It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanic student knocks down american flag

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mark_price

Balogne

He took six casual steps toward the flag, and then slapped it down.
It was not in his face.

Oh, I see.
It's ok for Mexicans to lose control, and slap stuff out of peoples hands.

Understood.

reply to post by WolfofWar

There was no inciting. The people in the truck are protected under the first amendment. You remember which one that is right?

Which amendment protects a person, who violates someone's property by slapping it to the ground?

HINT: It doesn't exist.

There is no proof that the people in the truck were using an kind of incendiary language, before the attack upon them.

You pro-slappers need to grow up, and stop trying to pretend they were using racial slurs. If you can provide PROOF, then do so.

Ass-clowns? Oh, that's mature.

All you know about them, is that they were practicing free-speech, until another person came up and violated their private property. Then they rightly confronted that person, and got their property back.

I know you want to pretend that the people in the truck were inciting anything, or using racial slurs, or whatever else. But you have NO PROOF.

reply to post by GorehoundLarry

There's more of that no-proof. And some hypocrisy to boot.

Why aren't you also critical of the Mexican who said "It's a free country We'll live here whether you like it or not."?

How is that not provoking the people in the truck?

The Mexicans were waving flags too, why do they get a pass from you?

Hey, maybe I'll just use you pro-slappers assumption tactics.

Here goes....
The Mexicans were obviously calling the White people in the truck racial slurs. I have no proof, but I'm gonna say it like it's absolutely true.

Therefore, the people in the truck were showing ULTIMATE restraint when they only retaliated by waving their flag.

See...it goes both ways. Maybe you should try to make your argument without creating fake proof, through assumptions.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Deport them all.

Now. This has gone too far. Mexico for Mexicans, America for Americans.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman

Balogne

It was not in his face.

Oh, I see.
It's ok for Mexicans to lose control, and slap stuff out of peoples hands.

Understood.

Balogne? Maybe I should have said waving the flag AT the guy, but that's just semantics and six steps.

Where did I say it's okay for mexicans to lose control? Maybe you can understand I never said that. Yeah, slapping things out of peoples hands when you are pissed off is a lot better than losing control and knocking out teeth or worse over something like that. The police officer and that girl prevented the situation from getting out of control.

Why worrying so much about that little flag and creating false "slap advocates". God that's funny. It could have been a lot worse; you could feel the tension in the air even through that clip.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Oh, I see. More stuff that wasn't evident, but you're sure it was there. Just like the alleged racial slurs, you pro-slappers have been going on about.

There wasn't tension, just violence caused by one person. He's lucky the Cops didn't arrest him then and there, for assault and attempting to destroy the private property of another.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
First off I will have to say that if someone came into my yard and touched my flag they would have hell to pay. The flag is more to some of us. I come from a long line of people who have gone to war because of that flag and to quote "I would stand up next to you and defend her still today." I have no problems with other flags as long as it flies lower then the American flag. It should always be the highest flying flag. Even down the road from me there is a house that flies the Canadian flag but he has it on a lower flag pole. To some of us it holds a lot more then just some old flag.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Oh, I see. More stuff that wasn't evident, but you're sure it was there. Just like the alleged racial slurs, you pro-slappers have been going on about.

There wasn't tension, just violence caused by one person. He's lucky the Cops didn't arrest him then and there, for assault and attempting to destroy the private property of another.

Have you never been in a situation before? You can feel it in the air. The girl was the one yelling at the people in the car who were talking back. Probably his girlfriend so he casually walks up--obviously offended and sticking up for her--and gets all pro-slapper on that poor flag. Sorry I still find that funny. What happened after that is where it COULD have gotten out of control. Why was the girl yelling at them, maybe something they said, but the flag-slapper did not start that scene. At least they waited for a cop to arrive before retrieving their inexpensive flag; no point getting in a real fight over that.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crashbehr
First off I will have to say that if someone came into my yard and touched my flag they would have hell to pay. The flag is more to some of us. I come from a long line of people who have gone to war because of that flag and to quote "I would stand up next to you and defend her still today." I have no problems with other flags as long as it flies lower then the American flag. It should always be the highest flying flag. Even down the road from me there is a house that flies the Canadian flag but he has it on a lower flag pole. To some of us it holds a lot more then just some old flag.

Yeah, but you don't drive around waving it at mexicans. Or you don't have a cheap immitation for that kind of thing. You have a a flag you care about so you would not use it for something like that, right? Now if your neighbor flew their Canadian flag too high, I hope you wouldn't go to extremes about it.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Balogne

It was not in his face.

You know what, I just looked at the clip again, and the guy sitting in the truck waving the flag, casually waves the flag back into the guys head before he slaps it away; it's almost a reflext of the guy on the street to slap away the flag as it hits him in the face.

So there you go: guy approaches a car that is arguing with his girlfriend and gets brushed by a flag so he slaps it away. end of/

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

Your post is exactly why ATS needs a system to de-star people. I'm sorry I didn't know gross over exaggerations linking to an unrelated incident was deserving of a star.

It's becoming the ignorance ^5 system.

I hate when people make excuses for people inciting racial tension through ethnic genocide.

Doubly pathetic.

I love America but I'm starting to hate ignorant, bigots, who use stereotypes to paint everything under an umbrella as their mental capacity is unable to counter with an actual rational discussion, so they resort to exaggerations and unrelated blanket statements to try and make a point.

OPEN YOUR DAMNED MINDS UP.

"Done with this thread"

translation... "done inciting racial hatred"

[edit on 11-5-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale
Ah, but the flag IS the problem here, because of the message the gesture of throwing it on the ground carries with it. Knowingly or by pure stupidity, he ended up offending not only his home country, but a slew of his fellow Americans as well.

Originally posted by mryanbrown
Having pride in the flag is one thing. Using that pride as an excuse to insult someone over their ethnic heritage and hide behind the flag is another.

I don't even think it's too far of a wager to say that anyone in the military who has a TRUE respect for the use of the flag would see what those kids were using the flag for was also disrespectful.

Like I said, anyone with real respect for the flag, knows those kids were already disrespecting it with how they were using it. And I'll reiterate this all day.

Originally posted by fallow the light
if you want to be in America and be American, then stop flying the flag of a country you do not want to be in in the first place.

Do you complain about people who fly the rebel flag? it is after all the flag of a FAILED country, the CSA (Confederate States of America).

Originally posted by SpeDeZo
Nah, I'm not American, but I mostly agree.
HOWEVER I have read here on ATS that American Flag has somewhat become a tool used by racists to provoke people.

Exactly why I say they were already disrespecting it.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

I stand by my immature statement, because it is might right to say so, and I shall broaden my inflammatory statement. Anybody who waves two or more small novelty flags out of their pick up truck while yelling any people is an ASSCLOWN

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's easy to see the racial tension emanating from this thread. I am an American, and the slapping of the flag made a statement that I don't think any American likes: "F# you, your country, and your flag."

Go ahead and tell me when and where to flaunt my pride in my country. I'll show ya where to stuff it.

At the same time, our soldiers fight for his right to slap that flag, so you can't really raise that much of a fuss. I see no threads about the Middle East burning our flag. They do it daily. Everyone needs to get over it.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
soooo wait... they walked out of class and down the street to a park because they wanted to praise their heritage??..... how come when i was in school i couldn't walk out just because i wanted to praise america, or italy (because im italian obviously..lol) for that matter but no no no if i were to do that i would have got suspended along with the rest of the school lol. makes no sense to me that this can go down i mean what provoked this "march" or wuz it jus cinco de mayo? anyway IMO they should rly jus relax cuz they got it made over here so if i was them i would not take it for granted and blow something out of proportion. ohh and if i new how to star and flag i would but still tryin to figure that all out lol.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I agree 100%, These ungratful people are not realizing that only in this country do imigrants have freedom of speech, to voice such poop!!!While us citizens can not say a word or we are "racist"!!!I cant believe how scared we have become to maybe "Offend"!!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Well then the ungrateful peeps should go to these"other places"!!!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

What about this, is so hard for you to understand.
No one reported any racial slurs, or provocation, by the people in the truck.
Anything to make your favorite group, seem provoked though right?

No matter how much you want to speculate, or make ridiculous musings about "something in the air", the facts are thus....

People in the truck were practicing their First amendment right, and they were stopped by a violent person.

Your little scenario with the girl as a total victim, and the assaulter as a total hero is hilarious.

Do you regularly make excuses for criminals?
Because that's what the assaulter is, a criminal.

Since you like assumptions so much, here's mine....
The girl is obviously a loudmouth, insulting, troublemaker. And the assaulter is obviously another troublemaker who wanted to get in on it. I mean they just walked out of school right? That makes them academically irresponsible as well.

So I proclaim them irresponsible, Loudmouth, insulting, troublemakers. It's so obvious, it's in the air.

(not really, I don't operate on assumptions. it's not a fair practice.)

People can do whatever they want with their flags of various qualities, as long as they are not infringing on the rights of others.

You have no right trying to dictate how people can use their privately owned flags.

The only person who infringed on another person's rights, was the assaulter.
Nothing that the people in the truck did, was stopping anyone.

At 0:01 to 0:03
The assaulter begins jaywalking and approaches the truck. Flag waving.

At 0:04
The guy in the truck STOPS waving the flag and holds it vertically as the assaulter approaches.

At 0:05 the assaulter slaps the flag to the ground.

Your fantasy scenario where the assaulter got hit first never happened. Even his own fellow-protester tells the assaulter "You're doing it wrong".

Yes, of course you stand by your own immaturity.
You still have no proof that the people in the truck were yelling at anyone.

Virtually all of you pro-assaulters have claimed the same thing.
When are one of you going to put your money where your mouth is, and prove it?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonnieprince
People must stop living in the past!
The amount of things in this thread i've seen mentioning founding fathers and flag our ancestors died for and such is ridiculous.

1. The founding fathers were not some gods who knew what the future would hold, they were humans, yes visionary at the time, but the USA and the world has completely different challenges today. The world is not the same as it was then, back then Texas was owned by the Spanish and native americans hadn't been completely decimated for the settlers to move to the west. The thing is they didn't know what the future held, they didn't write in clauses for immigration, they didn't know the Irish would come over (which im sure many of us have ancestors who came over in that wave). They didn't know one day there would be world wars. They didn't know a lot about what the future held. America needs to adapt to the new world, you spread an idea of freedom and equality around the globe, but don't want to give it back in your own country.

Yes an immigrant policy is good, but the problem is you arn't going to stop anything until you address the reasons people are coming over here. Help Mexico develop more opportunities for its people, so they don't have to come to a land who once upon a time welcomed people with that mantra. Stop your companies employing illegal immigrants, they will always come if you don't do this, if the government won't, then organise a peaceful, grassroots campaign of boycotts of these companies. If you don't like it do something other than say you'd bash them if you had the chance, that just makes you no better than them and escalates things.

On history, people never fought for a flag, they fought for what it stands for, freedom. If you want to uphold this symbol, you let people knock down your flag and say 'you know, thats ok because you're free to do so'. That would show them what it really means to be American.

Best post I have read in this thread!
Kudos to you!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Solemnly, freely, and without mental reservation, I hereby renounce under oath all allegiance to any foreign state. My fidelity and allegiance from this day forward is to the United States of America. I pledge to support, honor, and be loyal to the United States, its Constitution, and its laws. Where and if lawfully required, I further commit myself to defend the Constitution and laws of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, either by military, noncombatant, or civilian service. This I do solemnly swear, so help me God.

So, wouldn't flying a Mexican flag be showing allegiance to a foreign state?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

This is such a good point. Amazing that no one has brought it up. That phrase "people who thinks it's 'everybody else' when the problem is them". I don't think the people who are being objected to would be happy, or get along, anywhere. They are, by definition, antisocial.

en.wikipedia.org...

Anti-social behaviour (with or without hyphen) is behaviour that lacks consideration for others and that may cause damage to society, whether intentionally or through negligence, as opposed to pro-social behaviour, behaviour that helps or benefits society

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by i944002
reply to post by ker2010

Deport them all.

Now. This has gone too far. Mexico for Mexicans, America for Americans.

I'm guessing that you mean "deport all of the illegal immigrants, regardless of their nationalities"?
There are legal Mexican-Americans you know? Otherwise, who would you consider true Americans? Chinese-Americans, Italian-Americans, Native Americans, etc.?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join