It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber attack could be new pearl harbor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I cannot believe no one has touched this yet...read this!

Richard Clarke claims that America's lack of preparation for the annexing of its computer system by terrorists could lead to an "electronic Pearl Harbor".

Cyber attack 'could fell US within 15 minutes

You kidding me right?

Didn't the PNAC say this before 911?
Now we have direct threats to the vulnerability of the USA elctronic infrastructure, being less that 15 minutes?

Now this is bothersome.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by theability]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
More from the above article:

Air traffic controllers report several mid-air collisions, while subway trains crash in New York, Washington and Los Angeles. More than 150 cities are suddenly blacked out. Tens of thousands of Americans die in an attack comparable to a nuclear bomb in its devastation.

My... why wasn't this on the 9 oclock news?

hmmm something smells..

[edit on 9-5-2010 by theability]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What about last week when the stock market fall 1000 points before it came back up. It still lost over $200 billion that day even after the bounce back. And that was not an attack. Some one just miss typed an order and it caused a snow ball effect. Now if some one meant to do some real damaged think of what they could do.

And now on to other things like control of the power and water and such. Every thing is computer controlled now days. The treat is real and we will get hit sooner or later even if by accident.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

And now on to other things like control of the power and water and such. Every thing is computer controlled now days. The treat is real and we will get hit sooner or later even if by accident.

Absolutely.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This kind of "fire sale" scenario is very possible, indeed probable, considering how we rely on technology so much nowadays for everything. It's already played out before our eyes on theater and TV screens via "Live Free or Die Hard" and even on a more subtle level via "Jericho" and "War of the Worlds." I think that it's not a case of if, but when! And I can imagine that it will occur at the same time as a nuclear attack on American soil.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Such an attack is highly possible and could actually happen in five minutes or less if carefully planned. However, the most likely scenario would be a "cyber" attack on some component of the critical infrastructure in conjunction with or immediately following a "traditional" terrorist act or act of warfare. This would mainly be to disrupt functionality and/or communication and to multiply the psychological impact of the event. Think back to 9/11 - if most people who were watching the events of 9/11 on "live" TV had suddenly experienced a blackout, loss of TV, etc., they would be left with many questions unanswered and would panic, make things up, and contribute to general confusion until the mess could be sorted out and explained. This is what the terrorist or hostile nation would want.

new topics

top topics

join