It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elaborating on The Expanding Earth Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Please look at this thread if you aren't familiar with the Expanding earth theory. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Before I ever heard the theory I had this thought about the life cycle of out solar system. Here is the thought. What if the Sun produces planets. As it produces another, it pushes the planets out ward diminishing its gravitational effect on them. The planets closer to the Sun have thick atmospheres and they slowly move into positions occupied by other previous planets. Example Mars was our home at one point. It began to move further from the Sun and the atmosphere thinned and expanded. We had to come to Earth to save our species and brought ancient knowledge which was somehow lost. In another example we will follow Earth through this cycle. The atmosphere thins, the water freezes because of the movement from the Sun. There is still enough atmospheric pressure to keep the water on the ground. As the planet moves further it expand even more into a giant gas planet like Neptune. Many molecules take gaseous form due to the lack of force from the Sun's gravity. The planet keeps expanding until the gases eventually reach a point where they leave the planet. What is left is a rocky core of a planet resembling, you guessed it, Pluto. I know it sounds nuts and there are 1,000 reasons why it isn't scientifically plausible. But what do we really know about the life cycle of our solar system and our Sun? It is all speculative. Just a thought....comments concerns?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ModestThought

I like this. I've always loved the expanding earth theory animated videos by Neal Adams.

If you haven't seen them, his website is here:
www.nealadams.com...

I actually wrote to him once in an e-mail, and he wrote back to me. He said that the theory is now called the "expanding universe theory", so your ideas and thoughts go well with that theory, I think.

The only thing I disagree with him is that I think of the universe being alive (think of the Gaia Hypothesis) and he sees it as purely inanimate.

But, aside from WHY the universe and the galaxies and the planets are expanding, I love the theory.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
i'm replying now to remember this thread in the morning. I am fascinated with the Expanding Earth theory and it makes sense to me.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The expanding Earth was even discussed with Albert Einstein.
My thread here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
When I know look at Google earth, it makes sense.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Violater1]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ModestThought

The planets closer to the Sun have thick atmospheres

No... Mercury has almost no atmosphere it is always blown away by sloar winds. There are many factors tha have to come together to make an atmosphere not just distance from the sun.

Many molecules take gaseous form due to the lack of force from the Sun's gravity.

What? The sun's gravity does not effect this...

The planet keeps expanding until the gases eventually reach a point where they leave the planet.

Why then are Mercury and pluto so close in size yet on opposite ends of the solar system?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Are dinosaurs proof of an expanding Earth?

Providing Earths mass changes with the expansion then aeons ago when the Earth was ruled by Dinosaurs its gravity must have been less.

Less gravity=Bigger animals.

I must admit I like your theory but Mercury is the thorn in the theories side. Unless the planets some how gain an atmosphere as they move out. Perhaps though some sort of asteroid bombardment.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by ALOSTSOUL]

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

@ALOSTSOUL,

Actually don't we have the theory backwards? The Gravitational field would have been greater. Hence the size/ massive muscle and bone structures needed just to get around in that density of gravity.

When we subject astronauts to a weaker gravitational environment, their bone density and muscles atrophy, not to mention their cardiovascular systems.
Increased volume doesn’t necessarily equate to greater mass. It’s a matter of cannonballs and beach balls. Beach balls occupy greater area but are obviously less dense than cannonballs.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Ah nice theory but alas the largest animal to ever live is the blue whale. I did read somewhere that the earth is indeed expanding due to in falling space debris such as dust from comets etc. Still saying that can we measure the earths size 100% accurately ? ,

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Correct, around 40 tonnes a day land on earth, expanding for sure just not the way the OP wanted

top topics

join