It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company says it has solution for Gulf oil spill, but being ignored

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I just found this not sure if anyone has put this article on the board
but its interesting about British Petroleum disasters & fails a whole History line of BAD REPUTATION ... I think they need a whole new staff the way it looks.. like this company has a lot of penalty and criminal fines in its past...

BP's trail of accidents, scandals stretches to Alaska

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

BP could face billions in oil-spill costs

Source.
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
When you have that much money, size and power no one will be accountable for the spills.

That's how large corporations work.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I just called Senator Boxer's office and asked why the use of this stuff isn't being expedited, and pointed out that the dispersants don't fix the problem, they hide and exacerbate the problem by dropping the oil to the seafloor in a form that severely effects filter feeders, screwing their reproductive cycles.

I would suggest that each of you call your congresscritters to make them aware of this technology, too.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Interestingly enough there's a company based in Colorado which is one of the leading researchers and manufactures in microbes of many different types. My dad is very good friends with the owner/key researcher... and he claims he's 100% confident that one of his microbes has the capabilities of consuming the oil. Apparently they were met with interest by the government when approached by the company in the wake of this recent disaster, almost to the point when they thought a deal had been reached to make a test run... but all the sudden things have been put on halt and they're not interested.

I'm quite certain there's more 'dirty work' going on behind the scenes than we can see.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
so if oil is coming out of the floor at 60k barrels per day we would only need like what 1,260,000 lbs of this stuff per day and that doesn't even count all the oil that's already been spilled? Sounds pretty doable to me, I'm sure that adding that much of something would never have a negative impact either.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
First I will post some info about the "Dispursant" Currently being used.

Dispersants break up oil to make it more soluble in water, allowing oil droplets to sink away from the surface. But the oil doesn't disappear-- it just goes somewhere we can't see it. Underwater, it is more likely to affect fish, coral, plankton, and shellfish. Dispersed oil has been shown to kill fish eggs, while the use of dispersants after the Exxon Valdez spill impeded the growth of certain fish species. Experts characterize dispersants as the lesser of two evils. They help mitigate coastal damage -- the Wall Street Journal cites officials who believe dispersants have kept the current spill off the shore -- at the expense of marine life.

This does not mean that the dispersant is harmless, however. Protect the Ocean points out that "oil is toxic at 11 ppm while Corexit 9500 is toxic at only 2.61 ppm; Corexit 9500 is four times as toxic as the oil itself." Dispersants generally go a long way, with one gallon treating about 20 gallons of oil. But with the amount of oil seeping into the ocean potentially ten times more than originally estimated and a permanent solution possibly months away, dispersant use could drastically increase.

Source

So let me make sure I see this right, instead of trying out less destructive means first, they go with an Oil dispersant that really doesn't clean up the oil, it just keeps it underwater where it will do more damage to marine life and hides it from plain view.

Meanwhile, there are far less destructive (and cost effective IMO) ways of dealing with this. Hell they might as well seal it with a nuke considering the damage they are doing. I mean 2.26 ppm!!!! Wtf!

An intelligent person would think they would want to do as little damage as possible to the marine life due to the commercial fishing industry and all the livelihoods that are at stake.

What is the reasoning behind doing more damage? What is the reasoning behind creating a worse problem? What is the reasoning behind turning down alternative methods?

I am done! I cannot take another second of this. I cannot fully describe the fury that is pumping through me right now. Killing mother earth for 1 dollar at a time.

How long will the majority sit back and let these scallions get away with this bull $#*t?

This makes me want to vomit.....

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Yeah, definately seems like they're messing around on purpose. "Just" another distraction that ends up destroying the world incrementally.

DaMod, I feel you, this is demoralizing as hell and it just keeps on getting crazier, day by day.

If I didn't keep an emotional shield around myself I'd be perpetually drained of energy.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Absorbent W is a great product.. not being used.
www.komonews.com...

Oil Gone Easy is another great product.. not being used.
www.oilgoneeasy.com...

Using hay.. not being used.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread.. Global Environmental Technology's product.. not being used.
www.sott.net...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
so if oil is coming out of the floor at 60k barrels per day we would only need like what 1,260,000 lbs of this stuff per day and that doesn't even count all the oil that's already been spilled? Sounds pretty doable to me, I'm sure that adding that much of something would never have a negative impact either.

Well said. My thoughts exactly. This oil spill is now larger than the state of Florida. How long would it take this company to manufacture enough of their material to cover the state of Florida? 100 years?

No conspiracy here...just a company using a catastrophe to get some free advertising for their stock.

One of the best containment materials for oil is chicken feathers. KFC stock should be skyrocketing now!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I'm certain there are dozens of solutions out there from innovative companies that would work far, far better than what they're doing now.

In fact, were it not for the Fed involvement, BP would probably be considering some of these solutions.

But the Fed's regulatory bureaucratic red-tape will not allow this to happen.

If this wasn't a disaster before, it certainly will be now that they're involved. Never let a good crisis go to waste.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I just came acorss this BBC article about hair, not being used

news.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join