It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What caused this "memory"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Folks,

Ive been wanting to post this for a good while, and haven't done for risk of sounding like a crazy nut!

However, recently I have been having dreams relating to this "memory" (and not the first time) and tbh its getting on my nerves and I'd like some suggestions or thoughts where the hell it came from or why, and also ideas why it rears up in my dreams from time to time then dies off.

For the record, Im not sure if any have read my posts, but for what its worth Im a logic thinker, conclude from reasoning, dont have any outrageous claims or mad beliefs, and neither claim that I have been abducted and forced to mate with cows.

Onto this "memory", as said Im looking for serious suggestions about this as its been with me for 30 years....its the first memory I ever recall, I remember nothing before it, its vivid as hell, and if I think about it I go cold and sweaty.

Im 2 years old tops, sleeping between mum and dad, we used to like in a fairly old 2 bedroom terraced house that needed modernising (not sure what you call them in the states). Most of the doors were made of plank wood with latches on (I did say old!) with a hole where you put your finger from the outside and lift the latch.

In this "memory" Im woken up by a scratching noise at the door, mum and dad are fast asleep, and theres little light except for the glow of the streetlamp outside through the thin curtains.

More scratching from the door, then, a finger comes through the hole. I remember being petrified like you wouldnt believe, as this finger had a claw on the end and seemed to have scales. It was very long, quite thin. I cant recall its colour as the light was low with orange tint, and lots of shadows.

The finger, pops up the latch, the door opens an inch or so, and the finger retracts through the hole. Im still petrified, and I can feel my heart pounding in my chest. Door starts to open slowly to about halfway and stops.

Then dead silence for a few seconds, I'm staring at the door, frozen solid, I want to wake my dad whos next to me, but I can neither move, or make any sound.

Then, a head appears from behind the door. And this image is BURNED in my mind. Its a bit larger than a human head, seems to be scaley in nature, maybe a little leathery, colour I have no idea for the same reasons I couldnt determine the colour of the finger.

The eyes, they are quite wide, almond kind of shape and seem to be quite reflective. I remerber a green hint of colour for some reason, no other colours, just them eyes.

Mouth was thin slit, quite wide though and I remember sharp teeth as the mouth was slightly ajar.

It looked right at me for what seemed like forever, made no other movements, just looked at me. Then I go blank.

Ive RACKED my brain trying to think of an explanation for this, thats both logical and plausable and I come up with nothing. If I was older, 5-6 maybe I could put it down to a scary movie I sneaked and watched, or some pictures/comic book.

What gets me is that Im at MOST 2 years old, why would a 2 year old imagine something as vivid in detail as that?

I thought it must have been a dream? But again I cant make any sense out of why I would have such a dream.

So Im open to suggestions, to me this "feels" like its happened, I remember it from a 1st person perspective, not 3rd, so if someone can provide me a plausable explanation that makes sense, maybe it will finally go away! heh

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You want the memory to go away or "it" to go away? Anything happen after that initial experience? You could always take a metaphor from it: a scary realm wanted to check you out in a a way you would never forget.

Why did that happen? You could ask several psychics, then "compare your notes", if you like talking to psychics...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I want the memory to fade or best of all go completley.

I dont remember anything such since, except for the crazy dreams I have now and then where its usually chasing me down for something. But I know they are dreams, and couldnt tell you in any kind of detail what happened in them.

This dream/recall/memory whatever, I cant shake it.

Not sure what I psychic could tell me?

I had thought about hypnosis, but isnt that usually to recall lost memories and experiences?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think you can just erase a memory, or anyone can do that for you. A "real psychic" would tell you the purpose. Once you know that then you can put it in context. That's what psychologists do, but a psychic is cheaper. It's basically that you put the memory in a contextual box and watch it fade away.

[it was interested in you as a baby, then tried to chase you down in dreams]

So there you go: it couldn't get you for some reason. That reason--if it was known--could also make it go away imo.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Start writing fantasy novels and hope for the dreams to come back for inspiration. Most assuredly, it will fade away.

just kidding.

I have had a bunch of stuff like that when I was younger. Is this just an annoyance or does it represent fear to you? The only thing i can say is that the dream has power over you for some reason and that is not rational. You seem to be a rational guy. Maybe it's your fear of being irrational. Maybe you should ask your sub conscience to work on this thing and confront it? It only has power if you choose to give it power.

Then again, maybe you were abducted. That's what i was told. And so what if I was, I came out alright, so it doesn't really matter to me. Somewhere around here i have a post about three orbs, when i was three years old.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
honetly i would look into hypnosis. becuase it seems like when you go blank you have missing memory.
if you could go into this lost memory. you could find hints and clues to the reason if there is one.
but a warning, you may not like what you see. it may terrify you more then the original memory.
but the truth is usually terrifying.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by wartooth420]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It sounds to me as if it was a true abduction or an "implant memory" from an abduction. Your family may be a family that gets abducted generation after generation, and you being the youngest it was "your turn". As devestating as that news is to learn, the important thing is that you are Ok. Its hard to accept the possiblity that you may have been abducted, I know because I've been there. But over time, if you choose to learn more about it, it will get easier to consider it.

I have done past life memory regressions with clients with alien abduction experiences, as well as I have had abduction experiences of my own. If you are interested in discussing this further with me, please feel free to U2U me!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
you should try hypnosis. regression into that experience (and perhaps many others) will help you to figure it out. there's a lot of information that we can't remember now, but only under hypnosis.

top topics

join