Hispanic student knocks down american flag

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by pablos

Mexican americans? Why cant they just call themselfs americans? Why not just wave the american flag. If they like mexico so much why dont they go back there.

Once you are a american you are suppose to assimilate. You learn english, wave the american flag etc etc

[edit on 10-5-2010 by ker2010]

Way to go buddy, become the Borg.
Pride, respect, and history, and family are huge to the hispanic culture. They have the right to be able to speak both languages, to be able to celebrate where they are from. Simply because white Americans (northern) do not is because of a huge cultural difference.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

Hon, you said it all, that is why the people are fighting in the street for this type of things and nobody cares, that is how our elite government wants Americans to be, divided and conquered, so they can keep raping the nations tax payer for their own political and financial gain.

Our nation was build under a strong sense of patriotism to avoid the mistakes of the old world now that our politicians and those fat rats holding the wealth in this nation had cemented their hold they are destroying anything that is American for their own greed.

If we Americans just get together and unite to save our nation we could be able to run the rats in politics and in the streets our of our nation.

But we have lost that sense of patriotism and that word has even become obscene

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans

Originally posted by harpsounds

Any Real American would not do this.

Then what is a real American?

The problem is the white conservative majority fear their power weining(sp) and they now want to the take out their anger against the hispanic major minority as a scapegoat the same way the Germans did with their Jewish minority.

It's not a issue just Mexico. There are 26 Latin American countries and Mexicans are not the only ones being affecting, unfortunately this (not racism because race is a just a made up construct by the borgeois class) prejudice is in place in western Pennsylvania. You speak spanish you are looked at funny. People tell you you're in America you speak english. No, There is no official language, and there is no right saying that you're allowed to denounce one for speaking spanish. I applaud AZ for pushing the immigration issue to the federal government, but they did it in the wrong way. Going the way of Nazi Germany is not the way. I'm serving this country, my father served this country in both Iraq Wars. (We're not from AZ, but I'm currently stationed here) so why do I deserve to be pulled over for my skin color. I could be wearing sun glasses down the street and jaywalk (because so many people in the Northeast USA do) and then get stopped for hours to try to prove my citizenship merely because I have my PA license and that's it. I as a hispanic do not deserve that. I do/did more for my country than most white Americans. My brothers in the Marines and Navy are the same. These states with no logic need to push harder to the federal government the need for immigration reform because it is not the right of the state to do that. (Not only that it's not logical to make something illegal that's already illegal.)

P.s. and please stop saying "In Mexico if we did this...", "In Mexico their laws are.....", "In Mexico if we spoke english..." It doesn't matter what happens in Mexico, we are in the United States, not Mexico. We do not go by the Mexican standard here in the United States. What happens in Mexico is not relevant to what happens in the United States, what their President says cannot affect anything here in this country. So stop, it's plain stupid and childish. It's that of your mom yelling at you for doing something and you saying in your defense, "but Billy did it too!" No, it's dumb white America. Stop it.

That is all.

PS Tell people to please stop saying people in america are racist if they disagree with illegal immigration. If that is the case mexico and all countrys are racist. Its that mom goes out and buys little billy a video game for getting a A on his report card. But little johnny who is also her son and gets a A too and gets nothing.

You cant have it both ways!!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Really I'm trying not to play this game that they want us to play. I notice the natural emotional response to this sort of news. Both sides are wrong, and frankly I will not partake in picking a side, insight my self to petty arguments that will lead to one path, the path of intolerance and perhaps violence.

Yes both sides of the argument have legitimate concerns but the media coverage will cause a person to pick a side and I believe that is what it's designed to do, divide.

Think about it for a while, they are playing both sides when it comes to this issue.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I'm assuming by throwing the word illegal in their you mean legal hispanic immigrants, and US born hispanics. You do know we serves in your Armies too right fighting your wars for you?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This will be my last post in this thread as it has taught me a lot.

1. People will get arced up over whatever the media will want them to. They will see what they want to see and jump to the conclusion they are meant to. This is proved by the people who continually are referring to the burning of flags, and by the OP's propaganda without seeing what even started the incident.

2. There are a lot of people posting here that know nothing about multiculturalism. This is shown by all those who are going on about "I couldn't go down the street in (insert country) waving a flag or destroying a flag." Just look at any other Western country where protests are held on a number of issues e.g China's control of Tibet, Racism against Indians in Australia, National pride celebrations in what appears to be in any other country except the US (I guess none of these posters celebrate St Patrick's Day as they are all so assimilated and it is NOT an American holiday).

3. The posts claiming it is not about race despite the OP's title, posts and original assertions.

4. The constant banging on about assimilation, despite the fact that I don't read too much in the history books about Americans assimilating to to culture of the First Peoples, which by their arguments they should have.

Through all of these points the most important thing I have learned is the amazing hypocrisy of quite a lot of people that should have better reasoning skills.

Cheers,
Pablo

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FantasmaTaans

That is the biggest BS I ever heard, I am a Latino women I am an American and in my house we only speak English, anybody that by choice move into another country to live and enjoy that country benefits should assimilate out of respect or leave the country.

This so cultural BS is destroying America, is a reason why immigrants came to the US To become Americans.

Pity how even history has failed the generations in this nation

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pablos
This will be my last post in this thread as it has taught me a lot.

1. People will get arced up over whatever the media will want them to. They will see what they want to see and jump to the conclusion they are meant to. This is proved by the people who continually are referring to the burning of flags, and by the OP's propaganda without seeing what even started the incident.

2. There are a lot of people posting here that know nothing about multiculturalism. This is shown by all those who are going on about "I couldn't go down the street in (insert country) waving a flag or destroying a flag." Just look at any other Western country where protests are held on a number of issues e.g China's control of Tibet, Racism against Indians in Australia, National pride celebrations in what appears to be in any other country except the US (I guess none of these posters celebrate St Patrick's Day as they are all so assimilated and it is NOT an American holiday).

3. The posts claiming it is not about race despite the OP's title, posts and original assertions.

4. The constant banging on about assimilation, despite the fact that I don't read too much in the history books about Americans assimilating to to culture of the First Peoples, which by their arguments they should have.

Through all of these points the most important thing I have learned is the amazing hypocrisy of quite a lot of people that should have better reasoning skills.

Cheers,
Pablo

Good dont let the door hit you on the way out.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pablos

hey mr.9000 posts maybe your the one who needs to get over it.

im not even finished reading this thread and all i see is you mouthing off every other post pretending like you dont care and its everybody else who has the problem.

get off your high horse and walk over that bridge you keep whining about.

that or follow up this post saying the same thing you've already repeated a hundred times. further proving my point.

link   

Two words for you WHITE GUILT.

I dont suffer from it, you display the symptoms of it.

You have no support to even suggest I feel guilty about history or that I'm white. Either way, recalling history doesn't mean I feel bad about it, only that one should pay attention to it so that you can learn something.

The guys waving the american flag had the same rights to be there as the people waving the mexican flag. Dispute that argument

I never said they didn't, did I? What I said is it seemed as if they provoked and got a response. Either way it's hard to say since we didn't see the whole thing and don't know what was said.

What they said afterward and the yelling during seems to indicate that the flag wasn't the only thing objected to.

As to disputing you, it's easy. Too easy really sorry to say. I'm eager for bigger game. This immigration debate is juvenile at best with very few with enough information and thought to have a decent opinion. But I digress...

Anyway, have fun.

Peace
KJ

link   

Originally posted by marg6043

That is the biggest BS I ever heard, I am a Latino women I am an American and in my house we only speak English, anybody that by choice move into another country to live and enjoy that country benefits should assimilate out of respect or leave the country.

This so cultural BS is destroying America, is a reason why immigrants came to the US To become Americans.

Pity how even history has failed the generations in this nation

AND WE HAVE A WINNER FINALLY A VOICE OF REASON!!!!!!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I never use toilet paper...I have a lot of American flags sitting around for that purpose. Way to go kid...next time I suggest urinating on it

[edit on 10-5-2010 by kerazeesicko]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Hispanic is not a nationality, it's a culture/ethnicity.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Two words for you WHITE GUILT.

I dont suffer from it, you display the symptoms of it.

You have no support to even suggest I feel guilty about history or that I'm white. Either way, recalling history doesn't mean I feel bad about it, only that one should pay attention to it so that you can learn something.

The guys waving the american flag had the same rights to be there as the people waving the mexican flag. Dispute that argument

I never said they didn't, did I? What I said is it seemed as if they provoked and got a response. Either way it's hard to say since we didn't see the whole thing and don't know what was said.

What they said afterward and the yelling during seems to indicate that the flag wasn't the only thing objected to.

As to disputing you, it's easy. Too easy really sorry to say. I'm eager for bigger game. This immigration debate is juvenile at best with very few with enough information and thought to have a decent opinion. But I digress...

Anyway, have fun.

Peace
KJ

Doesnt matter what was said its against the law to lash out at someone physically or their property your argument is futile.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Exactly this is a prime example of what the borgeois class expected of us when it created race for our proletariot. We have to take our country from the thieves in the corporations.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

reply to post by marg6043

Exactly this is a prime example of what the borgeois class expected of us when it created race for our proletariot. We have to take our country from the thieves in the corporations.

First we have to take our country from ILLEGAL aliens then the thieves in the corporations

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Dear, if people were not with the head so much into their rear ends they will know that what happened in Greece is been happening in the US for decades, they same way that the Greek people are fighting in the streets for their rights as citizens should have been happening in the US already.

But . . . in America we have become takers rather and givers and while we open our hands to the crumbs that are given to us, we do not stand up to give anything, but when it comes to nationality and patriotism the government has been very good and manipulating human emotions in the US.

Keep people fighting for stupidities so they don't remember who is actually raping them over and over.

We as American citizens have become dumb and stupid. . .

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I'm assuming by throwing the word illegal in their you mean legal hispanic immigrants, and US born hispanics. You do know we serves in your Armies too right fighting your wars for you?

You assume too much, you know what happens when you Assume? you make an ASS out of U and ME.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds

Any Real American would not do this.

Then what is a real American?

PS Tell people to please stop saying people in america are racist if they disagree with illegal immigration. If that is the case mexico and all countrys are racist. Its that mom goes out and buys little billy a video game for getting a A on his report card. But little johnny who is also her son and gets a A too and gets nothing.

You cant have it both ways!!

The problem is in Latino cultures there are no problems of race, we've taken many Americans to Colombia, and everyone welcomed them with open arms, and the Americans didn't want to go back to the US with all its #. In the US there are major problems with race (mostly instigated with white Americans.) It is true that not everyone is being racist, generally it is a matter with the ethnicity in general, when they mean "illegal" they mean the hispanic minority as a whole. I saw a post not too far up saying they all should have been taken downtown and being to prove citizenship. No they shouldn't have they were expressing their rights as Americans, and most likely were all born in the US. You are being repetitive in your analogy and my analogy. If little Johnny's mother doesn't buy him a video game, oh well. That shouldn't matter to little Billy because little Billy is living little Billy's own life. Unless little Johnny's asking to play little Billy's game, then it should be of no concern.

Boom.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
we knock other countries governments and natural resources all the time. We even knocked California from Mexico
A Mexican knockin' a $1 flag?? not a big deal.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join