It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's job performance STILL at 48%???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Can someone please explain this to me? how in the world can Obama's numbers STILL be this high and the numbers for "The direction the country is in" and "Democrat approval" be this low?? Should they not resemble eachother more?

How can Obma still have so much support now that he has effed up so much and so often? Can someone smarter than me, someone that understands phsycology, someone that has some sort of schooling behind them, please, explain how 47% of THIS country is still behind this man????? How can he be in charge of the Democrats in congress, in charge for the direction of the country BUT he can dissasociate himself from that???

(These numbers were taken from Rassmusen's latest but all the polls seem to be hovering about the same.)www.rasmussenreports.com...

Obama's Job approval = 47%
Direction of the country = 33%
Democrat job approval = 37%

There is something not right with these poll results, not that the polls are wrong but something is making people forgive Obama on everything he does wrong and somehow they still like him?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's because some of us still remember George W. Though in all honesty I can barely tell the difference between the two. Everything is exactly the same except for the health care thing. Hell, half of Obama's administration are leftover republicans from the Bush admin.

One thing I regret about Obama is he's not as funny as George W.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

sorry but thats not the answer. Bush's numbers were in the low 30's if I remember correctly.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The vast majority of people are politically ignorant. As long as they still have a job or their welfare check they are happy. They don't care about what legislation is passed or the consequences of it.
The only thing that will change their opinion is if their favorite celebrity's start talking down the president.
I bet 80% of Americans couldn't name 2 justices on the supreme court.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DucTape

damm, you're so right, i remember during the election, they interviewed people that couldn't even name Obama's running mate.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Actually, that's exactly my point. Bush's numbers were in the low 30's meaning some people still remember that they disliked him even more than Obama.

Just a thought though. Not saying that is a sole reason, but maybe a contributing factor. I know it affects how I think about Obama. Though like I said, they are really part I and part II of the same machine if looked at logically.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DucTape

only 80%? (ginsberg, sculia) lol more like 95%. It is sad that the majority of people can't manage any kind of deliberative thought regarding issues larger than celebrity culture.

new topics

top topics

join