It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Steven Jones Revisited: In His Own Words

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So he invited people and they agreed. Of course they did because they showed up. No one would show up and try to contradict him, that is for the putz from Loose Change to do and interrupt real discussions and venues.

How about he sends his data to CalTech, or MIT, or Stanford? Why, because they would laugh at him and show the rest of us it is bunk. He is not published in ANY respectable journal. He paid to be published. BYU is not listed in either the top 20 Engineering or gradate schools. Not to say it is not a good school but it is not the best. Let his peers at any of these colleges review his findings and they will find he must have been smoking that red dust.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the disinfo thread.

And as the title says, IN HIS OWN WORDS but not peer reviewed...

or you can read what BYU says...

newsnet.byu.edu...

[edit on 12-5-2010 by esdad71]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

How about he sends his data to CalTech, or MIT, or Stanford?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-5-2010 by esdad71]

MIT did an independant investigation about the WTC collapse.

web.mit.edu...

"we do believe that the primary damage suffered by the South tower via initial impact alone was sever enough to bring it down with very little outside help"

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

How about he sends his data to CalTech, or MIT, or Stanford? Why, because they would laugh at him and show the rest of us it is bunk.

So the scientists, professors and physicists at CalTech, MIT and Stanford or all going to be correct and the scientists, professors and physicists at BYU don't know what they're talking about?

This is getting more ridiculous by the day.

Let his peers at any of these colleges review his findings and they will find he must have been smoking that red dust.

His peers at BYU agreed that there needs to be a new investigation based on his research. The head of the physics department said that his thermitic paper was "sound science".

What it seems like to me is that anyone that agrees with Dr. Jones' work will be attacked and ridiculed while everyone who doesn't agree with his work will all be the correct ones from the best schools.

Nobody has debunked his research yet. Claiming "paint chips" doesn't actually make it so.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

His peers at BYU agreed that there needs to be a new investigation based on his research. The head of the physics department said that his thermitic paper was "sound science".

Remind us again how that will ever happen?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So if BYU supports Jones' findings then why is the chair of Jones' department at BYU going out of his way to say his entire department thinks it's hogwash? It seems to me you're trying to support a falsehood with another falsehood.

"I think without exception, the structural engineering professors in our department are not in agreement with the claims made by Jones in his paper, and they don't think there is accuracy and validity to these claims" "The university is aware that Professor Steven Jones's hypotheses and interpretations of evidence regarding the collapse of World Trade Center buildings are being questioned by a number of scholars and practitioners, including many of BYU's own faculty members. Professor Jones's department and college administrators are not convinced that his analyses and hypotheses have been submitted to relevant scientific venues that would ensure rigorous technical peer review." - A. Woodruff Miller, Department Chair, BYU department of Civil and Environmental Engineering

BYU dept chair slaps down Steven Jones' junk science

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
So if BYU supports Jones' findings then why is the chair of Jones' department at BYU going out of his way to say his entire department thinks it's hogwash? It seems to me you're trying to support a falsehood with another falsehood.

"I think without exception, the structural engineering professors in our department are not in agreement with the claims made by Jones in his paper, and they don't think there is accuracy and validity to these claims" "The university is aware that Professor Steven Jones's hypotheses and interpretations of evidence regarding the collapse of World Trade Center buildings are being questioned by a number of scholars and practitioners, including many of BYU's own faculty members. Professor Jones's department and college administrators are not convinced that his analyses and hypotheses have been submitted to relevant scientific venues that would ensure rigorous technical peer review." - A. Woodruff Miller, Department Chair, BYU department of Civil and Environmental Engineering

BYU dept chair slaps down Steven Jones' junk science

your source link directs to

www.netxnews.net...

which does not have a copy of the letter. Can you provide a link that is not a debunker site that has a copy of the letter so that it can be viewed as 100% impartial?

I HATE coming across truthers using debunkers as expert testimony just to find out that same expert published the results of their investigation to debunk truthers and visa versa.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

How about he sends his data to CalTech, or MIT, or Stanford? Why, because they would laugh at him and show the rest of us it is bunk.

So the scientists, professors and physicists at CalTech, MIT and Stanford or all going to be correct and the scientists, professors and physicists at BYU don't know what they're talking about?

Well according to you professors as BYI know what they are talking about and professors at MIT don't. Pot meet kettle.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcpc
which does not have a copy of the letter. Can you provide a link that is not a debunker site that has a copy of the letter so that it can be viewed as 100% impartial?

That's a fair question. I can do better than that, actually- here's a link to the list of faculty of Brigham Young University, with A. Woodruff Miller's bio and contact info. He's not some con artist hiding behind a web site like that punk Dylan Avery. He's a real live person with nothing to hide:

Contact information for A. Woodruff Miller

You are quite free to write him directly and get the answer from the horse's mouth, rather than going through all this web site he-said-she-said. I'm 100% certain that he will respond to your request for clarification, particularly since Steven Jones is dragging BYU into his conspiracy movement and from Miller's tone it's clearly tee'ing them off. While you're at it, you can likewise check with the other faculty there to see who subscribes to this Jones' "controlled demolitions" fantasy.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by GoodOlDave]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

My issue is this. If he wanted to write about the 9/11 theories he would have done so extensively. I will bet money that when he wrote that letter he didn't anticipate it going on to every truther and debunker site ver. Suddenly everyone with a keyboard is e-mailing him. Unresearched uneducated truthers and debunkers are asking him 92837593287 questions about something that was investigated so many times that happened so long ago.

I'll just chalk up another tally in the experts that disagree catagory.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

My issue is this. If he wanted to write about the 9/11 theories he would have done so extensively. I will bet money that when he wrote that letter he didn't anticipate it going on to every truther and debunker site ver. Suddenly everyone with a keyboard is e-mailing him. Unresearched uneducated truthers and debunkers are asking him 92837593287 questions about something that was investigated so many times that happened so long ago.

OR, it could be akin to NASA and all the moon landing hoaxes. NASA knows they sent a man to the moon, and there's such a gigantic amount of freely available information from Earth escape velocities to the radio frequencies the missions used to the types of radiation found in space to to even the weird rocks brought back that it will irrefutablly prove the lunar landings to anyone seriously looking into the subject, so they're not going to waste their time addressing a bunch of paranoid crackpots whose accusation is based entirely upon deliberate misrepresentation and selective cherry picking.

Miller knows these controlled demolitions claims are unfounded NOT becuase of any personal opinion, but becuase of his professional background and expertise in civil engineering, so although he will almost certainly address any questions you have for him, he's not going to go out looking for an argument over this either.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I've found published investigations done by collages supporting debunkers. Does anyone have a link to a collage whos investigation supports truthers? If so please forward it to me.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

No, what I said is that he should have a peer review by other respected colleges, I am not knocking BYU but I am stating that we aren't any of the top 20 engineering/physics schools in the nation agreeing? If you have a seminar then people who believe the seminar will show up. BFD....

if he thought that any of his research would stand up to scrutiny he would have independent researchers confirm his findings.

He is disinfo...he was a Bush supporter...Bush and BYU...Look into it...Cheney and Mineta...folks, it is not that hard to see the connections and the coverup...flight 587....look it up....

I have also personally requested the ability to test his research and there are no responses..If you have true proof give it to everyone or else it is complete BS...

[edit on 13-5-2010 by esdad71]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I've found published investigations done by collages supporting debunkers. Does anyone have a link to a collage whos investigation supports truthers? If so please forward it to me.

Here's a link to a report written by MIT materials engineer Thomas Eagar, with the assistance of a number of MIT colleagues. It confirms the NIST and FEMA findings that the fires caused the collapse, though it differs from them over which particular component collapsed first.

Report from MIT materials engineer Thomas Eagar

Now, just WHAT college ever actually supported these conspiracy claims? THAT is what I'd like to know, since BYU pretty much forced Steven Jones to retire when he put out that report of his.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Here's a link to a report written by MIT materials engineer Thomas Eagar, with the assistance of a number of MIT colleagues. It confirms the NIST and FEMA findings that the fires caused the collapse, though it differs from them over which particular component collapsed first.

Report from MIT materials engineer Thomas Eagar

Now, just WHAT college ever actually supported these conspiracy claims? THAT is what I'd like to know, since BYU pretty much forced Steven Jones to retire when he put out that report of his.

I'm trying to find colleges that did an investigation to refute the investigations of perdue and MIT. If you have found them please let me know.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Um, WTC 7 tipped slightly to the south near the end of it's fall and the only building "across the street" to the south was WTC 1 that had already collapsed. Got a source for your claim? Thanks.

30 West Broadway, was NORTH of WTC 7 and damaged by its collapse. So, while part of wtc 7 did tip and fall to the south, another sizable part of wtc 7 fell to the north and clobbered 30 west.

sites.google.com...

It does appear that 30 west did take some damage, I am not entirely sure I'd call it "clobbered". Take a look at the picture of Ground Zero, they say pictures are worth a thousand words.

For those who may need some reference points on the above photo, here is a map of the complex

[edit on 14-5-2010 by MrWendal]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

- No evidence of molten steel demonstrated.

Direct contradiction to the FEMA report. Which is exactly why you claim there is no official story, so that you can deny bits and pieces of it so that YOUR story will mesh.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I'm trying to find colleges that did an investigation to refute the investigations of perdue and MIT. If you have found them please let me know.

I certainly will. To my knowledge, the only ones attempting to refute them are of a childish nature, such as from that con artist Dylan Avery, who smears everyone refuting his bread and butter video enterprise as, "yellow journalism". I've never been to MIT nor am I an avid reader of Popular Mechanics, but I don't recall them ever wallowing in scandal mongering.

I repeat my prior request- can you post this supposed "university sponsered report that confirms the truther position" that you alluded to? I'm not aware of the existance of even one such study.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Exactly. They l just go with the flow or risk damaging their careers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join