planet earth than just usa.

What would you think of a bunch of americans burning a Mexican flag?

No friend you said it....maybe these hispanics should understand that there is more to the world than just hispanics and Mexico otherwise they wouldnt be here would they now. They need to understand this.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Is this the type of country you want? Soon we will have a militarized boarder and violence in our own backyard because of it. The fact so many can not see past this type of obvious propaganda to divide a nation, to turn one against the other, I'm afraid more control, loss of freedoms are what awaits our future.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm Canadian, and i damn will knock down my flag too. This is a planet, not a game called risk.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

So you're saying the only time to speak spanish is when I go back to Colombia? F that, there's no where in this country except Hazelton, PA saying we're not allowed to speak spanish. I have the right to speak spanish with my hispanic friends in front of a group of white Americans because someone died for me to be able to have that right. If I have to leave the country to speak a different language then it's patronizing my brothers-in-arm's death.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well luckily for them, when they turn 18 they can legally go back to Mexico. I am sure they are frustrated because their parents are forcing them to stay in the horrible horrible horrible United States of America and they have to see the United States of America flag flown representing the United States of America, rather than them seeing the Mexican flag flown in the United States of America.

Id be pissed too if I was forced to live in say England and kept seeing that darn British flag waving all over the place. I would immediately rip down that British flag and proudly display the United States of America flag, because that makes sense!!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
do i need to pick apart every post until you folks use correct terminology?

your speaking of people on the other side of the world.

for people who seem so passionate about this subject your sure are exhibiting a lot of carelessness.

calling a mexican hispanic is like calling an american british.

the whole point to the mexican revolution was to gain independence from the Spanish...so you would think someone who celebrates Cinco De Mayo would care if they are being referred to as the nationality that conquered them.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There are so many racists here that dont even seem to realize it. How many of you are assuming there were racists comments said, because the guys in the truck were white? Isn't that racist to assume something about a person based on skin color? Maybe the pro-illegals who the ones shouting racist insults? Does that even cross your mind?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We are getting away from the issue at the core of the problems. It is not about flags, but rather it is about illegale immigration. The problem that I am seeing is that many people, who support illegale immigration are often not victims of the crimes that many illegale immigrants commit, and the rights that many illegale immigrants are demanding, even though they have broken the laws of the country.
Part of what many need to admit is that not all immigrants are evil, or bad, coming here to seek a better way of life. They left everything that they know behind to come to this country. Those who come through the front door, takes the time and the effort to join into society and be a part of that country, to even giving up their own lives when they are called to. They are inventors, entrenpeneurs or do such just to spite their former homeland, cause they were denied their rights, and viewed it as a miscarriage of justice. Some of the biggest contributers to this country came here for that exact reason. Take a look a Carnagie, or the next time you walk through a museum, chances are it has an exhibit from the Smithsonian, an immigrant who came here cause he was upset at being denied his birthright. But at the same time, not all immigrants are here for the best of purposes, such as the recent times square suspect. He too came through the front door, so this is also an issue of security. Let me ask you this, if you support illegale immigrants, if the Senate declared war against another country, do you think the illegale immigrants would volunteer to go into the armed forces to support the country? Probably not, they would go to ground to disappear so they did not have to fight. What if the war was against say their home country, how do you think they would react, and what would be the publics outcry then?
The cry that I keep hearing is for social justice and point out to the civil rights movements, yet fail to learn the lesson of Dr. King. His cry was for equal justice, and his means was peaceful, even in the face of danger to life and limb. He knew he could be arrested, go to jail, suffer beatings and even give his life up for his cause, yet would not raise a hand to protect himself, or have any of his followers for such. They did not wave flags, rather they did it cause they knew if they were violent, threw a punch then the movement was over.
When I see the illegal immigrant rallys happen, I shake my head, and will offer no support. What I see, is a violent and often rude people who show no loyalty to the country, who do violent things even in the face of being arrested, often throwing the first punch, brick and weapon. Any support in the publics eye that they may have garnered is immediately lost, as it gives weight to all arguments against them. Those students as nobel as they think their cause may have been, is often misguided, what is gained by leaving class and protesting and waving mexican flags? All it reeks of social justice and demands for things that they are not entitled too. Before you say oh the poor immigrants, and hispanic community, take a look at the laws on the books. There are things like affermitative action, which is legalized discrimination against those who are white. What more do they want that has not already been given? The more they push, the more the country is going to pull back and look in contempt. If they waved the american flag, stated as part of their chant, we are here for the country and were willing to go to jail and die for their cause without lifting a hand to defend themselves, then they would deserve respect.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Actually this thread is about a specific incident... There are plenty of other threads currently going talking about immigration.

Line 2:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Oh please..........your comment is so full of horse crap it's not even funny. Many Mexicans both legal and illegal have NO DESIRE to assimilate and it has little to do with pride in their culture. It has to do with a sincere belief that they do in fact have a natural right to take back the southwestern USA.

My patience is wearing very thin for most Mexicans these days and I don't care if they are legal or illegal. Many are not assimilating. And let's not kid ourselves.......just because they are legal does not mean they are not sucking off our social safety net. I was at Target the other day and my wife and I were shopping. Not only did I see a majority of Mexicans the women all had around 3-5 kids all under the age of 5 or 6. And I'm sorry my wife and I make a good living together and we would never be able to afford that many kids in Southern California yet these drains on society pop out kids like rabbits. That's what disgusts me most about Mexicans. They are all uneducated baby makers who think the US stole their land from them. I mean atleast Asians take care of their kids and make sure they are set up for success. There is no way 4-5 mexican kids all under the age of 5 or 6 are going to be set up for success in America when their mother is a stay at home mom and their father works a minimum wage job.

Oh mexicans are hardworking.........they are family people.....BS! They are irresponsible leaches! And I'm getting sick and tired of them! Call me a racist I don't care anymore there comes a time where MY LIFE my WELLBEING and MY FAMILY AND ITS FUTURE COME FIFRST. I have several friends that are responsible, assimilated Mexican immigrants..........but for those 1 or 2 there are 5,6,10 who are popping out kids they can't afford and sucking off my hardwork as a middle class tax paying American.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

It's not a matter of being bad or evil. Look I see these Mexicans both legal and illegal and they are popping out kids THEY CAN'T AFFORD! It's about ECONOMICS.........as much as anything else. These people are poor when they get there and they breed like rabbits. Get on some damn birth control IT'S FREE!!!!!!!!!! Or better yet if you can afford a cell phone you can afford birth control. You don't need 5 effing kids. 2 is fine. I mean my god.......Americans have become zombines sombering around in their own goddamn guilt.........letting their country go to #. Let's just open up our borders to every poor, uneducated, third worlder who wants to come in......it's ok they are good, hardworking, decent people. America would be destroyed overnight.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

That whole post deserves a freaking pulitzer it was that beautiful.

Now we just need a million or so people to think the same way. I'm almost to the point to where if the federal government won't do anything about them then I will.

I have said before I am all for putting troops on the border with a shoot on sight order. I would fully support a law that makes it legal for US citizens to haul illegals back to where ever they come from.

If you are an immigrant that went through the process and are legal then I welcome you with open arms. If you are illegal then your best bet is to pray to whatever God you believe in that are paths do not cross.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join