It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanic student knocks down american flag

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

People aren't always what they claim to be .

L2.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Get over it! Big Deal! A couple of kids going at it! Wooooopty Doooo!reply to post by ker2010

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
No other country in the world would allow this on its own soil. Its sad they have such low respect for the flag a lot of our grandparents , parents have fought or died for. Knocking down the american flag while waving the mexican one. It so baffles me how their are people in this country who have no problems with this.

www.liveleak.com...

That's a big generalization... You do know there are many nationalities of "hispanics", and all of us, not even most of us agree with what this guy did, right?....

It is very racist to generalize like that.. How about I compare every extremely white, blue eyed person to Mcveigh?...

They, as in "hispanics" are not all like this man... I am hispanic, and I don't think what he did is right.

So please leave the KKK indoctrination out, and inform yourself better.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Spanish is the language of the conqueror

K, I'm done.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Spanish is the language of the conqueror

K, I'm done.

So was English, so was German, so was Japanese, so was Chinese, so was Russian, etc, etc, etc...

I wonder why certain people make so many racist comments about people who speak Spanish....

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
reply to post by lee anoma

I made no claim to your ethnicity, the only claim I made was most of the individuals who have a problem with what this individual did are nothing more than racists.

No you didn't.
You said:

Read my post and you'll see what I believe the true reason you people have a problem with it. L2 Read before critiquing.

Where did you say "most"?

You said when white people burn the flag it's not an issue and we're all upset because this guy was Hispanic.

You told me to learn to read yet you forgot what you wrote in it.
You just seem keen on race-bating.

And lets get at your logic a bit here. Because a hispanic looking woman makes a comment about a hispanic looking male, that somehow validates anything you have to say? The fact that you are bringing race into your argument further solidifies my position.

Lets look at your logic:

Its okay to knock the flag out of peoples hands as they drive by in a vehicle and the only woman smart enough to say that this is not the right way to address the problem and only serves to further agitate the situation should be ignored.

Was she wrong?

You have yet to even clarify what you meant by "you people".
You said that twice, and also forgot you brought up race in your own post I quoted.

Both of your posts and more than once.
It was the very crux of your argument.

You claimed everyone who disagreed with the behavior on this video were racists.

Further emphasizing race and generalizing EVERY person with an opinion you don't like and marginalizing those that have an issue with this that has nothing to do with race at all.

Nice work.
Bad memory.
Horrible polarizing argument.

- Lee

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

No other country in the world would allow this on its own soil. Its sad they have such low respect for the flag a lot of our grandparents , parents have fought or died for. Knocking down the american flag while waving the mexican one. It so baffles me how their are people in this country who have no problems with this.

www.liveleak.com...

That's a big generalization... You do know there are many nationalities of "hispanics", and all of us, not even most of us agree with what this guy did, right?....

It is very racist to generalize like that.. How about I compare every extremely white, blue eyed person to Mcveigh?...

They, as in "hispanics" are not all like this man... I am hispanic, and I don't think what he did is right.

So please leave the KKK indoctrination out, and inform yourself better.

KKK indoctrination? WTF are you talking about

1) Have i rallied to lynch a hispanic? No

2) Have i said the white race is superior? NO

3) Did i call anyone a beano? NO

I said a hispanic grabbed a flag and threw it on the ground. I stated a fact.
If it had been a white guy i woulda said white guy, black a black guy etc

The true racists are the ones who see a racist issue in everything even when it has nothing to do with race.

There are many racists in this thread. They are the ones derailing the thread and making it a race issue. race this ,,, race that for the love of god people shut up about race.

Go defend planet x some more

[edit on 10-5-2010 by ker2010]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
I'm pleased to see that we have others on this board to see beyond the manipulation that is obvious to my self and a few others that is taking place every day in the media. Geez....baaaaaah, sheeple much ATS?

I said that two or three pages ago --> reply to post by lee anoma

I even said that the guys in the truck were likely looking to antagonize the group but that by attempting to assault and batter them the Hispanic student played right into their hands and gave them further ammunition to build their case.

He also could have been charged with a crime, and not only did he allow himself to be baited, he helped create the manipulation itself.

The fact of the matter is that it was the wrong approach to the problem, any problem, and my suggestion would be to wave an American flag right back at them. Show them that pride in the country of your racial heritage and love for the Country you now live in aren't meant to be seen as a divisive wedge.

Something the level-headed Mexican-American organizing proper protests and demonstrations have always advocated because they know this sort of behavior serves only to build up further resentment.

I know some people in the thread will have missed all of that and even this post right here and just keep claiming that we're all just out to get Hispanics or that it would be different if a White person knocked your flag out of your hands.

The right to desecrate a flag in the United States doesn't carry over into OTHER people you don't know that own flags, just your own!

Why even bring up First Amendment to the United States Constitution if you don't understand what it applies to?

He was wrong no mater what race he is and he could have been charged.
Plain and simple.

- Lee

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnybravo666
who cares its just a flag dosn't mean any thing it might of use to mean some thing but not now. The country isnt treated properly by the people who control it including the government. Shouldn't be called america any more cause how its going its looking like the place is going more and more down hill so don't see what the big deal.
Sorry to say this but who cares if people went to war for your country when u think about it a war is just about money and when going to war your just going to go and kill some one else, do you really think that the right thing to do.

There should be no wars no matter what, it isn't right to kill another person, for your country honestly that just a load of crap.

"Who cares its just a flag doesn't mean any thing".?? What an ignorant
rant by someone that obviously isn't American. It's the American flag,
and it's respected still by a heck of a lot Americans. What would you know
about respecting this nation? And we have a lot of respect for our
military veterans here. These same veterans probably pulled your a$$
out and came to your rescue at one time. Think about that the next time
you want to disrespect the USA.

[snip]

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

No other country in the world would allow this on its own soil.

Actually, the US is the only place that really cares so much about their flag.

Other countries like their flags and everything, but they stop short of losing their minds over something like this.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by oconnection
I'm pleased to see that we have others on this board to see beyond the manipulation that is obvious to my self and a few others that is taking place every day in the media. Geez....baaaaaah, sheeple much ATS?

I said that two or three pages ago --> reply to post by lee anoma

I even said that the guys in the truck were likely looking to antagonize the group but that by attempting to assault and batter them the Hispanic student played right into their hands and gave them further ammunition to build their case.

He also could have been charged with a crime, and not only did he allow himself to be baited, he helped create the manipulation itself.

The fact of the matter is that it was the wrong approach to the problem, any problem, and my suggestion would be to wave an American flag right back at them. Show them that pride in the country of your racial heritage and love for the Country you now live in aren't meant to be seen as a divisive wedge.

Something the level-headed Mexican-American organizing proper protests and demonstrations have always advocated because they know this sort of behavior serves only to build up further resentment.

I know some people in the thread will have missed all of that and even this post right here and just keep claiming that we're all just out to get Hispanics or that it would be different if a White person knocked your flag out of your hands.

The right to desecrate a flag in the United States doesn't carry over into OTHER people you don't know that own flags, just your own!

Why even bring up First Amendment to the United States Constitution if you don't understand what it applies to?

He was wrong no mater what race he is and he could have been charged.
Plain and simple.

- Lee

I noticed this in the epic beard man thread where the old man beat up the black guy (hope that doesnt make me racist) because he hit him.

People kept trying to say the old man was in the wrong but the old man didnt swing or hit first.

A lot of people here seem to think words said that offend someone can allow them to attack you without breaking the law.

Doesnt matter what the guys said he turned it physical.

link   

Originally posted by Cornczech

Originally posted by pablos
reply to post by ker2010

Sorta like how your country gained the state this happened in, and texas, and arizona?

you're in f+++ing AUSTRALIA.....what the hell do you know about American history? I GREW UP IN TEXAS......and we beat those guys FAIR AND SQUARE....and Texas was WON.......
Arizona, New Mexico.....waaaaa.....waaaaa.....waaaaaa.....waaaaaaaa.....
If Mexico had its way.....nobody would be scrambling to get into these states because the Mexicans that illegally went there will have already FUBARed them.....

I am quickly thinking that this ATS place...that I used to LOVE to come to and converse with fellow minded people...is full of agitators who have NO CLUE what they are trying to start fights about.....just out to sling trash.....

Gee....stay in Australia's business and out of the Southwests......

Texas is not a state to be proud of.

link   
These people that did this, do not represent their race, they represent their ignorance as individuals. I know very respectful and grateful Mexicans, hispanic people. It is a shame that these punks did this, and got publicity..

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risen

No other country in the world would allow this on its own soil.

Actually, the US is the only place that really cares so much about their flag.

Other countries like their flags and everything, but they stop short of losing their minds over something like this.

Its not about the flag its about showing respect in the country you are in.

You invite a guest into your house. They get a coffee mug off your table and shatter it.

Do you say ohh it was just a $2 mug no big deal. Or do you stand up and say show some respect in my house?

NOONE is even mentioning the fact these are suppose to be mexican americans so why would they not fly the american flag along with the mexican in their protest?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
The oddest thing is you hate someone doing this, even those the constitution gives them the right to do this and protects their freedom. If you truly believed in your countries foundations you would support this individuals rights to do this.

The constitution does not give him the right to do what he did in that video and it constitutes a crime.

If you don't believe me then deface, burn, or destroy a flag in the yard of a stranger and wait for the police to arrive to see what happens.

Some of you will apparently be shocked.

- Lee

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

KKK indoctrination? WTF are you talking about

1) Have i rallied to lynch a hispanic? No

2) Have i said the white race is superior? NO

3) Did i call anyone a beano? NO

I said a hispanic grabbed a flag and threw it on the ground. I stated a fact.
If it had been a white guy i woulda said white guy, black a black guy etc

So you made a thread, and name it "Hispanic student Knocks out american flag", and then you say, and I quote...

Its sad they have such low respect for the flag a lot of our grandparents , parents have fought or died for.

Yet you want to claim I am the racist?...

The man is Mexican, perhaps you should have stated so in the title of the thread, and not made a generalization of hispanics as being like this man... Only then I would believe your claim that you were/are not racist.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
We can't know what the guy in the car said to the Mexican. Depending on what he said, I would have knocked down that flag too. Not to diss the US, but rather because I know it would piss off that dude immensely.

And to the ppl who get seriously outraged about this...comon'...we got so many issues, and you really act as if you had sand in your vags because of this minor incident? Pretty sad...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

They referring to the people at the rally. Your not gonna bait me buddy. Go preach about the annunaki

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Check out this thread.

An American teacher in California called a 13-year old's drawing of the American flag offensive!! Seems like everyone wants to destroy a piece of American Patriotism now a days.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
Check out this thread.

An American teacher in California called a 13-year old's drawing of the American flag offensive!! Seems like everyone wants to destroy a piece of American Patriotism now a days.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And i bet all the sympathizers agree with the teacher

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join