It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs light up the skies in Wales

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Hello all again,

I enjoy keeping an eye on Welsh UFO's, and here is another caught in the dark sky over Swansea.

Its a very uncommon site as you know, but this one has got itself as a video on a main stream website, and so will probably get on Welsh national TV too.

UFO's in Swansea article + video

The former engineering tutor, 53, said: “I saw this orange glow and thought what was that? Most nights I see the police helicopter hovering over Baglan. I grabbed the camera and started filming. I couldn’t zoom in because my hand was shaking.”

What you think guys, I had a look and it looks pretty good to me...

I keep looking, but I never see anything unusual.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by multichild

I saw the same thing about two months ago, however it was in daylight, i thought it was a plane on fire or a comet, DEFINITLY NOT A CHINESE LANTERN. Im in Swansea as well, thats just a coincidence unless there after our delightful fresh seafood delights!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I saw the exact same thingtoo. On the outskirts of Cardiff back in October at about 10.00pm. Moved very erratically at first, but definitely intelligently controlled. And then sped off into the west with increasing acceleration until it was going extremely fast. It made no sound and brightened significantly, as though it were powering up, before it sped off.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by the.lights]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hi darkday, or it could be the Ospreys new summer signing.

Nice to meet you, I live in Chepstow, just the proper side of the enemies gate!

Its fantastic that Wales gets a look in isnt it, with some UFO sightings.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Possibly but you can hardly see the damn thing, it's so far away... could be anything.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It's frustrating that the witness in the article doesn't say how the object made it's exit, if it zoomed off at high speed that would rule out lanterns. This seems to happen alot in these news reports as if the reporter doesn't think it's important.

Wales seems to have been a hotspot for UFO activity for years. I saw a couple there my self in 2008 and was told by someone who lives there that they 'see them all the time' but talking about it gives him the creeps.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

hiya, no i definitly dont think it was Osprey related in anyway , you know what i mean, with regard to the siteing, its the first time ive ever seen anything like this actually, and even though i do believe in ufo s id never seen any to substantiate that belief. It was about 6 10 on a sunday night, and my young daughter came running in the house saying, mammy come and see this thing in the sky, its a ufo. Automatically i said 'dont be silly, cant be etc' but when i got outside there it was, a ball of fire travelling across the sky at tremedous speed. Its daft now, but at the time i thought the end of the world might just have come. Then i just disappeared into the horizon. This is my one and only ufo story!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hi darkday, ye i know mate, I was only joking...

It must be fantastic to at least think that you have experienced or witnessed something. I could lie and say I've seen odd things, but other than the very bright light /star we had in the sky a year or so back, that's about the only odd experience I have had.

From the other poster, it seems Wales is a bit of a hot spot. I suppose if it is an actual UFO then I suppose why not, its a part of the earth, but if its military, then the mountains, the brecon beacons, and all the other open areas, would be a good area to practice without being seen.

I still though question the whole UFO thing, until some footage appears that basically blows everything else out of the water, which I am yet to see.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I know, lights in the sky are at the end of the day lights in the sky. I dont think we'll have absolute conclusive proof until we see an ET being interviewed on This Morning, by Holly Willoughby, but then again it could just be Lady Gaga in another disguise ! Ill keep watching the skies though cos it was exciting.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Multichild.....

Sorry.....

I can't really come to any conclusions from that video.

if I was to hazard a guess, I'd say the colour is very similar to that of a Chinese lantern. However beyond that, there's no real info to go on.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
my uncle filmed a ufo while on the way to work (from pontypridd to somewhere near swansea i think) and that same ufo was recorded by police helecopter, i wish i had that footage on me but i'll try to get it.

im living in wales and was born here and when someone says they've seen a ufo, check if the person is wobbling a bit cause he might be drunk and unable to focus properly on a helecopter, plane or street light.

i have noticed an increase in ufo sightings in wales

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Ye I agree, its very difficult to get anything out of it. But what is also interesting mind you, is the attention that UFO's are getting nowadays. There seems to be a bit more attention give to even slightly speculative UFO video's, and so with that you have to think of the bigger picture.

There has been so much information posted on the internet, about the next big enemy coming from out of space to take over from terrorism, that tyeing in with a new world order, and maybe, just maybe we will be alive during times of unprecedented changes, and hopefully for the better.

Thanks all

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

By the way multi, what i saw was exactly the same as the object in the film,i just dont see how a ball of fire travelling at an enormous speed can be military. Anyway guess well maybe find out one day.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
2 of us saw exactly the same thing oct 31st 10.30 pm an orange light/ball travelling from south to east at a great speed, it eventually disappeared out of sight! No sound just in a straight very fast line!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Looks like a typical amber/orange type ufo orb. These things are getting really normal these days.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
isn't it weired that all the best footage of ufos was from some time ago, all we get these days are dots, orbs, blurs and funny shaped clouds.
HD is not nearly everywhere enough. hurry up and get some good cameras because you cant zoom in with your 1990's camera.
and camera phones are a big waste of time for this type of filming.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I also saw a reddish-orange orb in Derbyshire travelling at speed with another one higher up. It was when the planes were in no-fly mode due to volcanic action, the sky was clear and there was very little wind. I have looked around the internet and found many similar sightings, sometimes put down as Chinese lanterns. I am pretty certain this was not what I saw. However, as someone said on this thread, they are "getting pretty normal". Does anyone know of any credible explanation for what they are, apart from Chinese lanterns?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jax11

east asian lanterns?

sorry..
this lantern thing is usually the case but im glad that some people like to think and share rather than assume.

last year me friends and i decided to go to england for some camping, we were in a field right next to some weird isolated small church where some upper class people were enjoying a drink and a whaff, we were all fairly stoned inside the tent when suddenly it got bright from above, instantly we all shut up and scrambled out of the tent to see what we all thought was a ufo but saw it was just chinese laterns set off by the church guys, they laughed... or should i say whaffed.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Some of the reports I have read do not seem to be Chinese lanterns, but if not, then what are they? Balls of energy - natural, terrestrial?

Also, to the person who sent me a U2U, sorry I cannot reply just yet - I am fairly new to this site and still have to complete my 20 posts. Will respond when I have.

Jax 11

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I saw something very similar to this last night. I went outside the door in work for a smoke at about 11pm. When i looked up i saw a bright red/orange glow in the sky that was pulsating dim/bright.

It didn't move in a straight line but almost like a curve. I was able to see it for 15-20 seconds before it disappeared into the distance.

I am in Ireland which is very close to Wales.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join