It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stocks, euro surge after European central banks buy bonds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Stocks, euro surge after European central banks buy bonds

uk.reuters.com

- Global policymakers unleashed an emergency rescue package worth about $1 trillion (672 billion pounds) to stabilise world financial markets and prevent the Greek debt crisis from destroying the euro currency.

EU Monetary Affairs Commissioner Olli Rehn told a news conference the package of measures "proves we shall defend the euro whatever it takes."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/10/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What can I say... woehoo...

I'm not really sure how to start here. After all there was a point where I learned our euro is only worth as much as we give it credit for. Gold prices have been at a record height last week. This was also a warning from a few years back with in edition that it would be a bad thing.

There is only one place to get all that money. We, us, the public...
How on Earth can you pay of debt with creating more dept ?

Isn't it just spreading the problem ? Does it not only prolongs the obvious ? Sooner or later they will have to pay. The reduced dept won't do any good if you change it's owner and store it somewhere else does it ?

Can someone please tell me I'm wrong ?

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
There is only one place to get all that money. We, us, the public...
How on Earth can you pay of debt with creating more dept ?

Yes you're quite right. This does nothing to fix the sovereign debt crisis it only compounds it further. Monetising the debt just so you can make it to that next roll-over without defaulting is so fiscally irresponsible it's disgusting.

Where is the free market? This government intervention is a joke, how can they even say they have any leg to stand on going after Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan when they are just as guilty of market manipulation?

Are they just going to keep printing money forever while no one fails? It doesn't work like that. And every time they pass the buck like this it brings us closer and closer to the big one.

And when it does come who is going to bail out the USA?

In response to the re-emergence of strains in U.S. dollar short-term funding markets in Europe, the Bank of Canada, the Bank of England, the European Central Bank, the Federal Reserve, and the Swiss National Bank are announcing the re-establishment of temporary U.S. dollar liquidity swap facilities.
Ben "heli" Bernanke

[edit on 9-5-2010 by belial259]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
OK, I think this makes the 101st world bail-out.
I think it's time to cut down another 5,000 trees
and use another 1 million gallons of ink to print
all that euro cash out of thin air.

u cant replace debt with more debt.
That's robbing Peter to pay Paul.
It's just a temporary fix to the
destabilization of the world's
monetary system.

Next time they need a bailout
it will be around 1 ZILLION !!!!

isn't that more zeros than letters
in the alphabet ????

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

They are probably waiting until the system is ready where it does not need any more money cause it's all in the hands of just one. With us as slaves.

Who knows ?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The G20 plan has officially become realized. Wow, this is big news.

This is a massive step towards THEIR new global financial system. Is it just me or does this render the distinctions between currencies redundant? And also notice the complete and utter lack of democracy in all of this. This is very profound.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Well...

The lack of democracy was very present on the Lisbon treaty.
I knew we were ... then. But this...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Pretty soon they'll need bailouts for the bailouts.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'd like to know what Canada's share of this package is. I've searched and can't find any figures. I think a loan of this size should be up for more debate. It's not going to be small. We will have to borrow the money to loan the money. It's not like we have all this money just kicking around in the piggybank.

I'm sorry but Canada has it's own problems and yes I understand the global implications of a collapsing European Union but why bankrupt our country just to prevent the bankruptcy of others for another year or two. It's not going to work. Look at how well the last round of countries stimulus packages is working. Now those are petering out and we're right back where we were 2 years ago only way more in debt.

I'm sorry Europe but you're on your own, we don't have the money to bailout Europe. Our contribution is going to stir controversy for the Harper gov't. Since he's taken office our deficits have soared and look to continue to. I don't blame his admin for all of it as the world economy tanked. What I don't like is his constant lying about the economy and our financial status.

This package is only going to line the pockets of the banking cartel and won't fix anything. I can't believe their brazen tactics. Stealing our money right in front of us.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Solving a debt crisis with more debt... GENIUS I SAY GENIUS!

More like INSANITY. Doing the same thing OVER AND OVER AGAIN expecting DIFFERENT results is the EXACT definition of INSANITY.

Let's hope now that Merkel has lost the local election and her majority that SHE HAVE WHAT'S COMING TO HER AND GET HER ASS KICKED.

So that real german patriots can say SAY WHAT BIATCHES? WE'RE OUT OF HERE!

Germany free of the EU, the EU gets what it deserves, it collapse.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Its news like this, assuringus all,nothing will be americanmade ever again: (

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Ok, I don't get it, why doesn't everyone see the shell game?

All the central banks (Fed, Bank of Canada, Bank of England, etc) are owned by the IMF through shareholder banks. The central bank governors are chosen from a list that the IMF provides. No government may select a governor for any central bank without approval by the IMF.

The corruption in the financial sector is systemic and epidemic, its tentacles reach into every part of the political and banking systems as well as media and the military industrial complex. There isn't a country you can go to that doesn't have some @ssclown in power neck deep in this crap. The nasty thing is, they are standing on our shoulders, so how far under are we?

So what is happening here is really simple. The IMF is giving itself money (value and power) from different countries that will be repaid through higher taxes for even higher amounts of debt interest from each country. Its' called shifting what's left of the wealth to the upper 0.01%.

Our standard of living which has been going down since 1913 is going to start going down faster than a $20 dollar hooker that's been paid 50 bucks.

The only ways this kind of malfeasance will stop is through the total restructuring of government (the puppets) and the financial sector (the puppet masters) or in the alternative, all debts worldwide are forgiven. Either way, it's all good and f****k the upper 1% or 0.1%! Since they have been screwing us all along, they should have at least thought to kiss us all first and you know, when payback comes, it'll be a biatch, one way or the other.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The more I think about this announcement the more I think the UK, Ireland, Spain, Portugal and Italy are going to be needing money very soon. I think that's why the package amount is going to be soo high $1 Trillion.

All those countries are broke and their currencies value is reflecting that. I think the currency markets are probably very short term(like a few days) lately for some countries as nobody is confident that they won't implode at any moment. I have a feeling the CDN is going to go up long term as financially we're doing a lot better than most of the G20's but if we commit to huge loans like this we're done.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Yay everything is back to normal, bailouts are awesome.

We will never have economic trouble again, just bail everyone out. Isn't that how it works? How can anything be bad, when they can just bailout?

We should all be rich, and getting richer, and when you spend all your money, apply for a bailout, so you can spend it all again. Then repeat.

When in doubt, bailout!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
I'd like to know what Canada's share of this package is. I've searched and can't find any figures.
[edit on 10-5-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

30 billion is the latest figure for Canada.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I have concluded that they are deliberately blowing up the system as a rigorous solution to deal with the financial turmoil, which was caused by uncontrolled exploitation of capitalism due to greed. Due to the interdependence of the US and European financial systems, it needs to be done simultaneously and in both regions.

All the money spend of bail outs is going to cause hyper-inflation and it is widely known that it is only a bandage that offers no permanent solution. Look at Greece - they are going down the drain, regardless of the billions pumped into it. It's a Titanic and hundreds of billions are not gonna rescue her.

Replacing the current system with a new system will deal very effectively with hyperinflation and screw our loaners very badly, particularly China.

Anyhow, this change is going to make some people very rich while the masses will go through a period of horrible suffering, incomparable to the suffering that followed the Great Depression.

Eventually, everything is going to be alright... but the coming years are gonna be bloody and dark, in my opinion.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
I'm sorry but Canada has it's own problems and yes I understand the global implications of a collapsing European Union but why bankrupt our country just to prevent the bankruptcy of others for another year or two.

If we go down, you'll go down too. If you go down, or the US, we'll go down. Globalization is a b#tch.

new topics

top topics

join