It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95% of People not from Australia or New Zealand, suck at Geography

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

i have seen a lot of evidence on ATS that many of your fellow countrymen are unfit to be left unsupervised

Oooh, that's harsh. A goodly number of Aussies couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery, but they are usually pretty tame when you leave 'em alone.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Just shows how silly people can be & need to pay more attention in geography class, & realize their little backyard isn't the "be all & ends all"of the world.
To all people, there is a whole world out there, so don't just think your country is the most important

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Don't sweat it muzzleflash, if you think about it OP has a point. Most people cling to self perceived 'truths' that are anything but. Let me give you an example. Australia calls it's military the Australian Defence Force, yet historically it has very little to do with defence, in fact it would be better described as an offence force. Here's another, most people believe their government is there to serve them, hence the term public servant, however how can they serve you when they are completely unaccountable to you? Some more examples for your consideration

1. Democracy is a system for the people to choose which type of government they want. (not true, never was, read Plato's Republic to see what democracy really means)

2. The police are there to serve and protect (ok this is partially true, however the people within society who it applies to is very, very slim)

3. Laws prevent crime (if this were true then as the amount of laws increase then you would expect to see a decrease in crime, the reverse is true)

I could go on and will if the OP wants but I hope this is enough to demonstrate that we can all be fooled into believing something that is not true and by the same token dismiss things that maybe true but don't fit into our own belief systems.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by SOXMIS]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Because 95% of all threads are crap here...you really have to dig around to find the good ones.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Since the subject had pretty much died down, only leaving some people wondering instead of chatting about it, why did you feel it necessary to pollute the front page with more details on why those individuals who remember it differently are stupid/ignorant/etc?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
looking at the tread title, it is my guess that all auzzies suck in math.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I have stared this Oz because my wife would not know how the hell to navigate or even know East from West?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass

Yeh right we suck!

I think Aussies are way ahead in that respect.

Maths/Calc's not math.

Live in Oz but Uk born

[edit on 10/5/10 by Bob Down Under]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

"You can prove anything with facts"!*

Homer Simpson.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under

Yeh right we suck!

I think Aussies are way ahead in that respect.

Maths/Calc's not math.

Live in Oz but Uk born

95% of 6 billion and some couple of hundred millions is app. 6 billion.
6 billion people suck in geography because there is a tread that has over a 100 people who just suck in geography.

[Dumbed by Dumbass]

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Dumbass]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I'm 20, I don't use any kind of drugs, and I don't have problems to stand up and say " Yes, I know what a timeline shift is ".

Its the typical thing that is always in front of us but we can't see.

And its all true.

I have read all the topics about timeline shifts entirely and posted in it my experiences.

Showing maps won't help yourself to convince yourself that " this can't be true, oh my God, I'm going to lose control of myself, I'm going to be considered ignorant from my fellow friends ! "...

Please...You are all deniers.

I have a IQ of 110 in a foreign language that is not my mother one, my mother one is Italian, I live in North Italy, I attended the best high school in Italy and I have maps pictures all over my home.

All over my home. And I still know that somehow in my past, those maps changed all together.
I do remember New Zealand in another place.

I used to look to those maps everyday, I knew by heart all of the most important cities in the world, I was used to be called " the one who knows it all " .

I'm not ignorant at geography, nor at history, I did all by myself, I studied to knew it by heart, those two subjects.

I recently became atheist and I don't know if belief in God its right, because I know, I just know, that when we die, we just change universe where to live.
But not only when we die. We do shift so many times they can't be counted.

I have premonitory dreams all the time and I know dreams are other universes we can see.
I recognized real people in dreams and met them later in time in my real life.
Same face, same name, same birthday.

You know what?

Its the ignorant who don't know geography that go around telling people timeline shifts aren't possible.
All the people that I know suck in geography are those sceptics that have a closed mind.

I was the one who in May 2008 was astonished because of the sudden change in the sun light, that was too much bright.
That thread something has changed timeline? explained to me all of it.

So, now I see people telling me " We do this tomorrow " and coming back the next day and they tell me " we do this today. You knew that..." and the thing we're going to do is totally another thing.
I look to a person who's walking, I turn my head looking for a single second to a shop , and than, I look again , and that person is not there anymore. Disappeared. Completely.

The other day, I was walking to a school conference and I watched a street clock with the date: October 5 2010.
( Do I looked to it in the wrong way? No, it wasn't May 10 because May 10 is today, and I was going that way on May 7. And, no, there weren't 5 or 10 degrees , so no, it wasn't the temperature )
At the conference, the man was only talking about Hiroshima, without mentioning Nagasaki. Though the topic was not exactly 1945, this is history and I would always mention two towns being nuked, not only one.

I knew, I was convinced that April 25 was a very bad day, I was nervous to live that day.
Woke up quietly on that morning, but the first thing my mother told me, was " Your friend has died in a car accident tonight ".
I just knew.
April 25 was in my memory as a damned bad day.
And now I'm waiting for the second one, May 11 .
I feel like I already lived it all. My dreams have become like memories.
My premonitory dreams when they realize themselves are like watching your memory of a event becoming real.

Don't call me uneducated. I went out of a Classic High School Lyceum, I still know by heart the most important cities and I know where all the countries are located.
I wrote 7 books in 5 years. I think I'm functional as a individual.

Timeline shifts have always been right, all the time, in all the history.
You can't admit it? To yourself? Well, so, you just have to wake up, observing your world and taking notice of little things.

This thread recalls to me a class of kids bullying the ones who " know the truth " because they can't accept it.
All this flaming. We don't flame you. Why you do that?

I have a open mind. I have weird beliefs. Everybody has the right to believe whatever he/she wants to believe.

Do I have really to recall to you what " sapient " people have told about the most important inventions of human kind when they were shown to the public?
Like " The internet won't last a year " or " Who would want to see someone acting a story ? " or " Shame to people who think the blood circulation is real ".

Also, to add something significant, Evasius, who is a very well known Timewave researcher, knows that time shifts are real and he told us his experiences.
I think he's not uneducated, but instead very intelligent.

Oh, and remember...The day that one very famous celebrity ( Michael Jackson ) or some politician turns out to be alive again, I won't jump myself out of a window out of fear...
The kind of people who go nuts because they are insulted by a phenomenon are the ones who will freak out.

Its because I've already seen a person I thought she was dead coming alive again, all of a sudden, walking in the streets.
A simple woman, who obviously has not been cloned.

The keyword to unlock reality, the real reality is " Reality is stranger than fiction ".

Please, wake up, so that we can all search for the truth instead of walking back in the darkness of ignorance...

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Zagari]

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Zagari]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
While it's hard to debate whether or not New Zealand was ever anywhere else, because it's always been there, I find you to be quite a rude person. Does this mean that 95% of Australians are complete and utter t***s?

While the people of Europe have always joked about how ignorant the Americans are about the rest of the world, how much informations do Europeans have about America? It's just arrogance to make certain statements.

While most people don't know much about America themselves, I can be sure that they do know a lot more about America than they do know about Australia. Why??? Because who really gives a s**t about Australia? It's not a country most other countries bother about when it comes to history or geography. While I'm not trying to insult Australia, it's a great country with great people(although that can be disputed), it does not mean that other countries will give it any credit at all. Which Australian people feel they deserve.

And that's the reason, if you'll believe it, that you'll have nutjobs claiming that New Zealand has shifted from the west towards the east(maybe New Zealand didn't like being in Australia's shadow for all those years?). Life is filled with arrogant en quite missguided people, that know nothing about a certain subject, yet will claim to be experts. They've never been interested in Australia and New Zealand, but then suddenly they see both on a map and it's not like they recall it.

Just imagine showing these people what has happened in Dubai over the past 10 years, see if they'll freak. "OMG, where did that come from? That Palmtree looking thing never had a city attached to it, where did that city come from?".

I myself was amazed at how close Australia was to Asia. I remember it to be quite far from Asia. But hey, that's just my memory and I was mistaken. But that's what you get when you don't really pay any attention to certain matters.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
And that's the reason, if you'll believe it, that you'll have nutjobs claiming that New Zealand has shifted from the west towards the east(maybe New Zealand didn't like being in Australia's shadow for all those years?). Life is filled with arrogant en quite missguided people, that know nothing about a certain subject, yet will claim to be experts. They've never been interested in Australia and New Zealand, but then suddenly they see both on a map and it's not like they recall it.

Its not my case. When I was a kid, my father travelled to Australia and we as a family became people in love with Oceania...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I starred your post because, while I don't agree with you topically, I agree with you in principle. You had some very valid points.

Although please don't bring your IQ into it. It honestly has no bearing on this matter (though I know it has been put across that way). For the record I have a decent grasp of maths (directed at Dumbass lol).

I have no idea why, when looking at a map and seeing countries in different places then they remember, someone would come to the final conclusion of timeline shift. Is that really the most likely answer?

Why then are there no other differences noted? I would guess (through my limited feline brain) that if a timeline did indeed change, and countries are in different positions then they were, that there would be other drastic changes as well.

For the record I did read other people saying they had noticed people they knew acting differently and such. I still fail to see the connection (and why the conclusion was made) to a timeline shift.

FTR, I noticed the sun brighter than usual in 2008.

I think that you shouldn't take ATS members' comments personally. After all, this is the internet. Some people will always find something to disagree with and I think people have been largely respectful in this thread.

We should agree to disagree

[edit on 10/5/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I've always been amazed at how bad peoples geography is.

I'm English but i think my geography in general is very good.

It's when you watch some game shows etc and people just seem to be amazingly bad at geography and I'm sitting there going "how can you not know that?"

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
95% of people not from Australia or New Zealand suck at Geography 100% of the time. Making up statistics that do not make sense is fun.
On topic, I can see why some non-Australians/New Zealanders may be mistaken when having to locate the certain countries positions in and around Australiasia and perhaps Asia. Being from Europe myself, I do remember the vast majority of our geography class was focused on Europe, which is probably true for most North/South American, Asian etc. countries also.
It was just the other day I was looking at a map of Europe, noticed Iceland's size and position seemed a little off, and wondered if the map was wrong. Some maps that take the curvature of the earth into account give the illusion that Iceland is directly above Ireland, whereas flat maps have it to the North-West.

So you can see how some people may be mistaken, but on the other hand, this doesn't explain how some people could think a country is on the other side of a large landmass. Maybe they all had their atlas's upside down in school?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
I've always been amazed at how bad peoples geography is.

I'm English but i think my geography in general is very good.

It's when you watch some game shows etc and people just seem to be amazingly bad at geography and I'm sitting there going "how can you not know that?"

But don't you think they just pick these people because it will make good television? There is no entertainment in seeing people knowing the simple questions. It's entertainment when they don't.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by insideNSA

all the self proclaiming smarties and geographical wizards crack me up. if people have been popping into different dimensions there is absolutely no way to prove this. so Mr. 1972 rand mcnally map man... do you understand what these people are saying? it doesn't matter how old your map is, if people pop into this world then of course your map would be accurate... but for this dimension, not theirs

We get it, Mr./Ms. Dimensional Afficiando. Apparently the folks that claim a shift in their geographical awareness were "away" quite some time, right? Long enough for the different map to have imprinted upon their minds. Of course, nothing else was different, right? Just the relationship of NZ to OZ? No other changes, like say, different people around them, , NZ having evolved different animals/flora than are currently apparent, relationship of stars (Why oh why would I even plant the seed), even different haircuts, clothes, etc. etc.

That's one possibility, something we cannot disprove, as you pointed out. Still another possibility is that everyone experiences these shifts, but only a select few remember them. Yet another is that cartographers over the years, subtly alter things -- the michevious little scamps. We have to consider the possibility that there are those who so love a gritty conspiracy that they "feel" the rightness of whole landmasses being perceived by them as being different than they currently are in this REALITY. The list of possibilities are truly endless.

The list of probabilities to address this question seem somewhat limited, particularly in light of the anecdotal evidence "supporting" people experiencing a dimensional shift.

On MY reality timeline, everything is the same, although I confess there are whole months of 1977 that I cannot recall. hmmmmm...

Edit for seplinlg

[edit on 10/5/10 by argentus]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I looked right now to a global map in my home, the one who always stays in my room when I go to sleep, and I have always a chance to see that one map everyday.

I remember New Zealand being side by side with Papua New Guinea, they shared the same land-piece.
Now New Guinea is isolated and New Zealand is in totally another place.
And I've been always in love with Oceania.

I know, timeline shift is not the first reason it came in my mind...Just, I think this is it...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Wow... so many replies to a thread that follows an insanely illogical thread that also insults everyone not from a specific area of the world. Way to go..

I think that unless that figure is meant in jest because of so many replies to the aforementioned thread, that you have just gone a long way to insulting probably 95% of the world.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join