It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Finance Ministers Agree on Euro Stabilization Package

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

EU Finance Ministers Agree on Euro Stabilization Package

www1.voanews.com

The European Union has cobbled a last ditch, $960 billion safety net for financially struggling members, hoping to calm fears that the Greek financial crisis will spread to other countries using the euro currency.

European Union finance ministers worked through the night to come up with a massive financial backstop for other weaker economies in the 16-nation eurozone. They wanted to announce the measure before financial markets opened for business this week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
business.timesonline.co.uk
www.reuters.com
online.wsj.com
www.marketwatch.com

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

From left, Luxembourg's Economy Minister Luc Frieden, Greek Finance Minister George Papaconstantinou, Austrian Finance Minister Josef Proell, and Portuguese Finance Minister Fernando Teixeira Dos Santos speak during an emergency meeting of EU finance ministers in Brussels, 09 May 2010.

The treacherous Greek political elite have sold their country and their people to the globalist EU, IMF, ECB and other criminal financial banksters like Goldman Sucks, Citigroup and JP Morgan Stanlry so that the Greek financial system can be monopolized and corrupted.

www1.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'd just like to put this theory of mine out there and see what you guys think.

To me this all seems like a cleverly engineered attempt to artificially prop up the dollar as a competitive currency! Let me explain my reasoning.

Already labeled a 'morphine shot' for the situation instead of a solution, this action consigns the euro to an uncompetitve position vs. the dollar. Add this to the possibility of the portuguese, spanish and maybe even irish markets collapsing, the dollar could potentially become 1:1 with the euro in the next year or so!

This will make it easy for the MSM to start declaring a full recovery of the U.S. market and restore faith in the dollar as the global banking currency.
As far as I can see we can kiss goodbye the idea of the fed reserve being held accountable for anything for the forseeable future.

Anyone out there agree or care to rip me to shreds for a half-baked theory?

As for Greece all I've got to say is state pension for all at 53 yrs of age? C'mon watcha expect!?

join