It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Pointed Star, Symbolic meaning?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Excellent post since I was wondering the same thing!

What is the meaning of a 10 pointed black star?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I found a little info for you, but I'm not sure that I know what the info means, its from a website called Golden Dawn
Theres loads of info on different occult symbology and about 5 different 10 pointed stars "Dekagrams"

Heres just one of them

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/394b90ca569a.gif[/atsimg]

The Dekagram, fourth form, reflected from every fifth point. The Dekagram reflected from every fifth point is composed of two Pentagrams within a Circle. It shows the operation of the duplicated HEH of the Tetragrammaton and the concentration of the Positive and Negative forces of the Spirit and the four Elements under the presidency of the Potencies of the Five in Binah, the Revolutions of the forces under AlMA, the Great Mother.

I have no idea what any of that means but you can find the other forms here

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hey Onequestion,

First off, 10 points does relate to two pentagrams. The first is right-side up signifying the triumph of spirit over matter. The second is upside-down signifying the triumph of matter over spirit. When overlapped it is a symbol of balanced spirit and matter. Kind of like someone who has achieved spiritual insight, but has not lost their grip on reality. A very delicate symbol not often associated with simple practices as most laymen are either too spiritual or too materialistic to be balanced.

The Golden Dawn image posted earlier relates to a practice known as Qabala, a theosophical practice related to the Tree of Life and the 10 sephiroth emanating from the Godhead therein. It's not a horribly complex thing to explain if you're interested, but, to understand the finer details (like BINAH and AIMA) would require a little more in-depth study.

Suffice it to say, in Qabala, Binah is the third emanation of God and represents the feminine nature of reality. This balances the masculine nature (called Chokmah) creating the spirit and matter overlap I explained above. The elements as used in the quote work like this:

| Upright |

Fire - the Will of man
Water - all of man's knowledge
Air - all of man's conceptual ability
Earth - all of man's faith

Spirit - man's ability to merge with God

| Inverted |

Fire - misdirected efforts
Water - a stagnation in emotions
Air - a time of rest without new ideas
Earth - crises of faith

Spirit - man's constant questioning of God's existence

When overlapped these "elements" fuel each other on: misdirected effort allows for correction, getting comfortable with your friends and family causes unrest which makes you seek new associates; the recuperation before new ideas flourish; every crises in faith allows man to reaffirm his beliefs, or cast them off; every question of God can allow one to become closer to God.

It's more complex than that, but there you go.

I 'spose like all things there are a multitude of meanings for the decagram or the decagon. I could maybe try and look up some more for you if you're interested.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I also tried to look up 10 pointed star and didn't get much. I was told it was an anti-star or a dark star. The 10 pointed star was in the center of a bird that reminded me of Hitler somehow. When he described the black star as an anti-star I got the creeps.

I decided I wasn't interested in joining his group just because of the star. Wierd, huh?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join