It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hispanic student knocks down american flag

page: 15
49
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010
 


I think before the discussion of closing or opening borders can be seriously discussed. Legalization of cannabis needs to occur to put a serious curb to cartel violence. And thus border violence, and the form of illegal immigration that does bring with it undesirables.

Only once you eliminate drug violence as the prime talking point, can you begin to have an honest discussion on the actual impact open borders would have on the economy and crime.




posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire

Im sorry if i take a huge issue with a spoiled little brat who knocked down the symbol my ancestors died and fought to keep aloft. Its disrespectful and a insult to the blood that was shed for it. and im sorry if i get pissed when you say i should just 'get over it' because 'its only a flag'.



My father was in the army 20 years, my sister was in the Navy, my brother just hopped on a plane for his 4th tour of Iraq and my husband is getting ready for his 4th stint in the middle east. Never play that card with me.

People can burn the flag, stomp on it, spit on it, if it's their property. If it's not yours, well, don't touch it. At the end of the day it's a flag that simply represents certain ideals. The destruction of a flag is not the destruction of those ideals. Ironically, if you drop the flag you have to burn it according to flag code anyway.



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
reply to post by tauempire
 


I fail to see the hypocrisy in calling you a racist, and how that somehow relates to the notion your post will be deleted for swearing, and being a bigot (if not racist).

But then your response to me arguing how coming across the border illegally makes you "dirty". But given your mentality it will be something along the lines of, "because they had to...[insert ignorant remarl]...to get into the country".

And thus concludes another lovely episode of, "Denying Ones Own Ignorance".


There you go calling me a bigot again. The hypocrisy is that he said i would have my post removed because i was 'flaming' and somehow you folks dont consider calling someone falsely of being a racist flaming? being called racist is a insult and is meant to marginalize the point of view you dont agree with.

You think that if somehow you have the moral highground that it makes it okay for you to insult someone?

you also called me ignorant...more hypocrisy.

i also fail to see how calling illegals dirty is being a 'bigot'.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by tauempire]

[edit on 11-5-2010 by tauempire]



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown
 


OK i agree with the legalization of MJ but if we do that and open borders does everyone in the world have the right to come to america unchecked?



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tauempire
 


Resulting to the use of negative adjectives to describe a person you dislike is well within the spectrum of bigot - racist. Especially when those negative adjectives, ie. insults are directed towards a particular ethnic group.

Whereas I am calling you a big and racist for your remarks. Not your ethnicity or nationality.



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
And if White guys choose to hang a american flag out of their own DAMN car they got a right too.


If a person goes out in public to argue against somebody else while using something to taunt another person, whether it be a gun, a flag or a bible, they are only looking for an argument.

Those individuals would not have had a problem if they kept to themselves but instead they decided to join into an argument and they used the flag as a way to spite at somebody else. If BOTH sides would have kept civil and stayed to their opinions, the incident would not have occured.


The american flag hanging out a window


That american flag in the video was not merely 'hanging out of a window', the man was holding it. By the way, what happened to the full video? Why was it cut to this point? Are we to assume this man was innocently driving past? What made you assume there was nothing more to the video?



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia
 


Do you agree with Illegal immigration yes or no



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
All these racial and cultural divisions here in America, anger, hatred...
And diversity is supposed to be a good thing?



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by antonia
 


Do you agree with Illegal immigration yes or no


No, I didn't think that was the subject at hand anyway. I thought it was "Hispanic student knocks down american flag". Why would my opinion on Illegal Immigration matter in the context of this incident? So why are you asking me? Is it really any of your business at the end of the day?



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by ker2010
And if White guys choose to hang a american flag out of their own DAMN car they got a right too.


If a person goes out in public to argue against somebody else while using something to taunt another person, whether it be a gun, a flag or a bible, they are only looking for an argument.

Those individuals would not have had a problem if they kept to themselves but instead they decided to join into an argument and they used the flag as a way to spite at somebody else. If BOTH sides would have kept civil and stayed to their opinions, the incident would not have occured.


The american flag hanging out a window


That american flag in the video was not merely 'hanging out of a window', the man was holding it. By the way, what happened to the full video? Why was it cut to this point? Are we to assume this man was innocently driving past? What made you assume there was nothing more to the video?



WHY DID THE AMERICAN FLAG spite legalized immigrants?

That makes a lot of sense. Go to someone else's country become legalized and then talk crap about the country and disrespect its flag.

GENIUS!



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
reply to post by tauempire
 


Resulting to the use of negative adjectives to describe a person you dislike is well within the spectrum of bigot - racist. Especially when those negative adjectives, ie. insults are directed towards a particular ethnic group.

Whereas I am calling you a big and racist for your remarks. Not your ethnicity or nationality.


See what im talking about? there he goes insulting me again. Your a bigot yourself you know...its pretty sad you dont even see it. Sitting up on your ivory tower and its ironic that you cant see how your acting lol.



[edit on 11-5-2010 by tauempire]



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia
 


Because i see you post in a lot of the illegal immigrants threads and you have not once verified your beliefs. So im just asking yes or no to illegal immigration. Are you scared of your belief

[edit on 11-5-2010 by ker2010]



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois
All these racial and cultural divisions here in America, anger, hatred...
And diversity is supposed to be a good thing?


THIS IS WHAT IM SAYING!!



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
People must stop living in the past!
The amount of things in this thread i've seen mentioning founding fathers and flag our ancestors died for and such is ridiculous.

1. The founding fathers were not some gods who knew what the future would hold, they were humans, yes visionary at the time, but the USA and the world has completely different challenges today. The world is not the same as it was then, back then Texas was owned by the Spanish and native americans hadn't been completely decimated for the settlers to move to the west. The thing is they didn't know what the future held, they didn't write in clauses for immigration, they didn't know the Irish would come over (which im sure many of us have ancestors who came over in that wave). They didn't know one day there would be world wars. They didn't know a lot about what the future held. America needs to adapt to the new world, you spread an idea of freedom and equality around the globe, but don't want to give it back in your own country.

Yes an immigrant policy is good, but the problem is you arn't going to stop anything until you address the reasons people are coming over here. Help Mexico develop more opportunities for its people, so they don't have to come to a land who once upon a time welcomed people with that mantra. Stop your companies employing illegal immigrants, they will always come if you don't do this, if the government won't, then organise a peaceful, grassroots campaign of boycotts of these companies. If you don't like it do something other than say you'd bash them if you had the chance, that just makes you no better than them and escalates things.

On history, people never fought for a flag, they fought for what it stands for, freedom. If you want to uphold this symbol, you let people knock down your flag and say 'you know, thats ok because you're free to do so'. That would show them what it really means to be American.



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Cool thing is some American born Mexican will be first.
He/She will be waving a Mexican flag spouting crap and they will be arrested for being a dissident. But I will say nothing because I’m not of Hispanic descent.
Then they will take a crazy group of militia guys because they are conspiring, but I will say nothing because I am not in their militia.
1 shiny nickel for anyone who can guess what happens next.
If you find you don’t know what is next please look it up.
Just my 2 cents.



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
WHY DID THE AMERICAN FLAG spite legalized immigrants?


The American flag itself was not used to spite against the illegal immigrants. The individuals in the car decided to go out and make comments outside that car and the american flag was used as a way to taunt the other individuals.

This incident was NOT about the american flag itself so please stop pretending it was.


Go to someone else's country become legalized and then talk crap about the country and disrespect its flag.


Why? WHERE in the constitution must a citizen learn english?? Where in the constitution must a citizen or legal resident practice a culture? It is in no part of the constitution because we have the FREEDOM to speak what we want and practice which ever culture we want, it is a 1st ammendment right. If you don't like it, why don't you MOVE to another country where you are FORCED to abide by one view and culture.



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by antonia
 


Because i see you post in a lot of the illegal immigrants threads and you have not once verified your beliefs. So im just asking yes or no to illegal immigration. Are you scared of your belief

[edit on 11-5-2010 by ker2010]


I've discussed the subject at hand in each on of those threads. I don't think every illegal immigrant thread gives me some carte blanche excuse to come out ranting. My opinions are rather nuanced. If you can't understand that, it's just not my problem. At the end of the say the thread title is: Hispanic student knocks down american flag. That's the subject and I will stick to discussing that. I do not feel I am obligated to explain every feeling on I have on the issue of illegal immigration to you. In the context of this thread it's rather pointless considering the kids in question were all born here anyway.



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Cool thing is some American born Mexican will be first.
He/She will be waving a Mexican flag spouting crap and they will be arrested for being a dissident. But I will say nothing because I’m not of Hispanic descent.
Then they will take a crazy group of militia guys because they are conspiring, but I will say nothing because I am not in their militia.
1 shiny nickel for anyone who can guess what happens next.
If you find you don’t know what is next please look it up.
Just my 2 cents.


Regardless no hispanic should be sprouting crap and waving a mexican flag in america.


[edit on 11-5-2010 by tauempire]

[edit on 11-5-2010 by tauempire]



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by mryanbrown
 


OK i agree with the legalization of MJ but if we do that and open borders does everyone in the world have the right to come to america unchecked?


If we take the principles of pre-bankrupt America where we had a massive influx of Irish, Scottish, English, Polish, Italian, Chinese, etc immigrating into this country. It was relatively easy. In fact it was nearly an open border policy. And it worked wonders for this nation as a whole.

They essentially had to sign a register, and find a job. Then after they lived here for a certain amount of years without violating any of our laws (back then true common law, not this statutory rape system we have now) then they could apply for citizenship. They were still protected under the law without being a citizen.

This notion of legal/illegal resident is insanely relatively new.

Even more wonderful is that each of these immigrant cultures adapted to the cultural work ethic of America. And still maintained their own culture in their home life. This is what allowed for the amazing growth in America we haven't seen in the past 80+ years.

Our science has advanced, on the backs of slave and child labor with horrendous work conditions in 3rd world countries. Some are now world powers, still controlling their labor force with a modern version of slavery. Far less lavish than the system of slavery we are accustomed too.

And we sacrificed our liberties to do it. And now people don't even realize they're sacrificing their humanity to do it. And they have the nerve to be offended at what two AMERICANS who happened to be hispanic did to a flag that those "white" AMERICANS were already spitting on with their attitude of using it as an excuse to incite discrimination.



posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Originally posted by ker2010
WHY DID THE AMERICAN FLAG spite legalized immigrants?

The American flag itself was not used to spite against the illegal immigrants. The individuals in the car decided to go out and make comments outside that car and the american flag was used as a way to taunt the other individuals.

This incident was NOT about the american flag itself so please stop pretending it was.





You respect your heritage and culture but RESPECT the countrys you immigrated too as well. See thats the problem they only wanna respect their culture and not ours.

It's a matter of character. And now, these teenagers are proclaiming that Cinquo de Mayo is their *national* holiday. And that the United States is not their country!!!!

And how do you know the american flag wasnt just offensive to the protester?? YOU DONT ! So stop claiming you know.



[edit on 11-5-2010 by ker2010]



new topics

top topics



 
49
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join