It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanic student knocks down american flag

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The wonderful thing about this country is that we can protest and counter protest. Though the tape does not show everything, but it shows enough. The student who knocked the flag out of the persons hand from the truck was wrong. There are alot of people who take alot, it is called acceptance, however, there are certain symbols that will envoke a fierce response. I am however surprised the police did nothing during the entire episode, only to run to prevent fists flying.
They say they have the right to be in America, however flying the Mexican flag is an affront to me, cause instead of trying to be a part of the country, they are using race as a weapon to get what they want, and not trying to go through and be a part of society, seeking to be seperate. Though I do think the girl who was getting in between the 2 males stating this is not the way has the right idea.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

Originally posted by xEphon
Why does this seem like another "I hate hispanics" thread.
A mexican knocked down an American flag!? Unbelieveable! Solution: bomb them - It's the American way. /sarcasm

I'm not saying its right - but don't expect this behavior to end anytime soon. Meanwhile, if you're looking for a group to villify for America's current problems, look no further than capital hill and wall street. Not so sure you'll find many of "them" there though...

Why is it about race hmm? If it had been someone from ireland and did the same thing i would hate it.

See its you guys who have to throw race into everything. Its about someones ACTIONS not their RACE.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by ker2010]

Well GEE, maybe because the title of your thread is "Hispanic student knocks down american flag." If this was about someones actions then perhaps you should learn to exlude race from your titles. Better yet, maybe exlude generalizing terms like "them" to refer what "these sort of people do."

Its sad they have such low respect for the flag a lot of our grandparents

You've just made this thread painfully transparent.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by xEphon]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

wow someones got a problem with a little humour.
makes me want to burn some flags.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pablos
First thing, yes it is justification to do this.

Well if that's what you reckon mate. But I'm not even a yank and I wouldn't do it.

I would have thought the guys in the truck were un-American as they were violating the kids right to free assembly as well as bullying someone for no apparent reason.

How? By rocking an American flag? How is that bullying?

If anything he baited the kid. It's like trolling but in real life. And the kid took the bait. He could have hit the guy, he could have hit the car. But he hit the flag.

And this school and it's students seem to have an issue with the flag. What are their teachers telling them? I saw that seditious video from that teacher talking about revolution against US imperialism. I'm not entirely against that but where do these people get off preaching their agenda to kids.

By your logic those kids that got kicked out of the same school for wearing the flag deserved their punishment.

For displaying the American flag?

I've often said the USA is the most racist country on Earth, and I stand by that statement. And it's not just the white American's.

You guys need to step off and take a good long hard look at yourselves, that flag belongs to all of you.

And the Vampire Squid doesn't care what race you are. It will wrap you in it's tentacles all the same.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pablos

We fought and won a war against Mexico, taking this terrority, then in an effort to be nice to our neighbor we paid money, millions back then, if you take into the account of the time and inflation it is close to 6 hundred billion dollars. So you can not state we are conqueors, as part of that treaty, those living here were allowed to remain, given full accordance to be citizens and protection. So the conquore bit just does not mesh. Texas wons its freedom from Mexico.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

It has nothing to do with racism. Pointing out a certain race is doing something does not equate to racism. If you show me a video of a japanese, chinese, etc disrespecting the flag i will label it accordingly.

I guess if someone robbed me i couldnt tell the cop what color they were cause it would imply im a racist? According to your logic this is what your saying.

I THINK its evidently clear you want racism alive and well. Take your PC propaganda somewhere else.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Ordinarily, it disgusts me when people tell someone to go back to (insert country here) but if you're going to march down the street waving a foreign flag...well, you're asking for it. How are we ever going to get past this stupid racial divide? Christ, even white people are trying to play the race card nowadays. Get over yourselves...EVERYONE!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Ok so if i migrated to russia and became a citizen. And if they did happen to let me wave a american flag (would never happen) there and step on the sickle and hammer and the citizens who saw me disagreed and thought is was wrong they would have Xenophobia ?

Wow your logic would rival that of Mr Spocks

Well first off, your analogy is not correct by any stretch.

1) We are talking about the xenophobic culture America has enjoyed. We were bigoted against the Chinese, Italians, Irish, and now Latin/South Americans (a short list).

2) In the video, it seems as if these boys were provoking by blanketing Hispanics regardless of legal status (which is rampant in this debate topic in general). I'd expect a response by anyone with any self respect.

3) Russia doesn't use that flag anymore.

4) It could be xenophobic sure. It depends on the situation. Xenophobia is a pretty typical defense mechanism when people feel threatened. I say it because I don't think this debate is specifically "racist".

5) Analogies don't work normally unless you are good at making them. Make a point, refute my post, anything.

I'll be waiting.

Peace
KJ

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Ok so if i migrated to russia and became a citizen. And if they did happen to let me wave a american flag (would never happen)

VE day celebrations saw US and British troops marching alongside Russians this year in the Red Square, complete with flags.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

That's all well and good. They can burn the flag for all I care. Just don't f***ing do it in the US, and don't expect to live in the US after you do it!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Two words for you WHITE GUILT.

I dont suffer from it, you display the symptoms of it.

The guys waving the american flag had the same rights to be there as the people waving the mexican flag. Dispute that argument

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I love my country, but i hate my government. When someone comes to this country and are welcomed with open arms and said people disrespect the flag which should represent the country its sickening.

Its akin to letting me stay in your house and i take a picture of your parents or child off your wall and stomp on it.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

reply to post by xEphon

It has nothing to do with racism. Pointing out a certain race is doing something does not equate to racism. If you show me a video of a japanese, chinese, etc disrespecting the flag i will label it accordingly.

I guess if someone robbed me i couldnt tell the cop what color they were cause it would imply im a racist? According to your logic this is what your saying.

I THINK its evidently clear you want racism alive and well. Take your PC propaganda somewhere else.

That's rich. You throw around race and accuse me of wanting racism to be alive and well. PC propaganda?
Yeah - I do see a lot of that going around lately - especially on this board.
You want me to believe for one second that if this was any other nationality other than Hispanic, you would have started a thread over it? Sorry, but you're not fooling anyone.

And I have no idea what logic you're using, because it's certainly not mine. If you were robbed I would expect you to tell the officer any bit of pertinent information that you could. What does that have to do with the fact that you started a thread stating that a Hispanic knocked down an American flag, then continue to say how they are disrepecting our country. I hardly think the they you were refering to were Russians...
But I digress, this thread is about someone ACTIONS right? And the they that you refer to are "people who perform those same ACTIONS."

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

He/She probably was pissed at the school and too much of a chicken to vandilize it or something more rash so they knowcked down the flag. Heck I've knocked crap off the teachers' desks at school when I got peeved! LOL. This doesn't got nothing to do with the flag it's someone lashing out at the faculty of the school.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Disgusting behaviour, definitely a terrorist, terrorising good Americans who were just minding their own business on the street.

Obviously it's about time we nuke Hispania, wherever that is.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon

reply to post by xEphon

That's rich. You throw around race and accuse me of wanting racism to be alive and well. PC propaganda?
Yeah - I do see a lot of that going around lately - especially on this board.
You want me to believe for one second that if this was any other nationality other than Hispanic, you would have started a thread over it? Sorry, but you're not fooling anyone.

And I have no idea what logic you're using, because it's certainly not mine. If you were robbed I would expect you to tell the officer any bit of pertinent information that you could. What does that have to do with the fact that you started a thread stating that a Hispanic knocked down an American flag, then continue to say how they are disrepecting our country. I hardly think the they you were refering to were Russians...
But I digress, this thread is about someone ACTIONS right? And the they that you refer to are "people who perform those same ACTIONS."

Once again how is they racism??? Explain that to me. If i say most illegals in this country are from mexico that makes me racist?

Yep I would start a thread over any immigrant illegal or not coming to this country and waving their flag while disrespecting our flag OR THEIR flag too if they are legal.

I dont care if they are white, black, brown, yellow or purple.

Its not a race issue its a respect issue your not fooling anyone.

Also let me guess your all for illegal immigration. Its always a strawman argument with you guys. You take the problem of illegal immigration and turn it into a race thing. You dont want them here because they are hispanic not because they are illegal blah blah blah find another beat to dance to that one is getting real old.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Flags , division and patriotism are destroying this world and our civilization.

We are one world , under the sun.

Stop fighting for a stupid flags , they mean nothing.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Pity, this why our nation is been raped by those that control the wealth while the rest of main street just act like idiots.

Americans are fighting the wrong things,

Very soon is not going to be anything America as the lessons of our forefathers are already forgotten.

Those that have no respect of this nation do not belong here . . .

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Too bad someone didn't knock the faces of the street kids

Too bad the gang of humans didn't get arrested for attacking three people and grabbing their property

Too bad these humans weren't checked for citizenship and at least taken 'downtown' for their parents to come, pay their fine and take them home untill the assualt trial.

Too bad American children got sent home for wearing American colours to school and probable illegals get away with assault on people and our country's symbol while demanding their non existing rights!

Too bad people see nothing wrong with this type of behavior!!!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds

Any Real American would not do this.

Then what is a real American?

The problem is the white conservative majority fear their power weining(sp) and they now want to the take out their anger against the hispanic major minority as a scapegoat the same way the Germans did with their Jewish minority.

It's not a issue just Mexico. There are 26 Latin American countries and Mexicans are not the only ones being affecting, unfortunately this (not racism because race is a just a made up construct by the borgeois class) prejudice is in place in western Pennsylvania. You speak spanish you are looked at funny. People tell you you're in America you speak english. No, There is no official language, and there is no right saying that you're allowed to denounce one for speaking spanish. I applaud AZ for pushing the immigration issue to the federal government, but they did it in the wrong way. Going the way of Nazi Germany is not the way. I'm serving this country, my father served this country in both Iraq Wars. (We're not from AZ, but I'm currently stationed here) so why do I deserve to be pulled over for my skin color. I could be wearing sun glasses down the street and jaywalk (because so many people in the Northeast USA do) and then get stopped for hours to try to prove my citizenship merely because I have my PA license and that's it. I as a hispanic do not deserve that. I do/did more for my country than most white Americans. My brothers in the Marines and Navy are the same. These states with no logic need to push harder to the federal government the need for immigration reform because it is not the right of the state to do that. (Not only that it's not logical to make something illegal that's already illegal.)

P.s. and please stop saying "In Mexico if we did this...", "In Mexico their laws are.....", "In Mexico if we spoke english..." It doesn't matter what happens in Mexico, we are in the United States, not Mexico. We do not go by the Mexican standard here in the United States. What happens in Mexico is not relevant to what happens in the United States, what their President says cannot affect anything here in this country. So stop, it's plain stupid and childish. It's that of your mom yelling at you for doing something and you saying in your defense, "but Billy did it too!" No, it's dumb white America. Stop it.

That is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join