It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Murdered' man reappears after 10 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

'Murdered' man reappears after 10 years

www.msnbc.msn.com

A Chinese man who was supposedly hacked to death in a fight has reappeared in his hometown after 10 years, state media said, raising questions about police torture to extract a confession from the alleged killer.

Zhao Zhensheng, the supposed killer, has served 10 years of a 29-year sentence after confessing to killing Zhao Zuohui in a hatchet fight in central China's Henan province, the China Daily reported this weekend.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The article goes on to say that the convicted man confessed after torture by the police. He barely escaped execution.

I see nothing mentioned about the convicted man being immediately released or even that China is looking to grant him an appeal.

Either way, this man had ten years of his life stolen from him and his life ruined. His wife and children are gone. And it doesn't seem from this article that China is concerned about it, either.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Yes it is surprising China doesn't seem to care.

They have a long history of civil rights and great treatment of prisoners.

This isn't the China I know.

Must be the China from an alternate timeline.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
('
')

[edit on 9-5-2010 by pablos]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yet another piece of evidence to show that torture is COMPLETELY and utterly useless in extracting truthful information. Any good torturer can make a person confess to anything they want them to, just to make it stop. It's only useful for getting a quasi-legal reason to put someone behind bars or silence them.

NEXUS

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NoEXcUseS

I'm sure that the torture used to get a confession was done without the concern for the truth, but only for a confession in order to solve the case. Its obvious that the Chinese police were NOT concerned with the truth here.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by mikelee]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
reply to post by NoEXcUseS

I'm sure that the torture used to get a confession was done without the concern for the truth, but only for a confession in order to solve the case. Its obvious that the Chinese police were NOT concerned with the truth here.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by mikelee]

That doesnt make sense at all. Torture always gets the wrong answers, and should never be used in any system ever.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I agree. Just pointing out that obviously there was no concern for the truth at all there.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Did antbody else notice that Zhao returned to recieve welfare support? Anybody else think this might be a case of stolen identity?

Maybe it's him, maybe not - doesn't seem like the place to be making blanket remarks about torture. Although torture lacks the moral high ground, I don't think anybody that hasn't experienced it could suggest that it always begats mistruths - just my opinion.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Any word on the headless body that was found?

Could they not of done tests to confirm it was him or something?

Perhaps the person that confest to the killing actually killed the headless person.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
Any word on the headless body that was found?

Could they not of done tests to confirm it was him or something?

Perhaps the person that confest to the killing actually killed the headless person.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by FoxMulder91]

I was going to ask the same thing, just because the guy murdered this guy doesn't mean he knew his name...so he could have just been confessing to a crime in general.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

raising questions about police torture to extract a confession from the alleged killer.

I don't see what's wrong with torturing someone to make him say what you want him to say
. I'm sure police torture is a very effective method at convincing suspects that they are guilty and should be punished.

If you are "raising questions" or anything such, you are free to complain... of course though, you'd be "interrogated" by police for a mere legitimate and routine background check, no biggie. But beware, lots of things could surface during that, uhm, "interrogation"....

"We at China police never leave the case unsolved! Every murderer will be found, if we can't find the murderer, we will BUILD a murderer. China can build anything!" He heh... crazy world.

[edit on 10/5/2010 by SassyCat]

new topics

top topics

join