It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS Snaps Trees

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Sorry mate but we dont get ice storms or Tornados there was 1 past Dumblane but thats about it was not powerfull the likes of what you get in America they get ice storms but not stirling city also our winter we got about minus 7. 8 mabe. we had snow here for a couple of weeks at best 4 inches deep around our Area If you look at the video you will see its the trunk of the trees not branches that have snaped and bent over the thickest part. I dont think it was ice mate. are you trying to pull someones LEG.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a good peice of kit to have whilst looking for possible ufo debris is a geiger counter. i have no idea as to how much one would cost though but thinking about it.... i want one as we in wales have an increasing ufo sighting rate.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

I dont no how much that would cost but anyway Theres a few of us going up there in a few days with metal detectors, we will use it on the trees that have snaped to see if theres anything there hopefully there will be I will film it and show the results here on Ats.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ufosbri

ya well the article I linked says otherwise and quite recently.

I mean I am not discounting the other possibilities, but it is the way in which you set this up and immediately tried to protest any other options.. makes me think you doth protest too much.

and more evidence.
www.dailyrecord.co.uk...
this was found by googling weather stirling scotland winter 2010

[edit on 12-5-2010 by NephraTari]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Your news clip is about the Highlands mate 200 miles from stirling infact its more than that Im not discounting anything Mabe the weight of ice on a branch will bend it mabe even break it but not the trunk mate.
The dailymail says the north of Scotland no were near Stirling a flutter of snow in Glasgow No were near Stirling get some decent facts dude its no good for this thead. A tornado will strip a tree bare not just break it at the top.

[edit on 24/09/2008 by ufosbri]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
At 3 pages, this is getting silly.

Blokes films lights on a small hill months ago
(probably local yoof on trial bikes).

Months later, films broken branches on some trees on same hill.
(probably local yoof mucking around or the wind or the results of some forestry clearing works or all 3)

Ergo UFO crashes into trees.

Moral:never give an unemployed bloke a video camera.

Sorry to be harsh, but c'mon I can't see the wood for the trees on this one.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ufosbri

It would have been nice to see a before picture that could solidify this encounter. However, your findings are quite good. It's nice to see evidence like this sometimes.

I seen a ufo once it went west toward an "Air and weapons range" possibly to an air base that was by the testing range.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ufosbri

Re your video Cumbernauld airport is very close so are Glasgow and Edinburgh airports as well,what was filmed at night looks like AIRCRAFT lights nothing more ,now the trees YOU dont know when they were damaged so I doubt it was what you are claiming.

Its amazing how the Bonnybridge/Falkirk area of Scotland became a UFO hotspot after the Cumbernauld airport opened

Re ice / snow on trees plenty of trees brought down along the A9 because of this and snow was very bad during Jan/Feb in central Scotland

[edit on 12-5-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ufosbri

I don't know how thick ice gets on your trees there but there are ice storms here that can snap a trunk of that width. frozen water on many branches is exceedingly heavy.

but yes it could be something else.. the only thing was your video was just not that compelling.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

Thats like saying with the roswell crash dam it they could have taken photos of the area before they crashed hello.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ufosbri

I'd be interested to see your findings when you go back there. Just to mention, there was some orb activity in another set of woods here two nights ago. Tried to get close to it but freaked out as I was on my own and it was dark. So hoping to scout the area when I get time to see if there's anything 'amiss'. Will let you know...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

Thanks were going up this monday and hopefully we find something if the objects were metal of some kind theres a chance.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
To eliminate the possibility of snow damage from this year's severe winter a visit needs to be made to a similar woodland nearby and record how many snapped trees there are there. If none, then interesting, otherwise this proves nothing at all.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by highlander08]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by highlander08

I will try that to see if theres any damage to other forests nearby.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Luke Idea

My buddy lived up in the Pocono mountains in the 1990's, and told me that on a few occasions he watched as "clear" (you could see through them, though distorted like the predator movie) ufo craft flew silently overhead above the tree lines, and as they flew over the trees bent towards them, then snapped back, as if powerfully attracted to them. Maybe some of them do snap from the sheer force of attraction, instead of actual contact. just a thought.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
anybody can go snap trees. doesnt mean its a ufo

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jymmyjaymes

Theres quite a few reports of ufos in forests one comes to mind the Fife incedent dont know if you no about that.

Rendlesham forest Incedent.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by highlander08

Anyway I went two two forests kingspark caron dam neer that to see if there was any broken trees there that were similar I walked half mile into each and never found any trees that had snaped the same way. mmm I did find trees that had falling but it seemed to be whole trees that were uproted a few older trees that had falling to the ground But not trees that had snaped 20 feet up strange mabe this proves something else snaped those tree its a possibility.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It sure does look to me as if all those broken trees were either dead or dying and the damage seems consistent with winds. I see nothing unusual here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join