It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hopefully NOT Prophetic Dream!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I have been chewing on whether I should post this or not, but this dream wont leave my thoughts, and I really just feel the urge to get it "out" there.

I've been having bizarre and vivid dreams lately, as it is, but this one..well I have no clue at ALL where this would come from..Ive never thought of anything like it.

There is a huge man-made island..the size of a large city. The island is not made of earth, but all man-made materials, steel, etc. There are huge "guns", around the edges of the "floating city". Like you would see on a war ship, huge, 80 feet long..Im guessing.
There were metal "apartment buildings". I cant really call them apartments, but more of a dwelling. They reminded me of a train car, with several rooms.
All of "us" were put into this city, each family occupying a dwelling. Entire families shared one apartment, I can see there were 2 sleeping rooms, living area and kitchen.
On the outside of each apartment, was a strange number system, electronic.

In each living room, there was a large, flat screen monitor attached to the wall. The monitor could not be turned off, there was no OFF button. The volume could be turned down, but not all the way off.

There was only one television station and it played on this monitor, 24 hours a day. It was "their" television station.
We were allowed a few articles of clothing, basic cooking utensils, meager hygiene products, and bizarre enough, a computer. "They" provided us with internet, but it was "THEIR" internet.
I remember, feeling a hopeful moment in the dream, when all of us found out a man, several apartments down from us, had figured out how to hack into the REAL internet. But "they" found out, went into his apartment, dragged him to the street and executed him.
I knew in my dream that we were constantly monitored.

There were soldiers that guarded this city, and there were times when more came. These times, each family was required to take some of the soldiers into our house. We had to give them our sleeping quarters, and cook for them. They were allowed to do whatever they wanted..including rape.

I remember feeling an utter terror that I cant even describe. The feeling was so grim..no future..but I do remember gathering my family in a bedroom..turning up the tv louder and whispering, we will try and find a way to escape..you'll see..
I thought about tunneling under the floor..but the island was metal..

I thought we could jump off into the water..but it was a hundred of feet up..at least. Also, the guns would kill us..
The numbers on the outside of the apartment were also strange..I felt..although I didnt see it in my dream, that we all had a "card" of some sort..and it matched those numbers..since we didnt have money here..I thought in my head..it was like our "number".
I know there was more to this..but I woke up in just utter terror..I have never experienced anything like this..and Ive had tornado dreams, astroid dreams..but none gave me the hopeless, fear that this dream did.

Has anyone else experienced a vision, or dream of this sort? I just hope this is NOT prophetic, as I sure dont claim to be a prophet

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Very strange indeed.

It's quite possible that you're having a prophetic dream from way in the future...or your dream is a metaphor for something in your life currently.

If it's a recurring dream then gather as much information as possible by asking questions to the other "people" in your dream...especially what year it is...that might let you better understand what it is you're dreaming about.

Good luck.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Your dream remains me of the book 1984. Those are very disturbing details. I have had a dream almost like yours but it was an attempt to save "special people" and was a happy dream.

However, the details from your dream are chilling, but yet I wish you could have finished the dream so there would be more details. I have no idea what it could mean, it could have just been a regular scary dream.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Sounds a lot like George Orwells 1984 especially the part about the TV sets that can't be turned off.

It's certainly a very grim dystopia, but I personally don't see the world moving in that direction, although I have no doubt that there are very powerful people who would like to see a scenario like that come true.

Maybe that's what you're picking up on?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Wow majorly dystopian dream. Did you get an impression why you and the others were selected to be put on the metal island? Just wondering because that might be a clue as to why you dreamt of this. That is, if the reason relates to something going on in your life at the moment.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I haven't had that kind of dream, but you did mention the tornado dream. I have those constantly. Even in dreams that aren't about tornado's there in them...good or bad.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
while dreams are sometimes prophetic, I believe they are mainly a output to inner fears, thoughts, etc, sometimes our minds need to work out things in own wierd way to put things into perspective in our waking life.

imo your dream reflects your fears of the future. I'd take all the scifi aspects as just your personal way of putting things into perspective for you, you may have an affinity to such subjects, read a book recently or watched a movie or show that subconsciously influenced you. The constant one source of media such as the tv that can't be turned off, could be that you feel you are influenced by one person only, someone or some group that always has always has an opinion, input, voice in decisions you make. You feel like you may need to escape or get out of situation but you are unable to due to people around you again who influence your actions.

highly recommend keeping a dream diary and go back to it ever so often to see what patterns develop in your sleeping and waking life.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well this was obviously a nightmare.

I rarely remember what I dreamed, maybe it's a good thing.

Your nightmare sounds indeed a lot like 1984 and must have been scary, I can only imagine the relief of waking up.

I hope you have more pleasant dreams and that this nightmare doesn't come back.

Take care and thanks for sharing.

GM

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Like others have said this might be one scenario among a multitude of scenarios of future realities depending on your state of mind and what you choose to let your reality be;- ie; one of fear or a one of love, peace, joy, happiness and goodwill and sharing between all

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Wow majorly dystopian dream. Did you get an impression why you and the others were selected to be put on the metal island? Just wondering because that might be a clue as to why you dreamt of this. That is, if the reason relates to something going on in your life at the moment.

Yes, I totally forgot to mention one aspect..since I was trying to remember as much as I could as writing it down..my mind just isnt working too well tonight..lol
Anyway..there was a mass genocide of certain races in my dream..I dont know exactly which ones..it wasnt very specific..but they were testing our dna to find out what race we were..luckily I was Swedish, and no threat..
I got the feeling we were there to work..if you couldnt work, or were a threat..you were eliminated..
Grim, yes..this all I can say..and thanks to everyone for wishing happier dreams..Im going to do a Happy Gilmore and think of my happy place before I sleep tonight

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I have had many vivid dreams that seem to be the future where the earth is baron, city's are demolished and water has risen to submerge the buildings not completely but the lower halves and I always am looking for people. I also have dreams of earthquakes or other destruction taking place with major city's its funny you bring this up because I tell no one about them. Something to keep in mind I have been having the dreams since I was a little kid some of them are reoccurring. And I know dreams are dreams and anything can influence them so take it as a grain of salt.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
I have been chewing on whether I should post this or not, but this dream wont leave my thoughts, and I really just feel the urge to get it "out" there.

Thanks for sharing. Heck I get many vivid dreams like this. But in the waking moments, I'm completely normal, though I enjoy flying in the air and passing thru walls and mating during the dream.
But dont read too much into these dreams, if it does not affect your daily life.

Good Luk

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

You bring real meaning to the phrase "Orwellian Nightmare" I sure hope it doesn't come true!

Sounds like a cool dream and maybe a good idea for a screenplay or something. World population is reduced except for a few left on a floating city/prison for some sinister operation, while the elite enjoy the rest of the world for themselves.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Did you also see army personnel.? I've had some vivid dreams of army personnel going door to door and yes they also came to me and there were stairs to ne go tiate downwards, and i kept asking them, what year this is and i think they said 2012. They had mongoloid features and wore north korean type uniforms or like the japs in ww 2

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by savvys84

Did you also see army personnel.? I've had some vivid dreams of army personnel going door to door and yes they also came to me and there were stairs to ne go tiate downwards, and i kept asking them, what year this is and i think they said 2012. They had mongoloid features and wore north korean type uniforms or like the japs in ww 2

Actually yes..but I really didnt want to write it here..at first I thought they were nazi's..but, I realized they werent the "real" nazi's..I guess a form of them..if that makes any sense..

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I was more or less thinking the same thing.

I would also be afraid of the future on how things are going unless some reset button is pressed. I'd rather face that than strict rules of how to live.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Hey wow that's amazing.

That's sounds like Seasteading gone awry.
seasteading.org...

There are many different kinds of seasteaders.
some of them are admitedly authoritarian orwellian style dictators.

while others are lesse faire do what thou wilt kind of people.

there are a few floating islands already,
none of them that I know of yet are ocean worthy.

though even I have some design plans to make it happen.
I'm more for paradise style atom-tribes,
forest gardening, fabrication lab, democracy.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by lowki]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Wow!! Im sorry you dreamed of something that deep. That makes 2 of us... Do you remember what the building looked like exactly... I have these dreams where i fly. As i mentioned in other post. But on this particular night i had a dream kinda more or less the same situation. But i didnt waste anytime getting out of there. I asked no question to anybody. As soon as i realized my surrounds I had people chasing me. The building in my dream where fairly tall so even tho i wasnt on the ground these people where like reaching out the windows as i flew past them. Felt like I was a threat of some sort. And if felt so real. I would feel them grabbing my cloths trying to pull me down. My biggest regret was not sticking around to ask question.

Anybody know good question to ask while im dreaming?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fumez2323

Wow!! Im sorry you dreamed of something that deep. That makes 2 of us... Do you remember what the building looked like exactly... I have these dreams where i fly. As i mentioned in other post. But on this particular night i had a dream kinda more or less the same situation. But i didnt waste anytime getting out of there. I asked no question to anybody. As soon as i realized my surrounds I had people chasing me. The building in my dream where fairly tall so even tho i wasnt on the ground these people where like reaching out the windows as i flew past them. Felt like I was a threat of some sort. And if felt so real. I would feel them grabbing my cloths trying to pull me down. My biggest regret was not sticking around to ask question.

Anybody know good question to ask while im dreaming?

Was it on an artificial island?
What was the color of the water?

What did the boats look like?

Was the island modular?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Man, that's depressing. I've never had a dystopian dream, but most of my dreams are nightmares.

Is this sort of future something you worry about? Or do you feel trapped in your current situation by circumstances beyond your control?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join