It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Picks New Supreme Court Nominee!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama picked solicitor general Elena Kagan as his nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court, NBC reported on Sunday, choosing a relative moderate who may still face questions from Republican Senators on gays in the military.

news.yahoo.com...

Link updated.

Really expected him to pick a far left loon myself, but he went moderate, I guess. I am not to informed on this so any insight is appreciated.

Kinda weird at this time of night though LOL.

More relevant info...

Will be the youngest judge on the court. (50)
Jewish (for conspiracy purposes I am sure).
First Female Dean of Harvard
First Female Solicitor General
Never any actual practice on the bench though, but an extensive background in law.

More forthcoming later.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by ventian]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Darn you a fast one! Only been out about 7 mins!!! Good work on that.

S&F.

Do you have any info on her?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
yeah i second that, who the hell is she?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
So far I got,

Jewish
Former Dean of Harvard
First lady to hold the Solicitor General Office

Thats all I got so far.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama picked solicitor general Elena Kagan as his nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court, NBC reported on Sunday, choosing a relative moderate who may still face questions from Republican Senators on gays in the military.

news.yahoo.com...

Really expected him to pick a far left loon myself, but he went moderate, I guess. I am not to informed on this so any insight is appreciated.

Kinda weird at this time of night though LOL.

She is an attorny who represents the federal government, namely the executive branch in the Supreme Court. She is not a judge, and has no experience on the bench. Personally I hope they ask her questions about President Obama's policies and how she would rule, especially on health care, and the constitutionality of such.
But this is going to get political. Those who do not support her, then they will be called sexist and ask what they have against women.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by sdcigarpig]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Jewish
Former Dean of Harvard
First lady to hold the Solicitor General Office

Add to that, the fact that she has NEVER been a judge. Chalk her up as one more completely UNQUALIFIED nominee from Obama's long list of appointees who don't have a clue about the job they have been nominated for. No wonder the US is in such a mess!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The question is...Why does he nominate someone on a Sunday night? What is the world going to miss tomorrow while the news covers this? I can understand a Thursday night because it would be buried over the weekend, but a Sunday? This may just be my conspiracy mind going haywire but it is just strange to me.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Ok, so she's Jewish. Does she have any ties with any of the israeli zionist terrorist groups? That would be something I'd like to know.

Someone else mentioned she was never a judge?! WTF is she gonna do on the SC then?!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Posted an update in the OP including link. Just bumping to let you guys know.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
She never argued before a judge before Obama nominated her last year. She supports indefinite detention of suspects without a trial. She's young...that means she's gonna stay on the supreme court for DECADES. She has close links with almost everyone in Obama's administration that means, she's as bad as them.

Now since it's Obama nominating, i'm pretty sure, just like Sotomayor, she hates the second amendment...

Anyway we'll likely learn more about her views this week, but since she wrote only 9 articles in all her years of teaching at Harvard, we'll probably not learn much... and we'll have to believe what she says at the hearings... it's gonna be like the health care bill...you have to vote for it to know what's in it...

It makes me so sick... I hope the senate does not confirm her, hell who am I kidding, the senate will do as they always do and screw the american people.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It makes me so sick... I hope the senate does not confirm her, hell who am I kidding, the senate will do as they always do and screw the american people.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

Not just the senate. I stated in another thread that when healthcare passed there would be a big stink and it would eventually lead to the Supreme court. I went on to say that one of the conservative judges would step down thus leading to a 5 to 4 democrat majority so the bill would be held up with the republicans seemingly disgusted. Here we are today, choosing which sides to take and knowing dang well that the two sides are working together.

Wish I could find that thread to show my prediction, I was very sad when it came true.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Interesting choice. Obama, according to a McLaughlin Group poll, has lost favor with Jewish people in the U.S. Less than half support him. Toss them a bone, maybe, to bring them back into the fold?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Not to be overly offensive here, but are you sure that's a woman?

Wow, anyway, I'll need to see more information on this lady and her opinions before I chime in with anything definitive. Guess I better start looking through journals and see if I can find anything.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Hey. Don't be too hard on the guy. He never held any executive decision-making office either before he got elected to President, and look how he's made out.

Oh. Yeah. That's right. The destruction of the U.S. economy, and breaking 99.995% of his campaign trail promises.

Now I see what you're talking about when it comes to unqualified and not having a clue. Guess that does hold a little bit of importance in such a high position.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Interesting choice. Obama, according to a McLaughlin Group poll, has lost favor with Jewish people in the U.S. Less than half support him. Toss them a bone, maybe, to bring them back into the fold?

I doubt that that is it. I mentioned her being Jewish as it is relevant on ATS, but the rest of the U.S. probably pays no attention to it. This includes Obama....unless the conspiracy theories are true.
I am not gonna say one way or another if her religion plays anything into this.

@antonia, that is a great position to take. I believe we are all waiting to find out what she is really about.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
He adds another crook in the court; big surprise here...

This woman doesn't support the constitution for the cause of patriotism and public safety.

[edit on 10/5/10 by xstealth]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

When did anyone in D.C followed the constitution?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
If she is moderate then she will most likely have an easy time in the hearings.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
AND SHE IS A LESBIAN!

Not that I mind, I am pro-gay rights. I just find it very interesting that Obama (especially after the health care reform tragedy) would risk lowering his standing for nominating a Lesbian to the Supreme Court. The Republicans will have a field day over this!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Obama said a few weeks ago that he planed on finding someone pro womans rights....but a lesbion in this case as a womans rights advocate....would be like nominating a fundamentalist....a very limited view and probably a skewed opinion of homemakers and hetrosexual women.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join