It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Says Be A Teacher, Or Be A Deathmetal Singer, You Can't Be Both.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Here's a band I was in for until 04. Sadly I'm not in the video. This is a "death metal" band, of the melodic variety. One of these guys is a music teacher. Although this is a "tame" video, at one point there was corpse paint and girlie dancers.
The first amendment rules, and the UK stinks.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

Covered in animal blood, How and Why? Where do they get this blood.

I'll hazard a guess & say animals.

Its possible that it is fake, like the old vampire blood capsules.

vampire blood capsules.
www.vampirecostumes.com...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

If you knew anything about Vocal ability in Death Metal you'd know that gutteral vocals can only be achievable only by inhaled or exhaled breathing, it takes extreme mastering to be able to do either.
You cant just grab joe-bloggs off the street and say "sound like Chris Barnes for the day"

I tried this out of curiousity & coughed my guts out because it annoyed my thoat so much.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by acrux]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

The first amendment rules, and the UK stinks.

I understand the fist amendment remark, bu what does his have to do with the UK. The artist/teache is in Germany.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is why I can't stand people. They are quick to judge the book by its cover. Yet, they would trust a clean cut guy and then that clean cut guy screws them over. I tell my buddy why he wants to be a teacher because he doesn't care what people think of him. When he does something wrong by a person's "eyes" he will wish he never took that job.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
reply to post by riffraff

If you knew anything about Vocal ability in Death Metal you'd know that gutteral vocals can only be achievable only by inhaled or exhaled breathing, it takes extreme mastering to be able to do either.
You cant just grab joe-bloggs off the street and say "sound like Chris Barnes for the day" Anymore than you can take a average Rock Musician and hope they can play power-chords at the same time signatures.

MANY Metal Artists outside their work are just regular, normal guys. From Postmen, Physicists, to Music Teachers. Should an actor be stopped from being a teacher because he plays as characters (or directs) in Horror Movies on weekends, as a hobby.

thats a valid point, but but lets talk about music for a second. western(i mean western world, not country and western) music is comprised of 3 aspects : rhythm, melody, and harmony. While the the gutteral grunts and groans may be rhythmic, is there a melody? no. is there harmony? well you need melody to have harmony so the answere is again no. don't believe me? go to the piano and play me the vocal line from "hammer smashed face" by cannibal corpse . go a... i dare you..
i cant be done..the alleged "melody" is atonal
even a drumbeat in itself is not musical either. it is just a rhythm. without at least melody that is all it is.(not dissing drummers. i love the drums especially death metal drums)
so while it may take breathing practice to sound like a constipated bear it , i dont listen to music for the artist's breathing ability anymore than i look at artwork for the artist's tapdancing ability. and p.s. i did acknowledge talent involved. just minimal talent. just like it takes talent to write the lyrics to "f***ed with a knife";the kind of talent a fourth grader has.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by riffraff]

[edit on 12-5-2010 by riffraff]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join