It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS ads???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Let me say first that I don't use ad-block as it is the currency of the internet and I want to get the ad based model to succeed. Has anyone noticed the ads on here lately though? The main one I am talking about is the National Guard ad. Just wanted to get some conspiracy people's minds thinking about this one for a minute. I personally support our troops, but I do find it funny that as many of the members on here that are against the government in general see our fearless comments being brought to you by the U.S. government itself. On that there is also, Pizza Hut, Curves, AT&T, Sprint, just to name a few.

Maybe you guys can see a conspiracy here, I just wanted it to be known. I am very happy that they use legitimate companies to be paid by. That way I can click the ads, raise revenue, and not have illicit malware on my computer. Oh well, let me hear what you think about this, if it hasn't been mentioned already.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Might be geo-location based. I generally get the 'Send Da Medicine to Haiti' picture or the one with the African child's eyes and another request for 'good aid money'.

Makes more sense for them to send you ads which you might actually shell out some cash to.

-m0r

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Its funny you mention ads, I thought that when you got bronze or somthing that the ads go away but I still get them, they are on the main pages and in the firehose and stuff just not in the actual threads. I havnt been here that long so I might just not have taken much notice, but it doesnt seem like any ads have gone away at all....it could also just be that I "tune out" and dont notice them unless someone points at them like in OP.

Btw, Im pretty damn sure they are location based otherwise there wouldnt be so many aussie ads.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
with me they seem to be location and subject based...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This site utilizes Google Analytics. For more information on
the topic go here:

www.google.com...

new topics

top topics

join