It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle Category

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm just making a suggestion of adding a Crop Circle category. As the Crop Circle season has just started there are going to be many new threads started on this topic.

I remember last year that many of the UFO posters were upset that there were so many Crop Circle threads in the UFO category.

Perhaps its time to have it's own category.

Thanks for the consideration.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
I'm just making a suggestion of adding a Crop Circle category. As the Crop Circle season has just started there are going to be many new threads started on this topic.

I remember last year that many of the UFO posters were upset that there were so many Crop Circle threads in the UFO category.

Crop Circle threads fit perfectly in the Skunk Works forum, which is where most are moved to from A&U.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Crop Circle threads fit perfectly in the Skunk Works forum, which is where most are moved to from A&U.

Who made that executive decision?

It's a really backward call to label something as MAGNIFICENT as Crop Circles to the BS Forum.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Skunk Works is NOT a BS Forum:

This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

Unless a crop circle thread is shown to be related to Aliens & UFO, Skunk Works is perfect place for it. So far, its pure speculation as to the origin and most crop circle threads presented do not show any correlation to Aliens & UFOs.

[edit on May 10th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Skunk Works does not mean 'stinky threads.'

The designation "skunk works", or "skunkworks", is widely used in business, engineering, and technical fields to describe a group within an organization given a high degree of autonomy and unhampered by bureaucracy, tasked with working on advanced or secret projects.

en.wikipedia.org...

In other words, it's a designated ATS forum for speculative topics where threads in that forum are given a little bit more leeway and even protection from the 'PROOF PROOF PROOF' demands and other rigorous hoop-jumping of other forums.

Skunworks is a perfectly acceptable and respectable forum to host threads on the crop circle phenomenon. The phenomenon is not positively related to UFO/Aliens topics. It could be aliens, hoaxers, artists, or a mix of all of the above.

Also, if a crop circle thread is fitting for the Alien/UFO forum, it needs to have an obvious UFO/Alien angle. Not a simple 'check out these latest crop circle photos. Awesome!' Etc.

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I agree, Crop Circles deserve their own forum, for in depth study and to keep track of any latest developments.

They get lost in Skunk works, and nobody ever seems to know which topic to post it under.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I don't see that Crop Circles are any more speculative than UFOs.

Certainly if you have read the immense research and study done on crop circles, there is plenty of evidence to give some credence that there is something going on here.

I won't go into a long reponse regarding all of the evidence and research unless you wish me to do so.

The subject itself stimulates huge debates as to their origins.

There is a huge following of Crop Circles and to add a Crop Circle category would only be an enhancement to the ATS website.

To dismiss it to the Skunkworks forum, is a actually a bit insulting to the phenomena.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yeah we have a hoax board and a trash bin.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

To dismiss it to the Skunkworks forum, is a actually a bit insulting to the phenomena.

There is absolutely nothing dismissive or insulting about the Skunk Works forum. Please review AshleyD's concise and excellent explanation above.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I support the decision to move crop circle threads to skunkworks if they don't get their own forum.

So far nobody has proven that crop circles have anything to do with Aliens or UFO's. So until that day comes, it should stay out of the A&U forums.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I will have to explore Skunk works, but why not put them in Fragile Earth? We don't know what causes eqs and volcanoes either, but they are certianly real. Perhaps a Crop Circle 2010 thread where all the new ones are listed and we can speculate on what they mean and how they were formed. Laydown patterns and germination stats fit Fragile Earth too. Just a thought.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
crop circles sadly too often are the product of hoaxes.

also with things like HAARP active and other types of black projects its hard to know the origins of crop circles. It might be best to create one thread this summer for these and keep them all in one place. just an idea until we can get to the bottom of the phenomenon.

to many people crop circles are a source of mental energy that unites their mind and body. Many of these people feel a draw to them and they cant explain why. I think this is why its so important to keep them alive in the skunk works or in some other manner discussing how they affect people spiritually in the metaphysics forum. For many its more then just ufos and aliens and weather they are real or not, people feel a strong connection to them.

If you start a crop circle discussion about these characteristics post it to metaphysics. I would think this would be a great area since many people have discussed healing properties associated with them. Sometimes its more about the context of the discussion of a topic and finding the right place with the right posters who might be better suited to enjoy a healthy discussion with.

top topics

join