It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanic student knocks down american flag

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I don't want illegals in my country period, do it right or go home. I don't like people from other countries coming here illegally and then protesting my country, if your's is damn great, go home, it's obviously better than here. I don't like the whole gangtsa mentality, grow up or accept the fact you'll always be a second class citizen. I don't like having professional extortionist organizations in my country....be a person and citizen on your own merits, not on your own percieved weakness. If this makes me a racist, fine, I can live with it. However, our country was far better off before all of this PC crap came to the fore front and people became afraid to speak out on what is right or wrong for fear of being labeled a word that has lost all meaning.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

reply to mryanbrown

Mryanbrown I know your type you want open borders and you also want caucasians to be full of white guilt. Your a racist because you think mexicans should be privileged and be able to come here illegally. What about all the people who cant come here illegally due to oceans and distance? What about people who did it the right way and are legal?

Dont say you want closed borders be a man and fess up you want them open!!!

You wanna post videos so be it!! Look at the videos and say we dont have a problem with the border.

Meet La Raza

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Look the blacks are racist!!! They are against illegal aliens so now they are racists correct?

www.youtube.com...

Young black male murdered by a illegal!!!

www.youtube.com...

And you want open borders. Disgusting

[edit on 12-5-2010 by ker2010]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
I know your type you want open borders and you also want caurcasians to be full of white guilt. Your a racist because you think mexicans should be privelaged and be able to come here illegally. What about all the people who cant ocme here illegally due to oceans and distance? Dont say you want closed borders be a man and fess up you want them open.

I like how a discussion about Americans being idiots. Somehow became another discussion about illegals. This has got to be the most asinine statement I have ever come across. So I'm pretty happy it was in reply to me.

And you wonder why people call you ignorant, racist, bigots.

You turned an American into an "illegal", through word play. It's not even worth countering anything you said. It's like replying to a kid making faces, because he angered you. You can't use logic.

No ones bothered to reply to the fact I clearly state over and over you equate non-whites as being non-citizens. Countless times. You and others.

At least you don't deny it. You just skim over it.

EDIT: To add. I see you people doing your little one-stars to people who make the most outlandish racist replies. I truthfully think it's great. Despite the counter-arguments to the racism. Those people don't receive stars.

It's really a badge of honor and integrity to not be starred in a thread like this.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

I know your type you want open borders and you also want caurcasians to be full of white guilt. Your a racist because you think mexicans should be privelaged and be able to come here illegally. What about all the people who cant ocme here illegally due to oceans and distance? Dont say you want closed borders be a man and fess up you want them open.

I like how a discussion about Americans being idiots. Somehow became another discussion about illegals. This has got to be the most asinine statement I have ever come across. So I'm pretty happy it was in reply to me.

You turned an American into an "illegal", through word play. It's not even worth countering anything you said. It's like replying to a kid making faces, because he angered you. You can't use logic.

No ones bothered to reply to the fact I clearly state over and over you equate non-whites as being non-citizens. Countless times. You and others.

Avoid the question and videos.. YES OR NO are you for open borders? Are you for illegal aliens?

Are the blacks in the video racists for protesting illegal immigrants? yes or no?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Avoid the question and videos.. YES OR NO are you for open borders? Are you for illegal aliens?

Are the blacks in the video racists for protesting illegal immigrants? yes or no?

YES OR NO MAN, YES OR NO!!!!! ANSWER THE LOADED QUESTION SO I CAN BAIT-N-SWITCH YOU AND PUT WORDS IN YOUR MOUTH!!! YOU'RE UNAMERICAN MRYANBROWN!!!

Really? You honestly think I'm going to reply to this same question... again...

Because you ran out of propaganda. Especially considering you have yet to reply to ANY points I have made in previous posts.

You spin any reply not in accordance with your hate motivated agenda.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
A few years ago americans would of gone crazy over such things, but i do not see what the problem really is. Americans need to understand there is more to planet earth than just usa.

I agree people need to realize there is more to the planet than just themselves. I find what they did extremely rude. If they want to be here so badly and live the "American Dream" they all talk about then they need to respect the flag of this country.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

www.youtube.com...

Look noone wants the illegals jobs look at the blacks protesting!!!! They do take jobs. Who said no americans want to work them? Look at all these people lining up protesting!!! They want work, the illegals take jobs they would.

LOOK Black racists!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Now you're just rambling off on a tangent. You're replying to me about things I never mentioned just to make a point about your bigotry.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman

I would say that the assaulter took advantage of the pause in traffic, in order to enforce his violence upon the peaceful protesters in the truck.

Why are you suggesting that the US flag wavers break the law?
Why should the people in the truck do that for the protestors?

The flag's movement was halted before the assaulter jaywalked all the way over to it. You can keep pretending otherwise, but the video is proof-positive.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Byteman]

" Fladeboe witnessed a dispute with a group of students waving an American flag out the window of a pickup truck."

The group of students in the truck were playing against the Cinco De Mayo flags. They were not innocently driving by with no intent to harass. The girls took them up on it...

If I can see the truck in front, which I did not notice before, you should now be able to see the flag waved back into the face of the guy on the street before he slapped it away. If not you are selectively blind.

This is why no charges were filed: no one was innocent and no one was guilty, including the students that were thrown out of school before this happened for wearing American flags.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mark_price

The people in the truck stated their intent, to show pride in the USA. That is NOT illegal, and it is NOT a reason for the assaulter to take his violent action. The people in the truck were abiding by the law, and only personally responded when they were provoked and attacked.

The girls were jaywalking, and approaching a vehicle in traffic. Stupid move, no matter what the reason. And again, those girls were being bolstered by their dozen+ friends, just a bunch of FALSE bravado and weak-minded group mentality.

What you can "now see" isn't a bargaining chip with me.

The US flag never hits the attackers face, FACT.
There is traffic in front of the truck forcing it to stop, FACT.

I do NOT acknowledge that the flag hit the attackers face, not one bit. And your declaration of who is "selectively blind" is both hypocritical and valueless.

We simply don't know whether or not the attacker got charged. All we know is that he didn't get arrested on video. He very well, may have gotten arrested and charged since the video was made.

Being charged or not doesn't change the content of the video however. The people waving the American flag, were well within their rights. The First Amendment to be specific. And got attacked by a violent person.

I'm still waiting for you pro-assaulters to quote the amendment, that allows you to walk up to people and assault them and their property.

Got that handy?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

The people in the truck stated their intent, to show pride in the USA. That is NOT illegal, and it is NOT a reason for the assaulter to take his violent action. The people in the truck were abiding by the law, and only personally responded when they were provoked and attacked.

You're really not getting this: they were kids intentionally harassing other kids who started a rally on a holiday that coincided with a school day. The day before that two kids were thrown out of their school for wearing american flags, so they all knew what they were dealing with--racial tension was the reason for this whole thing.

"Racial tensions are high on the campus of Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill a day after five students were sent home for wearing clothing with American flags to school on Cinco de Mayo".

The girls were jaywalking, and approaching a vehicle in traffic. Stupid move, no matter what the reason. And again, those girls were being bolstered by their dozen+ friends, just a bunch of FALSE bravado and weak-minded group mentality.

The group mentality was the result of the rally. You have a problem with that? You seriously want them busted for jay walking now? It's not false bravado to stand your ground.

What you can "now see" isn't a bargaining chip with me.

The US flag never hits the attackers face, FACT.
There is traffic in front of the truck forcing it to stop, FACT.

You really are blind then and not entitled to your own personal "facts", and can't seem to admit when you are obviously wrong. I told you I noticed the bumper of that car to illustrate the fact that we cannot see everything at once all the time, so look again.

I do NOT acknowledge that the flag hit the attackers face, not one bit. And your declaration of who is "selectively blind" is both hypocritical and valueless.

Now that's just ignorant denial.

We simply don't know whether or not the attacker got charged. All we know is that he didn't get arrested on video. He very well, may have gotten arrested and charged since the video was made.

Uh, yes we do: "No one was arrested and there are no reports of injuries."

Being charged or not doesn't change the content of the video however. The people waving the American flag, were well within their rights. The First Amendment to be specific. And got attacked by a violent person.

No, charges would come later, and so they didn't do anything illegal. Shouldn't have waved the flag into his face if they didn't want it slapped down. Check it.

I'm still waiting for you pro-assaulters to quote the amendment, that allows you to walk up to people and assault them and their property.

Got that handy?

The street is their property now? Still with the "pro-assault" nonsense. Try freedom to assemble in public, and that includes the street on occasion. What I got handy posted above is enough to slap down your narrow minded argument.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mark_price
You're really not getting this: they were kids intentionally harassing other kids who started a rally on a holiday that coincided with a school day. The day before that two kids were thrown out of their school for wearing american flags, so they all knew what they were dealing with--racial tension was the reason for this whole thing.

"Racial tensions are high on the campus of Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill a day after five students were sent home for wearing clothing with American flags to school on Cinco de Mayo".

The current amount of racial tension doesn't give the attacker a right to get violent over the matter.

The group mentality was the result of the rally. You have a problem with that? You seriously want them busted for jay walking now? It's not false bravado to stand your ground.

I never said I had a problem with it, I only said it was weak-minded.

I also didn't say I wanted them busted for jaywalking, I said that jaywalking into traffic is stupid.

You really are blind then and not entitled to your own personal "facts", and can't seem to admit when you are obviously wrong. I told you I noticed the bumper of that car to illustrate the fact that we cannot see everything at once all the time, so look again.

What personal facts?
You haven't proven me wrong on anything.

The flag never hit the attackers face.

The truck is behind another truck, a dark one with a full width toolbox on the bed. It's right there, and you're trying to act like I'm making it up.

Your limitation that you "cannot see everything at once all the time" is just that, YOUR limitation. You do NOT define my limitations.

Now that's just ignorant denial.

No, it's plainly evident.

The flag dips toward the front of the truck horizontally and then back up vertically, once.
Then it pauses when the attacker gets within reaching distance.

You can keep shouting the same make believe interpretation all day long, it doesn't change the content of the video.

Uh, yes we do: "No one was arrested and there are no reports of injuries."

That article only covers the event itself.

I was talking about later. I said there MAY have been a later arrest or charge.

No, charges would come later, and so they didn't do anything illegal. Shouldn't have waved the flag into his face if they didn't want it slapped down. Check it.

Nothing in that article says "no charges would come later", so way to just make up stuff.

Again, you don't know what happened after that video. Even though you just tried to volunteer some fake fact.

You seem to really like quoting that article for your side. Well, then why don't your pay attention to the whole thing?

EXCERPT FROM ARTICLE:

Along the way, KRON 4's Rob More.. Fladeboe witnessed a dispute with a group of students waving an American flag out the window of a pickup truck. One of the marchers grabbed the flag and hurled it to the ground.

Your favorite article doesn't say anything about the attacker getting hit in the face with a flag.

Why didn't you quote this part?

The street is their property now? Still with the "pro-assault" nonsense. Try freedom to assemble in public, and that includes the street on occasion. What I got handy posted above is enough to slap down your narrow minded argument.

I never said the street was their property.
The US flag that got knocked to the ground is their property.

Freedom to assemble is the right to assemble PEACEFULLY. The attacker chose to not respect that.

The right to assemble only includes the street, if that is the only publicly owned spot available. It was not. All the other marchers seemed to have no problem confining themselves to the sidewalk.

I know you want to pretend you scored points, or whatever your "slap down" talk is supposed to mean. but you didn't prove me wrong on anything.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by ker2010

You guys hear that? Sounds like that fat lady is tuning up her Vocal cords... America is dying, It is dying because of Liberalism and the very effective subvert war they fought. No they did not fight it with weapons of war or block to block fighting with tanks. They fought the war in the Universities and the governments across this once great land.

Say good bye to it, we allowed this to happen by sitting back and doing nothing. We allowed for our governments to allow throngs of illegal’s to come across our borders and gave them welfare handouts, allowing our peoples to live in state of poverty, uneducated, a vicious cycle that has gone on for a generation.. We allowed this, now they’re pushing for a street fight one, most People won’t fight for one reason or another.

Hats of to you My enemies you have done where others have failed, you have brought the greatest nation, that the world has ever seen to its knees, and you did it without firing a shot. I will tip my sword to you and drink Rum in your honor...

Now with that being said, my Armies will march out to meet you on the battlefield, where we will undoubtedly lose because your numbers will be superior to mine. We will be the last thing that stand in your way from toppling America. Of course we will lose because the so called "silent majority" does not have the courage or the stomach to fight a war.

my warning to you the so called "silent majority" after they are done with us they will undoubtedly turn their attention to you, and your Children and Grand Children will never know what freedom was. Have fun with, I will at least be able to die knowing I at least fought for what I believed in. I will die with a smile on my face and freedom on my tongue, while you will die in the bondage of modern day slavery, and your new masters foot on your throat.

In a nut shell.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
all due to celebrating cinco de mayo

taught them french a lesson.

dont mess with a mexican.

like a gang war.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Your limitation that you "cannot see everything at once all the time" is just that, YOUR limitation. You do NOT define my limitations.

Nothing in that article says "no charges would come later", so way to just make up stuff.

There is one more example of not being able to see everything at once all the time: you missed a simple comma that changes the entire meaning of what you quoted. The guys in the truck were cowards but not doing anything illegal, just pushing their luck outside of school( instead of wearing flags and getting thrown out they bought cheap flags to wave outside from the safety of a vehicle=same issue). Still if the flag had stayed pointed forward it would not have been slapped down. Just another example of a few details you failed to see and acknowledge.

Now the big picture which also defines your limitations through ignorance, is that this was an ongoing dispute aggravated by the kids in the truck waving their flags to harass a rally.

Now you can see that, hopefully. Lol, too funny.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

There is one more example of not being able to see everything at once all the time: you missed a simple comma that changes the entire meaning of what you quoted. The guys in the truck were cowards but not doing anything illegal, just pushing their luck outside of school( instead of wearing flags and getting thrown out they bought cheap flags to wave outside from the safety of a vehicle=same issue). Still if the flag had stayed pointed forward it would not have been slapped down. Just another example of a few details you failed to see and acknowledge.

Now the big picture which also defines your limitations through ignorance, is that this was an ongoing dispute aggravated by the kids in the truck waving their flags to harass a rally.

How can waving a countrys flag inside its own borders harass anyone? Especially if they were supposedly Mexican Americans. Get real.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

There is one more example of not being able to see everything at once all the time: you missed a simple comma that changes the entire meaning of what you quoted.

Okay, you want me to re-address that sentence?
I was being generous before, but okay.

Firstly, I quoted you directly. My response took your little comma into account. Feel free to recheck my post, I directly quoted you. Even if I didn't include your precious semantic comma into my retype.

Secondly, My point still stands, that the article doesn't say anything like that. And you are just making things up.

READDRESSED SENTENCE:

No, charges would come later, and so they didn't do anything illegal.

This sentence doesn't make any logical sense...period.
Charges would come later, but they didn't do anything illegal?
That is contradictory to itself.

You do not make sense. Satisfied?

The guys in the truck were cowards but not doing anything illegal, just pushing their luck outside of school( instead of wearing flags and getting thrown out they bought cheap flags to wave outside from the safety of a vehicle=same issue).

Now your just **** talking.

The guys in the truck got out of the vehicle, at that point the attacker got behind the mouthy girl. Then he straight ran away at 0:17.

You are a hypocrite, for saying the US flag wavers were hiding in a vehicle and calling them cowards. When the attacker went and hid behind a girl then ran away.

Cowardly, is skipping 80%+ of my post that proves you wrong, and only responding to one little thing. So, you should avoid labeling the actions of others as cowardly. Lest you be labeled a hypocrite...again.

Why don't you address the fact that the article you keep quoting, doesn't say anything about the assaulter getting hit in the face with the flag?

EXCERPT FROM ARTICLE:

Along the way, KRON 4's Rob More.. Fladeboe witnessed a dispute with a group of students waving an American flag out the window of a pickup truck. One of the marchers grabbed the flag and hurled it to the ground.

Too scared to address this?
You've already ignored it when you read the article yourself.
You failed to respond to it when I brought it up.
Gonna skip it a third time, because it proves you wrong?

You were the one going on about the attacker getting hit in the face with a flag, now your so quiet about the issue.

Gee, why is that?

Still if the flag had stayed pointed forward it would not have been slapped down. Just another example of a few details you failed to see and acknowledge.

More made up BS.

You have nothing to support this, and cannot prove this in the slightest.
You do not have a magic ball into "What If?" scenarios.

It's not a detail, because it didn't happen that way. Why don't you stick to what actually happened? Instead of creating fantasy scenario's that didn't occur.

Limitations? You mean like your limited ability to respond to my posts?

I directly addressed 8 points of yours, but you seem limited to addressing only 1 of mine.

Ignorance, is skipping 80%+ of my post that proves you wrong, and only concentrating on one little thing. In this case, willful ignorance on your part.

Feel free to prove that the people in the truck, did anything before this video, if you can. Your speculation is worthless and proves nothing.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

How can waving a countrys flag inside its own borders harass anyone? Especially if they were supposedly Mexican Americans. Get real.

How can it? That was the whole point of doing it: harassment. It's like they are playing racial sports with team flags. Stupid kids; nothing to do with patriotism.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

There is one more example of not being able to see everything at once all the time: you missed a simple comma that changes the entire meaning of what you quoted.

Okay, you want me to re-address that sentence?
I was being generous before, but okay.

Firstly, I quoted you directly. My response took your little comma into account. Feel free to recheck my post, I directly quoted you. Even if I didn't include your precious semantic comma into my retype.

which changed the meaning of the sentence

Secondly, My point still stands, that the article doesn't say anything like that. And you are just making things up.

no arrest, no injuries, no charges(for obvious reasons), no problem.

READDRESSED SENTENCE:

No, charges would come later, and so they didn't do anything illegal.

This sentence doesn't make any logical sense...period.
Charges would come later, but they didn't do anything illegal?
That is contradictory to itself.

You do not make sense. Satisfied?

hell no, maybe a little frustrated at your nitpicking and lack of understanding. Most people don’t do anything illegal because they know that charges could come later…

The guys in the truck were cowards but not doing anything illegal, just pushing their luck outside of school( instead of wearing flags and getting thrown out they bought cheap flags to wave outside from the safety of a vehicle=same issue).

Now your just **** talking.

you fail to comprehend the situation so you say that?

The guys in the truck got out of the vehicle, at that point the attacker got behind the mouthy girl. Then he straight ran away at 0:17.

at least they were smart enough to wait for a cop before retrieving their prop flag; the girl was trying to keep both sides apart

You are a hypocrite, for saying the US flag wavers were hiding in a vehicle and calling them cowards. When the attacker went and hid behind a girl then ran away.

it is cowardly to buy prop flags to harass a rally from the safety of a car IMO

Cowardly, is skipping 80%+ of my post that proves you wrong, and only responding to one little thing. So, you should avoid labeling the actions of others as cowardly. Lest you be labeled a hypocrite...again.

no, that’s actually because my computer has trouble quoting on this site so I’m typing this on WORD , happy now?

Why don't you address the fact that the article you keep quoting, doesn't say anything about the assaulter getting hit in the face with the flag?

EXCERPT FROM ARTICLE:

the reporter made an honest mistake: the flag was never “grabbed”

Too scared to address this?
You've already ignored it when you read the article yourself.
You failed to respond to it when I brought it up.
Gonna skip it a third time, because it proves you wrong?

You were the one going on about the attacker getting hit in the face with a flag, now your so quiet about the issue.

Gee, why is that?

see above

Still if the flag had stayed pointed forward it would not have been slapped down. Just another example of a few details you failed to see and acknowledge.

More made up BS.

You have nothing to support this, and cannot prove this in the slightest.
You do not have a magic ball into "What If?" scenarios.

It's not a detail, because it didn't happen that way. Why don't you stick to what actually happened? Instead of creating fantasy scenario's that didn't occur.

I’ll stick with anyone with eyes can see in the clip. Maybe you need to let it load and the start over because there can be a jump at the beginning; maybe that’s your problem

Limitations? You mean like your limited ability to respond to my posts?

no, just your redundancy

I directly addressed 8 points of yours, but you seem limited to addressing only 1 of mine.

Ignorance, is skipping 80%+ of my post that proves you wrong, and only concentrating on one little thing. In this case, willful ignorance on your part.

Feel free to prove that the people in the truck, did anything before this video, if you can. Your speculation is worthless and proves nothing.

We know the school situation before the rally. The students in the truck followed the students in the school that were thrown out for wearing American flags. That’s the whole story. You seem to believe they were randomly driving by waving flags. If you still believe they were innocent patriots then you are still clueless.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
That flag means something. Or it did.

And anyone that could so callously cast it to the ground deserves to be called "epithets" because letting it fall to the ground is the most un-American thing you could do when so many died to make sure it stayed aloft.

So, the best way to honor the people who died for this country is to keep people from mistreating a symbol of the country? You know - the kind of activity that has repeatedly been judged by the Supreme Court as being protected by the First Amendment?

The fact that you think the "most un-American thing you could do" is to allow a symbol of the country to touch the ground says more than I could ever hope to say.

Denying people their right to freedom of speech (even speech you find objectionable - which is EXACTLY why it's protected) is FAR more un-American than letting the flag touch the ground.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join