It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food-stamp tally nears 40 million, sets record (gone up every month since Obama took office)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

this whole subject makes me sic. i don’t want to live in this system (i did not say country i said system). i don’t want to work hard every day for pieces of paper. why would i want to get up at 5 in the morning to build a house for some rich Ahole, just so i can make 100 pieces of paper? i would rather build that house at 5 every morning for my self or a family in need. why would i want to break my back planting trees in some guys yard so he can brag to his friends, just for 100 pieces of paper? i would rather plant that tree so that it gives shade to the over heated and food for the hungry.

why would i want to flip greasy a$$ burgers for some fat chick and her fat kids, cuz she is to lazy to cook it her self, just for 40 pieces of paper? i would rather teach her how to cook and feed her kids healthy food.

why would i want to do any thing at all for just pieces of paper? i wouldn’t and i don’t. i would rather help humanity get its sh!t together. i would rather bust my butt for others so that humanity can keep going. screw Ipods and XBOXs! screw $40,000 cars and $300,000 houses. Prada, Guchi, Tommy Hilfiger and all the worthless crap that people would rather waist their money on instead of helping humanity, can go to hell!

i gave up my home, most of my cloths and all of my possessions for 3 months so i could live with the homeless and understand their way of life. i worked vary hard every single day. i didn’t do it for pieces of paper. i did it so that people could eat and have tents to live in, clean cloths to wear and a friend to talk to. i walked 42 miles in the blistering heat for 2 days just to bring to grown men that i had just met some were that they could live happy lives.

i did all of this so that i could do my part in the progression of humanity. that way i wasn’t just bitching about the problems, i was doing what i could to help solve them.

do you work to benefit the system that is crashing down before us? or do you work to help mankind from the system that is crashing down before us?

its just paper folks. once the world goes to hell it will be worthless.
stop coveting. stop worrying about ur possessions and start worrying about humanity. you do know that ur apart of it.... right?

good subject OP. it really separates the humans from the sheeple.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
every one is acting like the people on food stamps never worked a day in their lives. most people that are on food stamps have children and most of them had been working for years. every one has their own story but something happened in these peoples live that caused them to need help. most people on food stamps are just getting back all the bull sh!it taxes that they had paid into for years. they are getting back what they worked so hard for before the system decides to bend them over and make them the humping pole of the tax payers.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sonoflibra

bravo! finaly a human being!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

No, that is the eye of Sauron.

I have bought the whole thing? What would that be?

Food stamps are just another thing that is used to steal from me and everyone else. It is another fiat vehicle. They print up something with no value and say it has value. What does that do to the other fiat currencies?

Sorry, explain to me what I have fallen for?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Can you tell me why this surprises YOU? They want to make us dependant I can't wait to get away from where I am now so I can grow my own stuff and not have to be dependant. They get us dependant to control us. WAKE UP!!!! We need to break away, have the pioneering spirit and tell them to shove their crap!!!! OK I might sound a bit hypocritical when I am getting a new pc today, uh but really I could live without that stuff if I wasn't taking online courses. Right now though I am in a position of only playing by their rules as I don't own my land only the house upon it. So they tell me I can't grow a large garden, well they don't tell me, they'll just mow it down on my a** if I do. They've already killed my neighbors' tomatoes. Even if you post a sign they'll weed it or mow it, I posted a sign for my lillies and they weeded it down!!!!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
We can blame the people on food stamps for being on them. However, don't forget that only a few years ago many of these same people weren't using food stamps as a way to make ends meet.

Real unemployment right now is over 20%.

Ask anyone if they had the opportunity to work at a job which provided enough for them to make a house payment, car payment, and feed their family... I can't imagine very many men would turn it down.

The truth is that right now we are caught in an economic tide that is largely out of our individual control. Sometimes the people just give up paddling and just hold on to a life preserver, because all the effort they have isn't enough to stop the river flowing.

The inflation central banks create whenever they create money changes the financial game every one of us is forced to play. If you're one of those who lived within your means a few years ago, but not by much, you are likely to find those dollars you use to pay for things worth less and less. What is a citizen supposed to do when their income increases by 3% per year, but prices go up 18% ? There is a limit for everyone, some earlier than others, but don't blame the workers and consumers. Blame the people tilting the tables and rigging the game.

The prevailing monetary policies of the Fed determine whether money is easy or tight - that is, whether the monetization of government debt will be sufficient to provide private borrowers with the amounts of money needed to pay what they owe to the banks, or whether it will fall short. These actions by the Fed are largely responsible for the business cycle and periodic rounds of inflation and recession. Through the various mechanisms under its control—interest rates on loans it makes to banks, purchase or sale of government securities, and setting bank reserve requirements—the Fed has the power to decide whose interests will be favored and whose will be harmed.

The banks are continually making new loans and retiring old ones as they are repaid. In the aggregate, the debts owed to banks are increasing with the mere passage of time, because interest accrues over time. The money available to repay those debts, however, can be created only by the banks as they make additional loans.

The net requirement, then, is that banks must make new loans faster than they retire old loans, that is, there must be a continual expansion of bank credit money. If there is not, the result is depression—increasing numbers of defaulted loans, greater numbers of bankruptcies, expanding unemployment—and all the human misery that comes with it.

- Thomas Greco, Money: Understanding and Creating Alternatives to Legal Tender

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I hear a lot of people exclaiming "get a job" more-or-less.

There is a fact about the economic system we live in that you just can't make go away, and I'll try to explain.

Money is like electricity. There is a certain amount of it (capacitance), there is a rate of flow (current), there is willingness to work (voltage) and there is a total amount of business done and transactions made per year, or gross domestic product (watts)

If you understand the analogy, you understand this:

When your capacitor is drained of charge, all the voltage (willingness to work) and all the prosperity (watts) and all the rate of business activity (current) will come to a stop.

The capacitor is the bank. If the banks of the world suck up the world's money, but don't lend it out, the rest of the circuit comes to a halt.

Don't blame the parts of the system that aren't involved or don't understand what is happening. At the end of the day, not many of us are economists, but all of us are hungry.

If all the bank loans were paid up, no one would have a bank deposit, and there would not be a dollar of currency or coin in circulation. This is a staggering thought. We are completely dependent on the commercial banks for our money. Someone has to borrow every dollar we have in circulation, cash or credit. If the banks create ample synthetic money, we are prosperous; if not, we starve. We are absolutely without a permanent money system. When one gets a complete grasp upon the picture, the tragic absurdity of our hopeless position is almost incredible - but there it is. It is the most important subject intelligent persons can investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present civilization may collapse unless it is widely understood and the defects remedied very soon.
- Robert H. Hemphill, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta

While economic textbooks claim that people and corporations are competing for markets and resources, I claim that in reality they are competing for money - using markets and resources to do so. Greed and fear of scarcity are being continuously created and amplified as a direct result of the kind of money we are using. For example, we can produce more than enough food to feed everybody, and there is definitely not enough work for everybody in the world, but there is clearly not enough money to pay for it all. In fact, the job of central banks is to create and maintain that currency scarcity.
- Bernard Lietaer, Former Central Banker

[edit on 10-5-2010 by 30_seconds]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koolcdj69
Wow, I can see where your stance is with that unneccesary additive in the title- gone up ever since Obama took office- partisan much?

Good catch!

I caught him doing same thing here.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
40 million Americans now on food stamps
Every month since Obama's election has set new record
--Reuters (as seen on World Net Daily: www.wnd.com...)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Instead of using this as a thread to trash Obama, why not consider that the increase in food stamps is due to the unemployment rate, which carries over from a recession that Bush presided over? In fact, the recession started in 2007, not 2009.

Also, why don't you try using the EBT program before you trash it? I needed food stamps because I could not get unemployment or ANYTHING at one point. I have a job now but I'm thankful for the help I did get, as little as it was.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join