It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Case Closed: what really happened

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Dear game over man

The problem I have is this, what is it they are covering up.

Technology?

The fear of people running for the hills?

Indeed the protection of TPTB?

The American people are disbelieving there government more and more everyday.

Roswell is perhaps not the beginning of this but is certainly part of it.

What is worth that risk???

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

^Classic skeptic answer with no evidence either!

reply to post by desert_eagle

Do you have any links to the Nazi biology testing?

[edit on 10-5-2010 by game over man]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Exactly. The evidence points to a huge cover up. But of what? People say there is no evidence, there is evidence, there is a whole library of stuff on Roswell. But people want a piece of the craft, or an alien body, not a photo, but the evidence in their hands.

To me, in 2010, science has provided substantial information on space and the future of technology. Combine that with the extensive history of ufology, and considering Roswell is the "smoking gun" conspiracy of all alien conspiracy theories. Then I think we seriously have something here.

And not Nazi biological testing or military balloons.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Dear Mr_skepticc

From MAC269 “It all began with this “RAAF Captures Flying Saucer On Ranch in Roswell Region” from the Roswell Daily Record.

This press release was issued by Colonel William "Butch" Blanchard who was the commanding officer at the 509th Operations Group (509 OG) and went on to be promoted to 4 star General.

So if you where to believe that what was found near Roswell at that time was any sort of Balloon which would consist of string, tin foil, balsa wood, and rubber. You must also believe that the most powerful bomber group in the world was being commanded by an idiot.

So for me case closed is totally out of the window.

Other explanations surround Project Paper Clip. Mostly out of White Sands. Nazi flying saucers etc,. So lets go whit that for a bit. The PPC boffins loose a Top secret Craft. OK no one wants that to go public in fact one wants anybody to know these Nazi Boffins are there at all. So the secret is to be understood totally.

Now what gets me about this is no one is looking for it. If you where in their shoes what would be the very first thing you would do. Well I would be on the phone to any base that could possibly have been in the area that may have reports of a downed craft. Even down to contacting local sheriff’s offices. However when Major Jesse Marcel went to inspect the debris on the report of William "Mac" Brazel he had no idea what he was going to find.

If you take just these inarguable facts it adds up to something spectacular. Certainly not what we have been told.”

Here is my proof that something very extra ordinary happened. They made the guy who released the story a 4 star general.

Give me any sort of reasonable answer to that?

A man that is confused by string, tin foil, balsa wood, and rubber and thinks it is a Flying Saucer. They would have put him in a rubber room.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

Excellent post. It asks the kinds of questions about Roswell that skeptics hate to hear. UFO/ETs is the only really logical explanation for The Roswell Incident based on all the evidence and eyewitness testimonies. However, those who are close-minded will never accept this explanation unless the government eventually admits it or irrefutable evidence is shown on CNN.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Viper2]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viper2

Excellent post. It asks the kinds of questions about Roswell that skeptics hate to hear. UFO/ETs is the only really logical explanation for The Roswell Incident based on all the evidence and eyewitness testimonies.

If you really believe what you wrote there I truly feel for you, and hate to see such potential of a human mind wasted on non-sense.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Dear desert_eagle

From desert_eagle “All you need is untraceable wreckage and a dire consequence.”

No you are loosing me now, too what end??

Untraceable wreckage YES

dire consequence???

It is obvious that TPTB did not want this out, ie weather balloon which we know it was not. Since there is little difference between that and project mogul they amount to the same.

Super solders that are 3 to 4 feet tall well that is a quaint idea.

Sorry I am most likely being thick here but as yet you have given me nothing.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

game over man... no I don't. I'll look them up for you though. It'll take a little bit. I just joined ATS and this isn't the reason why. I want to get enough points so I can make me own post. Then you may not see me anymore.

DE

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Dear Mr_skepticc

From Mr_skepticc “If you really believe what you wrote there I truly feel for you, and hate to see such potential of a human mind wasted on non-sense.”

Ok just give me one reason why Blanchard didn’t end up in a RUBBER room.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

It is obvious that TPTB did not want this out, ie weather balloon which we know it was not. Since there is little difference between that and project mogul they amount to the same.

Super solders that are 3 to 4 feet tall well that is a quaint idea.

I'm sorry MAC269, I'm a bit of a newbie here, unfamiliar with the lingo. What is TPTB?

Project Mogul was a balloon train with the mission to listen in on Soviet nuclear weapons testing. The balloon train was long and equipped with microphones and radar reflectors. It was not very high tech. In fact it was so not-high-tech that they used civilian reports to track its progress.

Project High Dive was not all that amazing either and it used balloons as well.

There are different methods employed to cover up a covert operation.

Plain sight: this is not usually a lie. It means holding back some of the truth or lying or exaggerating a part of the truth. It is used when the operation is not too far removed from normalcy. That big dish? It's a satellite dish (don't specify the satellite). The pill you just swallowed? It's an antiviral (don't say what virus). That balloon? It's a balloon (weather? other?)

Deflection: this is a lie that involves transference of attention to something plausible. That boom? It's fireworks (sonic boom from aircraft). That light in the sky? It's a flying saucer from Antares (Mogul balloon).

The "3 foot super soldier" is hysterical and I want to reuse that. Can I?

The 3 foot pilot isn't a pilot but an unlucky passenger. The 3 foot pilot is engineered and has a very short unfortunate lifespan even if it wasn't riding what amounts to an occupied missile. The payload is an undisclosed weapon. The strategy is deflection. The saucer is not from outer space and the weapon is not the "super soldier."

The saucer AND the occupants are meant to crash and cover for the origin of the weapon that is onboard. Notice I said occupants and not pilots because the occupants' job is only to be lifeless untraceable corpses at the scene of the crash. To what end? What is the purpose of any weapon?

The balloon experiments were explained away as UFOs when they didn't crash because there was nothing to examine. But the real crashed "flying disk" could not be explained as a flying disk because no such thing existed officially. "Plain sight" was not an option then, and "deflection?" Well a flying disk doesn't look like a balloon or even another airplane. Even worse it was linked to another project that had NO precedence.

So there were 2 options. Confirm the disk story and risk the discovery of the occupants, or claim it was a weather balloon and nobody would ever be able to say it was carrying a nuclear explosion detector or a barometer.

A balloon is a balloon regardless of what it is used for. The public will buy it. But a saucer (disk) has no precedent and draws a lot of attention (even today). So if a flying disk project is linked to a biological project that CAN NOT be deflected, what do you do?

You push the weather balloon story because that would result in debris and nobody would ask questions about flying disks that we didn't have. Stories of bodies? Well you use Project High Dive's crash test dummies. You now have preserved two black projects that were never meant to interact at their inception, covered by two declassified black projects that were also never meant to interact.

More later.

DE

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

Dear Viper2

I really feel for the skeptic as I can really see where they are coming from.

People tell them that the government, mostly their government has been lying to them for years and they don’t accept it. It is easy for me I know they are lying my only question is what about. Hell I came from a country where it has been proved that all the government should be in jail.

Only one guy so far has come out with you couldn’t keep the secret. That is one that often comes forward. It was one that really bothered me for a long time. However all you have to do is look at history.

The Manhattan Project, it employed over 30,000 people all over the USA and not even the vice president new it existed until he became president.

They can keep a secret when the stakes are high enough and that is what worries me.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Dear desert_eagle

TPTB = The Powers That Be sorry this place takes a little getting used to.

I have hared a suggestion on another thread suggesting that poor unfortunate children having a very rear decease that ages them so they loose hair etc, being part of this.

But why would any military use these rare children??

I will have to get back to you tomorrow it is time to go now, lovely chat but really still clue less about your point anyway tomorrow.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
To clarify one point, wind direction and speed can change dramatically at different altitudes which could explain why a balloon could me found hundreds of miles upwind of its original launch point.

While I don't believe what they found at Roswell was a balloon, it does afford the government with a plausible explanation for public release.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc

Originally posted by Viper2

Excellent post. It asks the kinds of questions about Roswell that skeptics hate to hear. UFO/ETs is the only really logical explanation for The Roswell Incident based on all the evidence and eyewitness testimonies.

If you really believe what you wrote there I truly feel for you, and hate to see such potential of a human mind wasted on non-sense.

Is that the best you got? Pathetic.

Have fun being close-minded and ignorant.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Case Closed.
Be that as it may.
But the singularity will remain nonetheless.
Direction and speed... Southeast to Northwest / 500 to 600 mph???
The govt should have considered falsyfying the above.

Cheers

[edit on 10-5-2010 by savvys84]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

when poeple like William Moore (who co-wrote the first book on roswell) no longer believe it was a spaceship its time to face reality. Unless you think ufologists like moore,pflock & jeffrey are closed minded skeptics?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I really dunno how anyone could say that the Roswell case is "closed" - This is something that will probably never be debunked. There are just way to many theories and ideas out there being thrown around to make this a closed case incident.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Tigpoppa.....

I enjoyed your interesting thinking & your well written post

On theory I haven't seen mentioned here is the idea the wreckage was from an experimental Japanese aircraft, as per the article in "Popular Mechanics" a few years ago. I might try to see if I can find the article on line.

I don't believe it's impossible that something like an alien spacecraft could have been hidden & the story buried, but that's not to say I have any conclusions of my own regarding Roswell.

However I am fascinated as to the manner in which the "legend" has grown over the years, with no signs that interest is waning.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by FireMoon

Dear FireMoon

By parachuting you are falling through the air creating your own wind to the tune of about a 130MPH

Nope, you are misunderstanding how a microphone works. Without getting too geely about it. Firstly when you are sailing your ears are , more often then not, shielding you from the wind as you are facing away from it. Ergo, the amount of noise, if any is considerably lessened anyway. Secondly, the human brain filters out must low level information and blanks it. A constant low level of noise, is often simply filtered out by the brain. That's why people who live in the cities think the countryside is *quiet*. I have to actually focus to hear the distant motorway, from my open bedroom windows at night, because, over the years, my brain has just filtered it out.

Microphones don't do that, plus to try and pick up the distant sound of some nuclear test the mic would be using a pre amp to boost the mics gain way past that what the human ear uses. If they didn't do that, the experiment would be wholly pointless. The moment you apply gain of say, +30 db to a microphone, the slightest wind noise becomes a deafening roar. Not only that, the mics would pick up the slightest vibration in the lines that were tying them to the apparatus and amplify that to quite a level as well.

The mics themselves would have had to condensers or Ribbon mics. That would have required some form of pre-amp loaded onto the array as well. In 1947 these things were fairly hefty appliances, yet no-one has ever described finding anything that resembles them in the debris field.

Im guessing but, pretty sure that. If they had a mic pre-amp on that array, then it must have been enclosed in some sort of closed system. Something akin to a vacuum flask. The reason is simple, at the sort of heights it was meant to be used at, the temperature would destroy valves in pretty short order. Notwithstanding that, valves are rather delicate, stringing them off a Radar array is liable to see them break in minutes, if not immediately.

No explanation has ever been forthcoming on just how this apparatus worked in piratical terms. I can see umpteen problems from the very outset, that suggest that, in 1947, "Listening for Russian Nuclear bomb via high altitude mics* is quite possibly, just total and utter bs.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

the idea was to fly the balloons in the theorized "sound channel" in the upper atmosphere where sound waves would carry for thousands of miles further than normal. It was the discovery in the 1940s of the sound channel at a certain depth underwater which prompted the idea there could be a sound channel in the upper atmosphere.

Mogul had mixed success but cheaper more reliable detection methods rendered the program obsolete.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by yeti101]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join