It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polish Pop Star Risks Prison For Criticizing The Bible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Polish Pop Singer Dorota Rabczewska risks up to 2 years in prison for saying that the Bible was written by people who "drank too much wine and smoked herbal cigarettes"

www.newpolandexpress.pl...

If I've understood it right, the incident is still under investigation, no prosecution just yet.

Still, I believe that if we allow ourselves to be outraged by fatwas issued over people criticizing the so called Prophet Mohammed and Islam, then we must equally be outraged by a possible prison sentence for criticizing the Bible.

Especially since what she said could have grains of truth in it. Not that the Bible was written by drunks and druggies, but it seems established that alcohol and cannabis were substances integrated in ancient judaic religious rituals and ceremonies.

But of course, the real issue here is not the veracity of the statements, but free speech.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
this is totaly mental if she gets done but its probly an old out of date law. atleast nobody want to chop her up for it tho

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Jail for criticizing a book?

The bible is a book...a novel...this is unreal

lines

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Yea then the makers of Southpark are lucky they are not Polish....

still a stupid trumped up charge though. I thought the polish authorities had more sense. Obviously not.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets

lines

Actually the Holy Bible is a library of books written by people of different backgrounds, social status and education. It consist of history, prophecies, letters, poetry, songs and miraculously all flows together revealing the divine plan of God.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

now it seems to me that free speech creates more problems than it solves.

just because you can say it doesnt means you should, i mean there will always be that one person who gets offended

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets

lines

if its a book that doesnt mean you can sh*t on it, clearly there are people who believe in that book and find truth in it, so why criticise it? what difference is that going to make for the individual who criticizes the book? what good is going to come out from it for him/her?

people cant go around saying stupid things and offending people and just say free speech, they need to respect other faiths, maybe then we'll have more understanding. but until then you'll always hear of some ignorant person saying ignorant things and creating conflicts

this new world is

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
That book is a piece of filthy old junk, a stinking relic of our less developed times. I spit on that book, and I wish this lady the best in her efforts to do the same.

Fairytales are for children.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

well then call me a child-you know I used to say it was all just something for the weakminded (specifically Christians) and one night as I began to open a small green Gideon NT I heard an audible voice that said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish-AWESTRUCK (not being raised religious or knowing any scripts) I stood to my feet and said yes Lord and came across this years later-

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.-John3.16

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-John1.12

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

"18:27 But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?" - 2 Kings

"6:28,29 And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son." - 2 Kings

"23:20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of a horse." - Ezekiel

Hmm, maybe these fairytales are unsuitable for children.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

See you just proved it, you didn't need a book at all, the lord audibly spoke to you. Why would you ever need a book, that being the case. ; )

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds
That book is a piece of filthy old junk, a stinking relic of our less developed times. I spit on that book, and I wish this lady the best in her efforts to do the same.

Apparently its more than a piece of filthy old junk or you wouldn't hate it so much.

Unless you are one of the ignorant people who just hate for no reason other then its the popular thing at the time.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
And yet again proof the human race is stuck in the dark ages.. Condemning someone for speaking out against a collection of primitive superstition that has caused and continues to cause bloodshed and misery in the world.. Humanity will never learn as long as individuals remain blinded by primitive superstition and millions more will be slaughtered in the name of religion..

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, and it is founded on better promises.

What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come.

" 'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two

Together they will be like mighty men trampling the muddy streets in battle. Because the LORD is with them, they will fight and overthrow the horsemen

have depth of insight

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing.

for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

spiritual truths not wise sounding words

it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.

remember I heard a voice that the NT confirms

Christ has indeed been raised from the dead

subject matter subject matter

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Humanity will never learn as long as individuals remain blinded by primitive superstition and millions more will be slaughtered in the name of religion..

I'm of no religious denomination myself, but I've never understood this mindset.
Surely you don't think that if religion ceased tomorrow that groups of humans would suddenly stop fighting and attempting to dominate another set of humans ?
If not religion, then they'll find another reason to. You only need to see the pathetic reasons that some murderers have for killing their victims to see that it doesn't take much for a human to kill another.

How is killing in the name of a religion any different to what the Nazis or communist Soviet, Chinese and Cambodians did in the name of their political ideology ? I see exactly the same modus operandi.
Maybe we should all wish for political views to cease, because they cause so many deaths around the world.

If someone is an atheist or thinks religion is a load of bunk, then they must logically see religion as a symptom of the problem rather than the cause. The cause, of course, is evolution and human nature - not religion.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AABacon

on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit

"Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If I burn a bible and stomp on it, and YOU get offended, YOU are the one choosing to get offended. I am not forcing you to get offended. It's ridiculous how people say "You can't speak your views on this book because I consider it holy."

The only thing more holy than religion (har har) is free speech! Never give that right up people!!!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

I'm so glad you told me that...I shall continue till avoid this rubbish....how can people believe this is the word of a creator?

Religion is bull

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds

Well then you should be all about the fairytales judging from your attitude here.

It is foolish to arrest someone for putting down the Bible, God, or the people who wrote the Bible for many reasons. The one reason that worries me most is that the goodness and truth of the Bible will become as a joke if people start to prosecute people who talk against it.

A wise person would respond to such statements as the singer made with laughter and offer the ignorant person a beer to sit and discuss the realities of the situation and then agree to disagree and become friends based on understanding.

But what do I know?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lamb11
If I burn a bible and stomp on it, and YOU get offended, YOU are the one choosing to get offended. I am not forcing you to get offended. It's ridiculous how people say "You can't speak your views on this book because I consider it holy."

The only thing more holy than religion (har har) is free speech! Never give that right up people!!!

Actually it goes both ways friend. If you know that you could possibly offend people with what you do and you still do it, then you are finally responsible for disrupting their peace. If you did not know that you would actually offend people, then you are simply expressing yourself without the intent to disrupt.

I'm not saying that sometimes disruption should not take place because people need to become stronger and have more resolve than to worry about what someone thinks of them.

However, you become the challenger and that makes you the one who takes the evil side. Do not claim no responsibility when you are responsible.

Free speech is good, but it is most certainly used for evil as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join