It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber Warriors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Is the ATS community disregarding a heated discussion happening in the world right now? That is cyber security. President Obama has a cyber security czar now, Howard Schmidt. The first ever development of this kind. Furthermore, Utica College, NYU-Poly, and University of Maryland University College are rolling out degrees in Cybersecurity. So, what exactly is happening to our world wide web?

Cybersecurity Czar Appointed

[edit on 9-5-2010 by LightofLiberty]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
That, IMHO, is primarily to promote security in ways that will prevent having to disclose what the NSA is really doing.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
They are indeed cracking down on the web. I myself am enrolled in a Bachelors Degree program for Network Security. It promises to be a very big field in the near future. My course will actually have me NSA certified by the time I'm done.. so I suppose I could work for the enemy at some point, get some eyes and ears deep behind enemy lines =)

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The extent that the US govt, its citizens, and its military are reliant on internet technologies for communication and for supporting basic critical infrastructure elements makes it a big deal. I am in the IT security field, and sometimes what goes on behind the scenes can be scary. Since most people do not understand it, they care little about it and do not want to think about it.

new topics

top topics

join